The Famous Aberdeen v Close but no Cigar United - Fergie Homecoming

I was keen to go to the game today but didnt make any effort when hearing it was a sell out - so why so many empty seats in Main Stand and Paddock?
The police/council enforce some ridiculously reduced capacity in the Merkland as it's unallocated "standing".
Main stand will probably be season ticket holders but wouldn't surprise me if the capacity is reduced there too. That plus closed of areas in section y and ridiculous segregation the capacity is way down these days

It's certainly not a boring game, at least. Should be leading - Ramirez and especially Besuijen both culpable of passing up great chances.

Ferguson, Barron, Kennedy, Ojo and Besuijen have all caught the eye for mostly positive reasons. 

Bates and Montgomery have, unfortunately, been dreadful. 

8 minutes ago, Dunty said:

Attendance 18,700 for a game sold out. That would appear to be Pittodrie's capacity these days.

One of the side sections in the Richard Donald Upper is empty because of the TV gantry which could be moved if needed. 

Also about 100 seats below this in the lower Richard Donald close to the away section. Would take the capacity over 19,000. 

Whilst not wishing to get too carried away, I like Barron more with every passing game I see from him - great engine combined with very decent technique. You might expect someone of his stature to get bullied in midfield, but his awareness is excellent for his age and experience which really helps him out. 

14 minutes ago, captainkev said:

We've been struggling to get anything going 2nd half so far. We need a positive change but I suspect our next change will likely see Clark on either for McNulty or Mcdonald.

Nearly right. Watt's not had a great game, tbf. Doesn't really help us when we're struggling to create chances this half.

Edited by captainkev