The Famous Aberdeen v Close but no Cigar United - Fergie Homecoming

8 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Decent point all things considered. We simply didn't create enough against a poor Aberdeen side. Aberdeen can probably point to the two good chances blootered into the stand first half but that aside, they didn't create anything worthwhile either.

Goodwin clearly making his mark as the c***s were grappling at every exchange and throwing themselves to the ground at the slightest contact. 

I thought they just had hollow legs, lol. Two very poor teams imo both miles off being decent. We have a better defence they’ve a slightly better offence.

3 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Yeah, the incredibly blatant pull on the shirt? Everyone saw it, tbf. 

It was a foul by Bates but yer man dived to make sure he won it.  The very definition of "throwing yourself to the ground".  

Every single club in the league ‘buys’ fouls, from defenders relieving pressure on themselves to attackers winning pens. 

To pretend otherwise is just silly. It’s a great frustration just how many fouls occur in a game in Scotland for that reason. We all want set pieces in and around the opposition box and the game suffers for it. 

Uniteds pen was absolutely a pen but the boy also absolutely threw himself to the deck. 

55 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Decent point all things considered. We simply didn't create enough against a poor Aberdeen side. Aberdeen can probably point to the two good chances blootered into the stand first half but that aside, they didn't create anything worthwhile either.

Goodwin clearly making his mark as the c***s were grappling at every exchange and throwing themselves to the ground at the slightest contact. 

Siegrist was just diving around stopping balls going into the net to keep warm? 

It's amazing how often a team will manage to nick a point with their fans claiming "both teams were really bad". Not one of the ex pros on the radio thought both teams were poor.

United were dangerous on the counter and defended well. Aberdeen created two guilt edged chances among the half dozen half chances.

If that was a poor game of football then I'm excited for what Goodwin will do when he gets his own players in.

7 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

It's amazing how often a team will manage to nick a point with their fans claiming "both teams were really bad". Not one of the ex pros on the radio thought both teams were poor.

United were dangerous on the counter and defended well. Aberdeen created two guilt edged chances among the half dozen half chances.

If that was a poor game of football then I'm excited for what Goodwin will do when he gets his own players in.

The difference between that match yesterday and the 1-1 at Motherwell last Saturday was night and day. And I would say the main difference was, although there were a few dramatic falls yesterday, Motherwell play the game to win as many fouls as possible, hope the referee is an idiot, and stop the game at every available opportunity. United don’t really do that and the game flowed a lot better yesterday. But it was a good game yesterday.