The Famous Aberdeen v Close but no Cigar United - Fergie Homecoming

19 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Don’t even remember starting this thread

The rum cask glenlivet seemed like a good idea at the time last night 

Good idea at any time. It's a fine drink. Not as good as Balvenie Caribbean cask imo but a decent substitute to have. A John Hewitt whisky you could say.

Jim Goodwin is far too handsome to be a football manager.

Despite this, Willie Miller stated at the weekend that he was off home to get an injection of Tam Courts - or something like that, forcing Richard Gordon to intervene.

United looked well-drilled against Sevco, and clearly Madden is a closet-arab. Hopefully the managers of past and present, 9,999 home fans (plus another 8,000 or so hingers-on) can inspire the side to what is looking a very necessary three points if we are to avoid the humiliation of actually having to taking part in the Betfred sections.

Edited by tarapoa

Would be nice if a football match breaks out ,that Motherwell shitfest still fresh in the memory.

Not going to judge JG too harshly as just in the door.

Looking forward to this game probably because i have no idea what to expect.

Glass teams were so predictable.

fingers crossed for 3points but settle for a point if honest.

Edited by ken es

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Was given that as a gift that I didn’t have particularly high hopes for but was pleasantly surprised. 

Nah, I buy it quite regularly 

It’s often on promotion in Asda and Tesco and is an absolute steal at £25 when on a deal

Its a lovely drop, a complete steal at that price 

Looking forward to this one, but then I say that before every match. Let’s see if Jim Goodwin makes a difference to our defence after a full week’s training. I really, really hope Gallagher is on the bench this week, along with Adam Montgomery. And that the coaching team have worked non-stop on Calvin Ramsay’s defending.

Thankfully I will be watching this on TV, sadly accompanied by the dulcet tones of the DUTV crackpots commentary team.

My prediction is the usual sort of climatic conditions at Pittodrie with an archeological team finding frozen remains in 2,000 years.