Dundee v St Mirren 23/2/22

Well that's disappointing. Had a pint in Sandy's Bar in Lochee, number 1 bus from the Stack and a pint in Frews planned. 

Was looking forward to the Johnny Scobie song as well. Don't even know if I'm going to make the "replay". 

Is the Lochee Sports Club still open lads? I used this as a watering hole a few years ago whilst working in Dundee and living in a flat above the Spar. 

It was a bit of a shitehole tbh but anything seemed to go in it and the regulars were some laugh, when they were sober enough to talk. 

Boy that owned it fancied himself as a bit of a scout/agent, once tried to phone Tony Fitzpatrick when I was stood speaking to him but Tony patched him. Also reckoned he was the man who discovered Jack Ross and played him in a Junior cup final at 16. Probably full of shite right enough. 

5 minutes ago, Saint Shug said:

Is the Lochee Sports Club still open lads? I used this as a watering hole a few years ago whilst working in Dundee and living in a flat above the Spar. 

It was a bit of a shitehole tbh but anything seemed to go in it and the regulars were some laugh, when they were sober enough to talk. 

Boy that owned it fancied himself as a bit of a scout/agent, once tried to phone Tony Fitzpatrick when I was stood speaking to him but Tony patched him. Also reckoned he was the man who discovered Jack Ross and played him in a Junior cup final at 16. Probably full of shite right enough. 

I always get confused with the club on the High Street near the bypass  and the big church (still open, but now strict about non-members popping in) and the club near Bank Street, opposite Kelly's which closed a few years back. 

Edited by Cosmic Joe

1 hour ago, Captain Saintsible said:

Dumpdee Derry bigots are a comedy club. They should have been liquidated long ago. 

See that Happy Talk' single you did?

It was a pile of fucking shite.

Thank you.

27 minutes ago, Saint Shug said:

Davie Martin. Gavin Gunning used to hang about with him. Think it was him who talked Gunning into doing the Lochee Fleet sign after scoring in a derby.

23 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Davie Martin. Gavin Gunning used to hang about with him. Think it was him who talked Gunning into doing the Lochee Fleet sign after scoring in a derby.

Did he not somehow manage to become Raith’s manager or assistant manager or something like that. 

7 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

Isnt Dens on a slight hill? 

Surely makes it ok for drainage, no? Either that or it causes one goal to hold a shitload of water. 

I'm probably oversimplifying it. 

We used to have a tremendous pitch. One of, if not the best in Scotland and there was like one game called off in about 20 year (or at least that's what it felt like) and that was mid-game against Hibs when it was snowed off and even then, 20 minutes later, the pitch was ready to go again.

Since the Covid season, our pitch has been utter shit and as was evident in the first attempt at this fixture, all it takes is a strong wind to blow the game off these days!

God knows what's happened over the past 2-3 seasons, but it is a bit of a minter.

Today's rain was quite mental though tbf.