No a Derby Vs The Derby extravaganza to end all derbies

1 hour ago, Hursty said:

To be fair this is from the Official QoS preview.   We don't make it clear in the slightest that tickets can actually be bought on the day - I know we want them bought in advance but should never be telling folk they are unavailable when they actually are. 

Edit - our own preview never mentions anything about buying at the ground either.   Seems daft not to give folk every option.    

While I'm moaning, one turnstile open on North Terracing entrance was rubbish too.   That crowd today didn't need folk to be queued back past the Hospitality entrance at 2.50.    

AND the 5 male portaloo thing is horrendous.    Its actually worse than before.   That should have been as an addition to the original one with a quick in and out urinals - I'd like to think that's long gone next year. 

Screenshot_20220226-204514_Chrome.jpg

5 toilets for that amount of crowd is shocking. Will be even worse for the Killie game, even with the 2 additional ones like they had at the last game

3 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Quite right to enjoy it. You certainly wont be playing us next season unless it's a cup game. 

I can’t see Ayr being relegated to be fair. Still you never know. 

A very welcome win obviously, first half especially we were by far the better team, every man working their socks off and putting Ayr under pressure with a goal to cap it off. I thought we started the second half a bit lethargicly and took a good ten minutes to get going again and that gave Ayr a bit of impetus, but once we did get going we had a couple of good chances to increase our lead. I have too say however there were times in that second half when it was like watching an AJ team sitting back trying to hold onto what they had. I thought when Paton went off we lost a bit of spark and bringing N'diti on instead of a straight switch for another attacker sort of emphasised that we were being more defensive. It's always squeaky bum time when we concede corners and we certainly conceded a few in the second half, but it looks like we've tightened up a bit defending them, today anyway. No real failures for us today, had Paton as my Queens MoM before he had to go off, Cameron is growing on me, Todd worked hard but I'm worried he hasn't the legs for 90 minutes of hard graft, Fitzpatrick looked good in flashes, scored the goal but still looks pea-hearted when tackles need to be made. A pity Dunfermline managed a point today but at least we've closed the gap on them and kept Ayr very much in the mix. 

Fitzpatrick looked good in flashes, scored the goal but still looks pea-hearted when tackles need to be made.

I think Gibson knows that as well. Last week certainly, there wasn't much emphasis on Fitzpatrick having to defend. He had to a wee bit more today but from my dodgy stream he looked like he wasn't having to put a lot of defensive work in. It may well be a masterstroke from Gibson though as the last two games Fitzpatrick has looked like the player we thought we.were getting. I never thought I'd say this but I hope he isn't out too long with whatever injury he went off with.

I never commented on it earlier but another clean sheet is an incredible achievement for our much maligned defence. Fair play to the boys at the back yet again who were pretty solid. O'Connor was written off early doors by a few of our support but he's been excellent the last two weeks.

5 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I  think Gibson knows that as well. Last week certainly, there wasn't much emphasis on Fitzpatrick having to defend. He had to a wee bit more today but from my dodgy stream he looked like he wasn't having to put a lot of defensive work in. It may well be a masterstroke from Gibson though as the last two games Fitzpatrick has looked like the player we thought we.were getting. I never thought I'd say this but I hope he isn't out too long with whatever injury he went off with.

Fitzpatrick injury nothing bad, he's fine👍

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

11 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Yeah, seems a certain QOS fan was embarrassing himself on here for absolutely no reason then...

I had an excellent reason to embarrass myself, thank you very much.

As Flash and others have pointed out, I was responding to a link to your OS.  If that's presenting totally wrong information on match day, I'd suggest it needs sorting.

7 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I think Gibson knows that as well. Last week certainly, there wasn't much emphasis on Fitzpatrick having to defend. He had to a wee bit more today but from my dodgy stream he looked like he wasn't having to put a lot of defensive work in. It may well be a masterstroke from Gibson though as the last two games Fitzpatrick has looked like the player we thought we.were getting. I never thought I'd say this but I hope he isn't out too long with whatever injury he went off with.

I never commented on it earlier but another clean sheet is an incredible achievement for our much maligned defence. Fair play to the boys at the back yet again who were pretty solid. O'Connor was written off early doors by a few of our support but he's been excellent the last two weeks.

Think Fitzpatrick just had a touch of cramp or tight muscle, a couple of times I noticed he was bending his foot up to stretch the muscles. Agree about the defence today, and about O'Connor, looked a haddy in his first two games but has certainly improved. Hope I've not jinxed him.

Edit to add: I meant to say about Fitzpatrick (not) winning tackles, I wasn't really talking about this in a defensive situation but more further up the park, closing an opposition defender or midfielder down and seriously trying to take the ball back off him rather than just dangle a foot out hoping the players leaves it to him. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

Bringing Baird in for Murdoch was a mental decision from Bullen. Queens were there for the taking, but he’s shat the bed and went for the square pegs in round hole option rather than altering the formation and have players playing their correct position. Muirhead and McGinty have struck up a good partnership and he’s torn that up to keep 3 in midfield, baffling. 

Nothing went well for us at all, the ball was bouncing off players rather than being controlled, Ashford isolated up top. We just weren’t at the races at all. 

Bringing Baird in for Murdoch was a mental decision from Bullen. Queens were there for the taking, but he’s shat the bed and went for the square pegs in round hole option rather than altering the formation and have players playing their correct position. Muirhead and McGinty have struck up a good partnership and he’s torn that up to keep 3 in midfield, baffling. 

Nothing went well for us at all, the ball was bouncing off players rather than being controlled, Ashford isolated up top. We just weren’t at the races at all. 

We were there for the taking before a ball was even kicked?

36 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Yeah, the team who is bottom of the league was there for the taking. We were very poor through, Queens not much better. 

Queens fans tend to get very touchy when it’s pointed out they aren’t very good.

And yes, before some halfwit jumps on it I’m aware that Ayr aren’t either.

14 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Queens fans tend to get very touchy when it’s pointed out they aren’t very good.

Oh I think we know we're not very good - being at the bottom of the table at the end of February gives us a wee bit of a clue there.  Having endured 3/4 of a season of AJ negativity, we're now just enjoying watching the team finally showing some positivity and offering a bit of a fight with possibly a chance of getting into 9th.  What's not to like?

Yeah, the team who is bottom of the league was there for the taking. We were very poor through, Queens not much better. 
And yes, before some halfwit jumps on it I’m aware that Ayr aren’t either.

No one is getting touchy and no one has actually said Queens weren't very good either which makes your post a bit bizarre. I've just genuinely never heard the saying "there for the taking" being used before a game. It's normally a phrase I'll hear or use during a game when you can see the opposition aren't firing as expected.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

o one is getting touchy and no one has actually said Queens weren't very good either which makes your post a bit bizarre. I've just genuinely never heard the saying "there for the taking" being used before a game. It's normally a phrase I'll hear or use during a game when you can see the opposition aren't firing as expected.

What a load of BS . Queens have been there for the taking all season . Most weeks they will be taken . 

I think what he maybe meant was the given QOS were bottom of the table and were on a poor run, we approached the game in entirely the wrong way.

We lost the majority of second balls which is entirely unacceptable given the team that we put out was one that was designed to battle. I still think had Murdoch played in midfield we’d have got away with McKenzie and Maxwell playing as no one would’ve got the better of that midfield but Bullen has to figure out how to change his approach to certain games.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think what he maybe meant was the given QOS were bottom of the table and were on a poor run, we approached the game in entirely the wrong way.

We lost the majority of second balls which is entirely unacceptable given the team that we put out was one that was designed to battle. I still think had Murdoch played in midfield we’d have got away with McKenzie and Maxwell playing as no one would’ve got the better of that midfield but Bullen has to figure out how to change his approach to certain games.

I think you are possibly right, especially as Murdoch being on the pitch allows us to keep the ball far better and gets Maxwell and McKenzie further up the pitch and means they have a slight chance of linking up and achieving something. I’m hoping we will see that change of approach when we play Hamilton at home. Saying that, I’m still hoping to see some minor changes in the games coming up with Rowe and Adeloye being given starts.