No a Derby Vs The Derby extravaganza to end all derbies

Just now, Flash said:

In the league - next game is against Cove in the Diddy Cup. Could probably do without it, tbh. 

Forgot about that ... we should play the squad players in that to avoid injuries, far too much at stake in the league now to mess about.

Just now, No_Problemo said:

f**k off with the pish about wanting it more Bullen, your tactical naivety cost us yet again. 

That lineup and setup for a fixture of that importance, was utterly embarrassing today. Like I say, we got exactly what we deserved and Bullen needs to do a hell of a lot better going forward.

Just now, Calayrdonia said:

That lineup and setup for a fixture of that importance, was utterly embarrassing today. Like I say, we got exactly what we deserved and Bullen needs to do a hell of a lot better going forward.

Spoke about it before the game, and the most frustrating aspect was it was so predictable. 

f**k off with the pish about wanting it more Bullen, your tactical naivety cost us yet again. 

He’s right though. They beat us to just about every second ball and looked like the team that wanted to stay up more.

We can talk about the starting line up and it’s obvious he got it wrong but there wasn’t enough shown from the players that did play.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

He’s right though. They beat us to just about every second ball and looked like the team that wanted to stay up more.

We can talk about the starting line up and it’s obvious he got it wrong but there wasn’t enough shown from the players that did play.

Have to say I was expecting more from Ayr, especially given your last couple of results ... and our frailty.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t buy that at all tbh, it’s a cover for his failings. 

As a Queens fan, it still feels a bit strange that it's the opposition fans who have more to moan about than us. Long may it continue.

Without wanting to hark back too much, we're all just wishing that the managerial change was made quite a few weeks earlier; it was quite clear that we were on a hiding to nothing under the previous regime.

Edited by Riviera711

2 minutes ago, Riviera711 said:

Without wanting to hark back too much, we're all just wishing that the managerial change was made quite a few weeks earlier; it was quite clear that we were on a hiding to nothing under the previous regime.

I think it's now abundantly clear that our BOD's strategy was to maximise the level of excitement in the final quarter of the season ... drama ... Queens ... 😐

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

There can be failings from both players and management.

There were failings from numerous players, largely those that we know aren’t good in games like today. It wasn’t because they didn’t try hard enough though, that’s nonsense from him. 

In the league - next game is against Cove in the Diddy Cup. Could probably do without it, tbh. 
Forgot about that ... we should play the squad players in that to avoid injuries, far too much at stake in the league now to mess about.

I knew we were playing on Tuesday (saw your post about it being televised earlier on Flash) but I couldn't give a shite about it tbh. As you say OB, I wouldn't care if he completely changes the side for it. I do expect a strong lineup though as he'll want to keep the momentum going.

22 minutes ago, Calayrdonia said:

Everyone cries out for Muirhead to be moved back into defence because he's never a midfielder in a million years and Baird is shite. He does it and we beat Killie away and Inverness away while looking reasonably solid. Then we play the team bottom of the league, and when Murdoch is injured, he thinks it's a good idea to go BACK to the old set up. Jesus f**k. Not impressed with him at all at times.

Aye. Murdoch missing was bad but was perfect time to play Tomi and Ashford together and go on front foot from start.  That was horrific today. McKenzie as well is good away at Killie and ICT etc when your wingers have to be defensive but embarrassingly bad today when we are at home against a team we should be expecting to beat.    

3 minutes ago, Riviera711 said:

As a Queens fan, it still feels a bit strange that it's the opposition fans who have more to moan about than us. Long may it continue.

It wouldn’t have been unreasonable binning AJ in October. It was negligent not binning him by December. 

Have we left it too late? Time will tell, but things are starting to look up. 

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

I knew we were playing on Tuesday (saw your post about it being televised earlier on Flash) but I couldn't give a shite about it tbh. As you say OB, I wouldn't care if he completely changes the side for it. I do expect a strong lineup though as he'll want to keep the momentum going.

Usually, I'm one of those old dafties that actually likes the Diddy Cup cos its the only friggin' cup competition that we'll ever have a chance of winning and it gives a break from the four-times-a-season league stuff.  But we sure as hell have more important fish to fry this final quarter now.  Certainly worth giving McKechnie game time and certainly not worth risking Connelly if he's close.

18 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Usually, I'm one of those old dafties that actually likes the Diddy Cup cos its the only friggin' cup competition that we'll ever have a chance of winning and it gives a break from the four-times-a-season league stuff.  But we sure as hell have more important fish to fry this final quarter now.  Certainly worth giving McKechnie game time and certainly not worth risking Connelly if he's close.

Chima to score the winner on Tuesday with one of his trademark towering headers.