Friday Night Craporama - Hamilton Academical -vs- Inverness Caledonian Thistle

The only losing by a single goal thing is becoming tedious. Some of the great humiliations in our history have come in Friday night games - the 5-1 against Morton , the 3-0 against Accies under Foran. These are the sorts of performances we need to emulate if Dodds is going to commit fully to making us embarrassingly shite.  

3 minutes ago, alsy said:

The only losing by a single goal thing is becoming tedious. Some of the great humiliations in our history have come in Friday night games - the 5-1 against Morton , the 3-0 against Accies under Foran. These are the sorts of performances we need to emulate if Dodds is going to commit fully to making us embarrassingly shite.  

It’s the sort of result needed to get Dodds emptied.

6 minutes ago, alsy said:

Hate to be a pedant but this game was on a Tuesday night 😂 

I would put money on Dodds still being with us at the end of the season 

2 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Hate to be a pedant but this game was on a Tuesday night 😂 

Baws, so it was. I blame Dodds for making me too upset to get my facts straight.

Hopefully we see a performance from the players here, some good entertainment would be nice, ala Partick as opposed to the Ayr match dross. 

A win would edge us closer to Abroath & Killie before they play, nicely applying some pressure for their matches Sat. 

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Hamilton are the only side we haven't take a point from this season. Sadly, I don't see this changing tomorrow.

Courage mon brave! I know your frustration with recent performances has driven you to this despondency but as football fans we live in hope and hopefully we will turn the Hammies over tomorrow night.

Might go along to this. I can see ICT fans can buy online but assuming they’ll be behind the goal so I’d rather sit in the home end. Can you buy online for the home end? If not, do I need to go to an ATM beforehand like a caveman if I’m buying a ticket at the ground? 

Edited by ScottR96

1) Can you buy online for the home end?

2) If not, do I need to go to an ATM beforehand like a caveman if I’m buying a ticket at the ground? 

1) No.

2) Yes. I think Morrison's and Sainsbury's are the closest ATMs to the stadium.

I was bed-ridden earlier in the week so decided to watch the October meeting. I don't think I appreciated how poor we were up until the red card, and I still maintain that that Inverness performance was the best we've faced.

It seems they've been poor recently but their attacking shape created a load of space between the lines to exploit our sole DM (which their attacking players, esp MacGregor, loved) and Want in particular found himself having to step up which is awkward when there's a chance of you getting run in behind from two different directions. It was also tricky building up as Mimnaugh was nullified and the FBs weren't great at playing though the press. Lewis Smith dropped deeper than either of the 8s but when Virtanen's the guy inside of him then you're hardly getting De Bruyne-esque movements out wide.

If we had better attacking players then things could be better, but we'll miss Ryan if he's out. While his linkup wasn't great, he was constantly looking to get in behind which stretched Inverness and created quite a bit of space for second balls which Virtanen and Redfern weren't taking advantage of. Kennedy and Martin might, although I've been surprised at how much Kennedy's been holding his width on the left.

Devine back I see. Hopefully this will give the defence a solidity about it.

As for Sutherland, it has been increasingly problematic having him in the context of the favoured formation.

With Welsh also starting, here starts the run to the best team possible for the end of season glamour games.