St Mirren next permanent manager version 2022

11 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Lithuanian guy was the manager when they won the Scottish

Some old USSR manager who done the best interview ever seen on tv was in charge when we beat them in the league cup.

I remember the wee angry Russian guy, if you skip to 10:00 on the video above. There’s a great clip of Malofeev shouting at a player in Russian while Craig Gordon stands behind him absolutely pissing him laughing 😂

7 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Seemed like loads then randomly John McGlynn and Stevie Frail.

:lol:

It totally did!

I'm guessing the work visa hadn't come in and it was..

> "John, you'll be taking the team this week."
> "You mean like pick the team and everything?"
> "No, no, Vladimir will pick the team like always, you just need to lead them out."

I see Derek Adams name doing the rounds on Twitter, he had a quite a successful time as County boss. Got them a top six spot, only missed out on European football by a point, a 30+ game unbeaten run on their way to the Premier League. 

I’d be all for him getting the job if he wasn’t such an insufferable nob. 

13 minutes ago, Ric said:

It totally did!

I'm guessing the work visa hadn't come in and it was..

> "John, you'll be taking the team this week."
> "You mean like pick the team and everything?"
> "No, no, Vladimir will pick the team like always, you just need to lead them out."

4 minutes ago, TheMuzekMan said:

I see Derek Adams name doing the rounds on Twitter, he had a quite a successful time as County boss. Got them a top six spot, only missed out on European football by a point, a 30+ game unbeaten run on their way to the Premier League. 

t3qkhrohrh321.jpg

41 minutes ago, TheMuzekMan said:

Derek Adams, is a good manager and one who is definitely good enough....however, the downside to him is that he'll hit a point where  he inevitably, unavoidably falls out with folk and becomes a liability.

It's the same reason Billy Davies hasn't had a club in nearly a decade despite having more wins than losses at every club he's managed in England. Good manager but an impossible cunt to work with.

Edited by djchapsticks

Langfield said: "These things happen in football when a manager is doing really well at a club but as staff and players our pure focus on Livingston on Saturday.

"The run we've been on since we came back from the winter break has been brilliant.

"It is a disruption, nobody's going to get away from that that but we've got a great squad of players in there and a backroom staff.

"We'll deal with it and go to Livingston tomorrow and get

"All I said to the players was 'what's going on is going on, we need to accept it. We don't know the outcome of it, no-one does and we just need to prepare as well as possible.'

"I believe with the squad we've got we go there in good spirits. I think any team that is put on the pitch tomorrow will give a real good account of ourselves."

Asked whether he will be in charge of the team at the Tony Macaroni arena, he smiled: "You probably know more than me.

"This sort of stuff drags on and who knows what will happen? The manager might be back tomorrow, we just never know.

"As it stands we took training this morning as the club asked us. The manager obviously has other things on his mind and we're more than happy to do it."

The Scotland B cap loved being a Dons player and is sure the Irishman would be the same if he does take the manager's chair.

He even reckons there might be a surprise in store in terms of the size of the club.

"I had a great 11 years up there. It is a big club in the Scottish game," he said.

"I can understand why he's attracted to it, I get that.

"Any manager or player, you want to develop and you want to go and test yourself against the best.

"That's no disrespect to St Mirren because what we've got here is incredible and I'm very lucky to be part of it.

But Aberdeen is maybe that next step for the manager, if it happens.

"But he'll get a shock at how big the club is if he goes up there.

"It's an enormous club, great fan base and a great place to work."

Having worked together for two-and-a-half years, Langfield knows all about Goodwin's qualities and raved about what he brings to a club.

He said: "I think with the budget restraints we have and his transfer dealings, everyone can see the club is in a stronger and better position with the team.

"Also his man-management style with the players. We've got 22 players in the squad and I can't really say any of them are unhappy."

That Burns tweet could be interpreted as Goodwin staying.

Not saying that's what it is saying, but it's vague enough.

Edit: also, those Langfield comments, while being brilliantly pragmatic and exactly what you want to hear, it also hints that Goodwin hadn't set his mind on moving as you'd expect Langfield to reflect that rather than say "he might be back".

It's all join the dots stuff, seeing shapes in clouds. Burns' tweet could be about Ross' reluctance and Langfield might just be playing it with a straight bat.

Edited by Ric

Derek Adams probably has the most historic success out of the names mentioned, but Bradford should be doing far better than they were under him. In mitigation they've been crap for a while, but he was backed and lost the dressing room/fans fairly quickly. 

I suppose if you appoint him not expecting much you might be alright, but if you do then he'll likely disappoint I'd imagine. 

If Ross is available I think he's the obvious shout. He doesn't change things for the sake of it so in the hopes of continuing the good momentum yourselves have generated he'd be my shout. 

Edited by Chefki Kuqi