St Mirren next permanent manager version 2022

With 3 points from the final 24 available at Motherwell, this is just the appointment the relegation battle needed. 
Finished 8th and 7th in the two full, completed seasons he had at Fir Park. Can see why those sort of lofty finishes would appeal to St Mirren. Tearing it up at Morecambe this season as well with 7 wins in 32 games. 
Least he's not costing a six-figure compensation fee though... 
He has a win rate Davidson can only dream of if you want to play stats. 42% at Well over 3 seasons is excellent. Two cup finals and a 3rd place league finish. I'd say he is as good as it gets record wise of anyone remotely available.

Absolutely no guarantee he’ll be a success of course, but as someone else said, this is such an un-St Mirreny appointment that the majority of Buddies who have watched us for any length of time will need a lie down to recover from the news that we haven’t given Broony a five year contract with Paisley Panda as his assistant.

14 minutes ago, Radford said:

With 3 points from the final 24 available at Motherwell, this is just the appointment the relegation battle needed. 

Finished 8th and 7th in the two full, completed seasons he had at Fir Park. Can see why those sort of lofty finishes would appeal to St Mirren. Tearing it up at Morecambe this season as well with 7 wins in 32 games. 

Least he's not costing a six-figure compensation fee though... 

gettyimages-805225006-1024x1024.jpg

7 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Absolutely no guarantee he’ll be a success of course, but as someone else said, this is such an un-St Mirreny appointment that the majority of Buddies who have watched us for any length of time will need a lie down to recover from the news that we haven’t given Broony a five year contract with Paisley Panda as his assistant.

No guarantee he will be successful with St Mirren or any team for that matter. But I would be genuinely quite upset if he went to the buddies. Only because I thought he was excellent when he was with us. And he did the decent thing when it was time up. 

Let’s face it the average tenure in the top flight is 1-2 years so his record and longevity with us was absolutely a success. I was disappointed when he left even if it was coming. 

The most concerning and upsetting thing for me is that this might mean I would like St Mirren to do well against all other teams. (Caveat - as long as they don’t finish above us).

What is the world coming too 😫😉.

From memory I think Motherwell put out a social media video about mental health and/or bullying and one of his former youth players commented on it saying Robbo was in fact a bully. Don't think anything came of it. There was also the altercation in Edinburgh with his bird, again nothing came of it in the end.
Would be a good appointment for St Mirren, I think. Probably won't have you playing tiki taka anytime soon but he was relatively successful with us and I doubt there's many Motherwell fans who aren't appreciative of the work he did.
The thing with his partner went to court where she said it was all a big misunderstanding.

59 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Do you think Charles Dunne sent him a jokey message over the weekend saying "fancy the job gaffer" and the reply was "well aye actually".

Very strange. Still got ties in the central belt? He isn't still living up here is he?

Anyway, would be delighted with that appointment.

Charlie is probably giving him a lift up the road.

Wonder if Robinson will take Lasley with him to St Mirren.

Kind of similar an appointment to Goodwin to Aberdeen, to me.

Good, solid, safe option, but not good enough where you think they'll have the club overachieving and certainly not one you'd say is worth spending 6 figures getting.

Hope St Mirren fans are all set for 38 games of 4-3-3 with Charles Dunne shelling long diagonals out the park.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Good, solid, safe option, but not good enough where you think they'll have the club overachieving and certainly not one you'd say is worth spending 6 figures getting.

Hope St Mirren fans are all set for 38 games of 4-3-3 with Charles Dunne shelling long diagonals out the park.

And Curtis Main at centre forward 😄

Robbo will be a good appointment for St Mirren. With a team containing Dunne, Tait and Main he might not play the best football but the team will always be competitive.

It'll be interesting to see how he gets on in the transfer window. His plan for us (albeit I'm sure he didn't have the final say) was to sign as many obscure players as possible in the hope 1 or 2 would be good. For every Cedric Kipre and Mark Gillespie we had a Sherwin Seedorf or Christy Manzinga.

It'll also be interesting to see if Lasley goes to St Mirren. He was assistant manager under Robbo and that's still his title but with Alexander bringing Chris Lucketti it seems as though Lasley is more of an assistant to the assistant. He has a young family so I'd imagine a move to Morecambe was a no go but Paisley is only half an hour along the road.

3 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Robbo will be a good appointment for St Mirren. With a team containing Dunne, Tait and Main he might not play the best football but the team will always be competitive.

It'll be interesting to see how he gets on in the transfer window. His plan for us (albeit I'm sure he didn't have the final say) was to sign as many obscure players as possible in the hope 1 or 2 would be good. For every Cedric Kipre and Mark Gillespie we had a Sherwin Seedorf or Christy Manzinga.

It'll also be interesting to see if Lasley goes to St Mirren. He was assistant manager under Robbo and that's still his title but with Alexander bringing Chris Lucketti it seems as though Lasley is more of an assistant to the assistant. He has a young family so I'd imagine a move to Morecambe was a no go but Paisley is only half an hour along the road.

He stays in Langbank so 10 mind away

4 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

He has a young family so I'd imagine a move to Morecambe was a no go but Paisley is only half an hour along the road.

It’s a fair point, but given that he comes from Paisley, isn’t it Motherwell that’s ‘half an hour along the road’?

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

662hdz.jpg