St Mirren next permanent manager version 2022

2 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Why would Robinson want to come back to Scottish football? The Scottish Premiership, outside of the two scumbags, is no better than League One.

Didn't realise you had a chance of winning a Cup and getting into Europe from League One in Engerland.

45 minutes ago, Lex said:

I would still want to be paid more. Would anyone be happy if they found out that someone doing the same job as they are doing now was getting paid more five years ago than they are currently?. Unless we are talking a SAF that had been there for about a decade or something, and that never applies to any Scottish clubs these days. 

No doubt in my mind, Jim was probably offered improved terms to stay, though his mind was already made up.

3 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Some Morecambe fans are absolutely seething over this.

Yeah, I mean I guess some Motherwell fans looked at Robinson going to Morecambe and thought, "League One from upper reaches of the Scottish Premiership? That's a step down. It's only because of the money".

Happy enough with this given the situation we found ourselves in. No guarantee of success with any manager, but he's done fine with Motherwell before and is less of a risk than some others. 

Doubt we'll lose him to someone else ala Goodwin but as long as he can deliver a few decent finishes it will be fine. 

23 minutes ago, Lex said:

image.png.e1e540793f7db8c24c47a43950af2e2a.png

Love a scarf shot. Great business by the club, we've got in an experienced and proven manager with minimum fuss and about 72 hours after the last one left. Looks like he cost us about £150,000 grand less than we got for Goodwin too, so more money for the squad in the summer. 

These days, you can never tell if anything is photoshopped.. :lol: ..I almost didn't bother checking this until I noticed it was the official twitter!

Welcome aboard  Mr Robinson.

Edited by Ric

As long as you don't go to sell your entire squad (or let them go out of contract) each summer then he should be a great fit.

That's what killed his motherwell career and almost got us stuck in a relegation battle. We have learned from this and have offered longer term contracts as well as reducing the amount of duds being Brought in on "a chance" they are any good.

Still keep your expectations in check. He isn't suddenly going to win the league or guarante European football. Also he might sign his son again.

4 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:
18 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:
I suspect that St. Mirren will do neither.

I don't think anyone needs to be particularly great this year to finish 4th and qualify for Europe. While I hope it's Motherwell, St. Mirren must be thinking they'll never get a better chance.

We've got a great squad and are going into the final third of the season in a strong position. We absolutely may never get a better chance to finish fourth. Robinson doesn't even need to change much - just maybe some tweaks around the edges, and keep us on course.

4 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

We've got a great squad and are going into the final third of the season in a strong position. We absolutely may never get a better chance to finish fourth. Robinson doesn't even need to change much - just maybe some tweaks around the edges, and keep us on course.

The very best of luck tobyou and Robinson. He was impressive at Motherwell. Maybe he just wasn't comfortable fighting a relegation battle in League 1. After all look where le left Motherwell when he walked.

Edited by Highlandmagyar Tier 3

13 hours ago, Hendo said:

My recollection is it happened in a train station after a day out, he was arrested as he was shouting at her and she was terrified. He was charged, went to court but was found not guilty. However, you are right, the fact it went to court, together with the bullying stuff (if true) paints a picture of someone who isn't very nice. Surprised the kibble are happy with all of this.

Unfortunately with these sort of incidents mud sticks.

He was found not guilty regarding his partner (she's 18 years younger than he is, that raised my eyebrows, tbh), so that should be the end of that, but we all know (alleged) domestic abuse cases are very murky waters.

The thing about bullying young players is also a concern, but it could depend on how you define bullying.

I'm afraid these things are going to be thrown up constantly. although they don't appear to have been (much?) of a concern at Morecambe.