St Mirren next permanent manager version 2022

24 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Robbo will be a good appointment for St Mirren. With a team containing Dunne, Tait and Main he might not play the best football but the team will always be competitive.

It'll be interesting to see how he gets on in the transfer window. His plan for us (albeit I'm sure he didn't have the final say) was to sign as many obscure players as possible in the hope 1 or 2 would be good. For every Cedric Kipre and Mark Gillespie we had a Sherwin Seedorf or Christy Manzinga.

It'll also be interesting to see if Lasley goes to St Mirren. He was assistant manager under Robbo and that's still his title but with Alexander bringing Chris Lucketti it seems as though Lasley is more of an assistant to the assistant. He has a young family so I'd imagine a move to Morecambe was a no go but Paisley is only half an hour along the road.

This is something that I'd been thinking about when I was seeing the "good eye for a player" Tweets on the go earlier.

Like, he was a smashing manager for us, brought in some v.good players and made us a bunch of money but in hindsight the sheer number of players we signed was wild.

He signed different 55 players in 3.5 seasons.

Spoiler

17/18
Alex Fisher, Gael Bigirimana, Craig Tanner, Trevor Carson, Andy Rose, Russell Griffiths, Charles Dunne, Cedric Kipre, George Newell, Ellis Plummer, Rohan Ferguson, Deimantas Petravičius, Liam Grimshaw, Gennadios Xenodochof, Curtis Main, Peter Hartley (loan)/(permanent), Nadir Ciftci (loan), Tom Aldred (loan) x 2, Stephen Hendrie (loan)

Total = 19

18/19
Mark Gillespie, Liam Donnelly, Danny Johnson, Aaron Taylor-Sinclair, Alex Rodriguez-Gorrin, Christian Mbulu, Conor Sammon (loan), Ross McCormack (loan), Gboly Ariyibi (loan)

Total = 9

19/20
Declan Gallagher, Liam Polworth, Jake Carroll, Casper Sloth, Jermaine Hylton, Christopher Long, Sherwin Seedorf, Christian Ilic, Christy Manzinga, Ross MacIver, Bevis Mugabi, Tony Watt, Harry Robinson, Devante Cole (loan)/permanent, Mark O'Hara (loan/permanent), Mikael Ndjoli (loan), Rolando Aarons (loan) 

Total = 17

20/21
Ricki Lamie, Jordan White, Nathan McGinley, Scott Fox, Stephen O'Donnell, Aaron Chapman, Jordan Archer, Jake Hastie (loan), Callum Lang (loan), Robbie Crawford (loan)

Total = 10

Edited by capt_oats

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Kind of similar an appointment to Goodwin to Aberdeen, to me.

Good, solid, safe option, but not good enough where you think they'll have the club overachieving and certainly not one you'd say is worth spending 6 figures getting.

Hope St Mirren fans are all set for 38 games of 4-3-3 with Charles Dunne shelling long diagonals out the park.

4-3-3 with Dunne doing that sounds better than 3-5-2 and Dunne doing that…

4 minutes ago, Dagdagh said:

662hdz.jpg

2082684039_download(3).jpeg.d2057f15fe9c287af1026f9a2fb4b35f.jpeg

Hard too see why i used to praise Callum Davidson.

More domestic doubles in one season than St Mirren have in their history. Minter. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

Keith Jackson saying that a virtual interview is still scheduled to be happening with Scott Brown this evening but Robinson has been our number one choice since we knew Goodwin was away:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stephen-robinson-set-st-mirren-26293298?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Quote from an unnamed board member (presumably):

“Stephen was always our preferred choice. He has a history of developing young players and selling them on for big money while also achieving European football during his time at Motherwell. He is hungry, ambitious and driven and has been impressed by the vision of St Mirren’s board. The deal is not yet done but it’s at an advanced stage and the club have already told him the target is to qualify for Europe this season.”

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

That last bit is encouraging to hear and is exactly what we should be aiming for.

As for Robinson, that would be a very good appointment but I won't lie that I'm concerned about this thing with his wife. If there's any substance to that we shouldn't be going near him.

My recollection is it happened in a train station after a day out, he was arrested as he was shouting at her and she was terrified. He was charged, went to court but was found not guilty. However, you are right, the fact it went to court, together with the bullying stuff (if true) paints a picture of someone who isn't very nice. Surprised the kibble are happy with all of this.

3 minutes ago, Hendo said:

My recollection is it happened in a train station after a day out, he was arrested as he was shouting at her and she was terrified. He was charged, went to court but was found not guilty. However, you are right, the fact it went to court, together with the bullying stuff (if true) paints a picture of someone who isn't very nice. Surprised the kibble are happy with all of this.

Just read up on it - seems from reports that a statement was never given by his partner against him and the prosecution was based solely on a witness to the incident. She did go to court and said he was comforting her rather than shouting at her.

Phew, glad that's all cleared up. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to show myself round these parts after the slagging I've given Livi and Dundee fans for their lack of moral compass.

1 minute ago, Hendo said:

Just read up on it - seems from reports that a statement was never given by his partner against him and the prosecution was based solely on a witness to the incident. She did go to court and said he was comforting her rather than shouting at her.

Phew, glad that's all cleared up. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to show myself round these parts after the slagging I've given Livi and Dundee fans for their lack of moral compass.

Did you leave Clyde fans alone? 🤐

14 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Motherwell's Stephen Robinson cleared of assaulting his partner - BBC News

Maybe The Kibble listened to his wife, instead of reading the tabloids.

10 minutes ago, Hendo said:

My memory of it was that he was recognised in a pub and some folk were noising him up, may have said something to his girlfriend.  He ignored it trying to diffuse it, she had been drinking and thought that he should stand up for her, she rushed off and he chased her to calm her down.  The chase was witnessed and reported.

1 minute ago, ropy said:

My memory of it was that he was recognised in a pub and some folk were noising him up, may have said something to his girlfriend.  He ignored it trying to diffuse it, she had been drinking and thought that he should stand up for her, she rushed off and he chased her to calm her down.  The chase was witnessed and reported.

Could be. My recollection from my Well supporting mate was the altercation on North Bridge was captured in CCTV.  

Anyway I’m 100% certain Morecambe and Saints have carried out their due diligence.