St Mirren next permanent manager version 2022

8 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I’m not sure of the facts but going by some of the tweets I’m seeing, there’s major unrest behind the scenes. 

Stewart Gilmour Having a pop at Kibble on Twitter last night, has fuelled the fire.

You do wonder what impact this kind of online unrest will have on any potential new manager.

That's very heplful.

22 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

The board members who were at the club when Jack left last time are Scott, Fitzpatrick and Wardrop.

The suggestion at the time was that JR, on his holidays, was contacted by Sunderland and agreed terms without the knowledge of SMFC. 

If there really is a split in the board then my guess is it would be the 3 above who are against because they weren't happy with Jack's conduct 4 years ago. Tough one....

Wardrup is a walloper.

17 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I’m not sure of the facts but going by some of the tweets I’m seeing, there’s major unrest behind the scenes. 

Stewart Gilmour Having a pop at Kibble on Twitter last night, has fuelled the fire.

You do wonder what impact this kind of online unrest will have on any potential new manager.

The same Stewart Gilmour that installed Tommy Craig at manager?

15 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

There is a special general meeting arranged for SMISA members on the 1st March, will be interested to hear if any of the members raise their concerns about this.

I heard the last SMISA members meeting didn’t go too well, was pretty much a shouting match with the Tony Fitz getting the majority of the blame. 

3 minutes ago, McG said:

The same Stewart Gilmour that installed Tommy Craig at manager?

Would that be the same Stewart Gilmour who, along with his other board members were happy to sell the club to a consortium of Argentine businessmen who had a history of dodgy dealings at their previous club in Chile. 

There may be some discontent from supporters towards the SMISA/Kibble but conspiracy posts like that help absolutely no one. 

4 minutes ago, GAD said:

Did he not also install Alex Rae because he was pals with Chic Young? I may have made that up...

I could be wrong, but we had just emptied Murray and Chic said on the radio we should go for someone like Alex Rae.

Gilmour then went and fucking appointed Rae. Gilmour can’t comment - he had a terrible habit of going for the assistant, with only Gus working out.

23 minutes ago, TheMuzekMan said:

Would that be the same Stewart Gilmour who, along with his other board members were happy to sell the club to a consortium of Argentine businessmen who had a history of dodgy dealings at their previous club in Chile. 

There may be some discontent from supporters towards the SMISA/Kibble but conspiracy posts like that help absolutely no one. 

I hope your not referring to me as the conspiracy poster. 

I was only saying what I’d seen on Twitter. I’ve got absolutely no idea what’s going on at board level.

Just now, glenburn bud said:

I hope your not referring to me as the conspiracy poster. 

I was only saying what I’d seen on Twitter. I’ve got absolutely no idea what’s going on at board level.

I was referring to Stewart Gilmour’s tweet bud 👍🏻

25 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

I could be wrong, but we had just emptied Murray and Chic said on the radio we should go for someone like Alex Rae.

Gilmour then went and fucking appointed Rae. Gilmour can’t comment - he had a terrible habit of going for the assistant, with only Gus working out.

That was pretty much what happened. As always, there was plenty of speculation about who the new manager should be and not a single person mentioned Rae - apart from Chick Young.

I seem to recall Young and Rae played fives together. Wouldn't be at all surprised if it was Young who suggested to Gilmour he should go for Rae.

Anyway, it's always funny/rich seeing Gilmour stirring it with stuff like last night given the shambles that was the last few years of him and his pals running the club.

Hard for me to be too critical of Gilmour, after all, at least to me, he was a great servant to the club considering where the club was at times.

That said, I can totally see why he'd rub people up the wrong way, especially now he's left the club and he can be more, er.. "open" with his comments.

12 minutes ago, Ric said:

Hard for me to be too critical of Gilmour, after all, at least to me, he was a great servant to the club considering where the club was at times.

That said, I can totally see why he'd rub people up the wrong way, especially now he's left the club and he can be more, er.. "open" with his comments.

SG was a great servant to the club, no one can deny that. If it wasn’t for him, the club could have ended up in the hands of Reg Brierley. 

But in recent times, these needless tweets that he comes away with do nothing but damage the club. Someone who was a club chairman for 18 years should really know better.