St Mirren next permanent manager version 2022

27 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Only if you don't hire someone whos a grenade, tbf.

Lose on Wednesday and against Hearts and you're potentially 5 points off bottom with 10 to play. A grenade manager makes that a risk.

Or- 2 wins in our next 2 games takes us 4 points off of 3rd place. 

I know which permutation i prefer. 

30 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Only if you don't hire someone whos a grenade, tbf.

Lose on Wednesday and against Hearts and you're potentially 5 points off bottom with 10 to play. A grenade manager makes that a risk.

Wrong, again.

Maths clearly not your strong point. 

29 minutes ago, elvis said:

I just don't get where my fellow st Mirren fans think we are safe from relegation as you say a couple of defeats and we are right back in the more.

Yea but your glass is always barley a quarter empty mate. Honestly have yet to see over the years anything positive and St Mirren from you. Every week you predict Saints to lose lol. 

35 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Steven Naismith for me get him in Saints.  Ross travelling up and down from Northumberland to Easter Road shows he is wanting another English club hope we keep well away.

A bloke who failed at Sunderland & got sacked, then sacked again (you can argue the merits of that) at Hibs isn’t getting a gig in England again any time soon. 

3 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

A bloke who failed at Sunderland & got sacked, then sacked again (you can argue the merits of that) at Hibs isn’t getting a gig in England again any time soon. 

He lost 10 games in 75 at Sunderland and overall has a win rate of just under 50%. I think he's been treated pretty badly at his last 2 clubs. 

If Jack Ross is to become our new manager, it will have been some piece of business from us. Probably about 400k in and an upgrade of manager. 

14 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Yea but your glass is always barley a quarter empty mate. Honestly have yet to see over the years anything positive and St Mirren from you. Every week you predict Saints to lose lol. 

See there's where your wrong I don't predict every week .

In the last 5 games, only 1 team has gained more points than us, and they sit top of the table. Given the fact we played one of those games without a manager or Assistant manager I'm pretty happy with that form.

Not saying the unbeaten run is going to continue all that much longer - but its strange to see people act like we're doomed.

One thing all St Mirren fans can agree on is that Jim Goodwin is a handsome basturt’ of a man. Whoever we appoint therefore needs to up their game in the sartorial stakes. To decide who would make the best St Mirren manager, I searched in Google ‘Scott Brown in a suit’, ‘Steven Naismith in a suit’, and ‘Jack Ross in a suit’.

The results are in. Welcome to St Mirren Jack Ross, you had a good interview but maybe next time Naisy, and for actual fcuk sake Broony.

10F60462-7719-4B8B-9AB1-AE58D9549DED.jpeg

95C6DC42-4CFF-4003-A156-34ACE3F04E00.jpeg

201C2CF3-D014-407A-8993-1697688BB19A.jpeg

I can’t get my head around how a team sitting in our position in the Premiership is being strongly linked with two ex-Scottish internationals who have never managed a first team game in their lives, Apart from ‘they might turn out to be good’, can anyone give a solid reason why either of them deserve to manage St Mirren in the Premiership as their first job? 

Surely, surely to god, Jack Ross isn’t being overlooked for either Naismith or Brown, and I would be worried about the competence of our board members if that turns out to be the case. 

I don’t think either of them should be appointed, but appointing former international players who’ve never managed before is hardly some batshit mental idea that no one’s ever tried.
It happens at all levels of the game, with varying levels of success.
Rangers appointment of Gerrard worked out ok, Arsenal appointing Arteta not so much. Hibs did it with Maloney a few weeks ago, were their fans up in arms?
Again, I don’t think we should go down this route, but if we choose to that’s okay. We are in a position to take a gamble with safety assured and a proven and experienced squad.
I’d certainly much rather Naismith than Brown. He’s a smart fella who is very well spoken of at all his former clubs and I think he has what it takes to be a good manager.

In the last 5 games, only 1 team has gained more points than us, and they sit top of the table. Given the fact we played one of those games without a manager or Assistant manager I'm pretty happy with that form.
Not saying the unbeaten run is going to continue all that much longer - but its strange to see people act like we're doomed.
Given its Elvis there is nothing strange about it.

The unanswered question at the moment with Naismith and Brown is who they would bring in to assist. 

If they bring in another rookie then it looks very much like a major gamble, an old head then they will surely have some baggage. 

Presumably Ross would be looking at Potter and maybe Sammy, making things difficult for Jamie. 

An interesting few days ahead. 

2 minutes ago, DumbartonBud said:

The unanswered question at the moment with Naismith and Brown is who they would bring in to assist. 

If they bring in another rookie then it looks very much like a major gamble, an old head then they will surely have some baggage. 

Presumably Ross would be looking at Potter and maybe Sammy, making things difficult for Jamie

An interesting few days ahead. 

All Aberdeen salaries will be greater than ours - can't see Sammy leaving them for us.

19 minutes ago, Lex said:

I don’t think either of them should be appointed, but appointing former international players who’ve never managed before is hardly some batshit mental idea that no one’s ever tried.
It happens at all levels of the game, with varying levels of success.
Rangers appointment of Gerrard worked out ok, Arsenal appointing Arteta not so much. Hibs did it with Maloney a few weeks ago, were their fans up in arms?
Again, I don’t think we should go down this route, but if we choose to that’s okay. We are in a position to take a gamble with safety assured and a proven and experienced squad.
I’d certainly much rather Naismith than Brown. He’s a smart fella who is very well spoken of at all his former clubs and I think he has what it takes to be a good manager.

I can understand that, and I’m fully aware a club at our level won’t be taking their pick of the best out of work managers. What doesn’t sit right for me, is that at a time when St Mirren have a genuine chance of achieving their highest league placing in near 40 odd years, we are over looking a tried and tested manager at this level in Jack Ross, in favour of a couple of guys who have managed at Racecourse level. 

7 minutes ago, DumbartonBud said:

You really think an out of work retired keeper signed as emergency cover is on either a huge salary or a long contract?

Fairy Nuff!

Edited by btb

5 hours ago, Hendo said:

Is it a SMISA/ Kibble split again by any chance 🤔 

The board members who were at the club when Jack left last time are Scott, Fitzpatrick and Wardrop.

The suggestion at the time was that JR, on his holidays, was contacted by Sunderland and agreed terms without the knowledge of SMFC. 

If there really is a split in the board then my guess is it would be the 3 above who are against because they weren't happy with Jack's conduct 4 years ago. Tough one....

3 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

The board members who were at the club when Jack left last time are Scott, Fitzpatrick and Wardrop.

The suggestion at the time was that JR, on his holidays, was contacted by Sunderland and agreed terms without the knowledge of SMFC. 

If there really is a split in the board then my guess is it would be the 3 above who are against because they weren't happy with Jack's conduct 4 years ago. Tough one....

I’m not sure of the facts but going by some of the tweets I’m seeing, there’s major unrest behind the scenes. 

Stewart Gilmour Having a pop at Kibble on Twitter last night, has fuelled the fire.

You do wonder what impact this kind of online unrest will have on any potential new manager.