St Mirren next permanent manager version 2022

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Perhaps. Unexpected maybe, rather than a truly left field option.

I was thinking more of managers like Jansen or Golac.

Obviously there was the whole train of Lithuanians at Romanov's Hearts, although were they ever actually in charge?

Think we only ever had two Lithuanian managers, and one was just a caretaker. The permanent one was Valdas Ivanauskas and he was a decent manager, and a Cup winner. The other was so unbelievably shite, he should literally have been the caretaker instead of a manager: Mad Eddie Malofeev.

4 hours ago, Lex said:

Certainly not. Never rated him when he was here and not surprised he’s been sacked by the two clubs he’s been at since. Not for me.

Very strange... A manager who took us from relegation certainties to runaway champions in just over a season and a half.... Hard man to please..

Just now, Hammerheid said:

Very strange... A manager who took us from relegation certainties to runaway champions in just over a season and a half.... Hard man to please..

Relegation certainties? We were three points from safety with 28 games to go FFS :D 

Oh and we had guys like Mallan, Morgan, Shankland, Hardie, MacKenzie, Sutton etc.

4 minutes ago, Lex said:

Relegation certainties? We were three points from safety with 28 games to go FFS :D 

Oh and we had guys like Mallan, Morgan, Shankland, Hardie, MacKenzie, Sutton etc.

Behave yourself ya muppet, he inherited a total car crash from Rae, by the time he managed to change things around at the January transfer window we were lagging well behind..

2 minutes ago, Hammerheid said:

Behave yourself ya muppet, he inherited a total car crash from Rae, by the time he managed to change things around at the January transfer window we were lagging well behind..

Have a read of the squad he inherited, that was a top end championship squad minimum. The fact that we ended up going into the last game of the season with relegation to the third tier a very real possibility was an absolute disgrace tbh. Thankfully Hibs had already won the league and were on the beach and we got the point we needed. 

11 minutes ago, Lex said:

Even though I’m not completely happy with the prospect of JR returning, there’s no denying that we were an absolute shambles prior to his appointment.

Shankland was nowhere near as good as he was the season before, Hardie only managed 3 goals in 17 games, we had Langfield & Scott Gallacher to choose from in goals 💩

19E17525-564D-4287-831C-44F12708B8A1.jpeg

No offence buddies sorry you lost yer gaffer to us.

We as a club under narcissist Cormack are a mess and our demise can be traced back to when the pr@ck took over.

Good luck to Goodwin he really will need it, seems a decent bloke but i think he is badly handicapped with  an inexperienced DOF (cormack hand picked yes man) and Data Dave calling the shots.

Ah well if as i suspect he ends up sacked 18months down the line at least he will have swelled his bank account.

Bit meh about it all ,not excited in the slightest and Cormack is to blame for my apathy.

This season will be my last as a season ticket holder in any case, my son and mates also not renewing. 

Cormack has really f@cked it up big time and we have had enough of his lies.

Goodluck Jim don't burn yer bridges with Saints.

Just now, TheMuzekMan said:

Even though I’m not completely happy with the prospect of JR returning, there’s no denying that we were an absolute shambles prior to his appointment.

Shankland was nowhere near as good as he was the season before, Hardie only managed 3 goals in 17 games, we had Langfield & Scott Gallacher to choose from in goals 💩

19E17525-564D-4287-831C-44F12708B8A1.jpeg

This was the table when he was appointed:

image.png.7f2491c0669b35de8e07c58745c484d7.png

Things did get a lot worse right after he joined, as your table shows.