St Mirren next permanent manager version 2022

Looking at those in a job within Scotland at the moment, there aren’t any names that inspire me - mixture of usual suspects and unproven managers that aren’t setting the heather alight.

Timing would also likely rule out a wider search a la Kearney’s appointment - it’ll either be a short-term end-of-the-season appointment or a free agent on a longer deal.

I can’t really see past Jack Ross, unless we put faith in McManus and Langfield until the summer. Ultimately, it’s a positive to be doing well enough to lose a manager to a ‘bigger’ club, it’s a horrible time to be actively looking for one.

18 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Announce McPake.

The absolute box office would be him being a success for us. Unlikely as that may be.

I guess from Ross' position he'd be happy with a 6 month gig, just so he can be employed again and with a team that isn't battling relegation.

Not sure if anyone else would be happy with that though.

Just now, Munoz said:

The word on the street suggests differently. 

Hope so.  I like you boys and Jack Ross.   My info' is from a Hibs player who TF (I know he's leaving next month) has spoken to about it/looking to get back at St Mirren. 

We can’t take any chances with this next appointment, we’re in a much stronger position than last season to get a top six finish.

So we really shouldn’t be taking risks with a rookie appointment like Kevin Thomson.

Jack Ross seems the sensible option, possibly Paul Lambert? 

2 minutes ago, TheMuzekMan said:

We can’t take any chances with this next appointment, we’re in a much stronger position than last season to get a top six finish.

So we really shouldn’t be taking risks with a rookie appointment like Kevin Thomson.

Jack Ross seems the sensible option, possibly Paul Lambert? 

Lanbert & Norrie McWhirter would be the dream team for Saints fans of a certain vintage.