St Mirren next permanent manager version 2022

6 minutes ago, codfish said:

It makes a change seeing St Mirren managers performing well enough to do that - prior to JR, who was the last one to move on to better things?

Rae, Murray, Teale, Craig, Lennon, MacPherson, Coughlin, Hendrie, Fitzpatrick and Bone all sacked in my lifetime, JR and (I assume) Goodwin the only two who’ve taken ‘bigger’ jobs, Kearney moving back home through choice, and the ill-fated Stubbs experiment post-JR.

What a shitlist of managers we’ve had!

Haha. Yes there were some horrendous appointments in that list. Bit unfair on most of them though. Only Stubbs, Craig and Rae were totally abject and Murray was too inexperienced but point taken

2 minutes ago, codfish said:

It makes a change seeing St Mirren managers performing well enough to do that - prior to JR, who was the last one to move on to better things?

Rae, Murray, Teale, Craig, Lennon, MacPherson, Coughlin, Hendrie, Fitzpatrick and Bone all sacked in my lifetime, JR and (I assume) Goodwin the only two who’ve taken ‘bigger’ jobs, Kearney moving back home through choice, and the ill-fated Stubbs experiment post-JR.

What a shitlist of managers we’ve had!

It was basically Alex Miller from us to Hibs in the mid 80s. We've ended more managerial careers than I care to count.

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I genuinely don't think there's another candidate outwith Ross I really want us to go for.

Seen Paul Lambert mentioned but he'd be a total Hail Mary option and unless his previous ties to the club interest him, probably wouldn't be looking at us.

I'm not sure JR would take another job in Scotland . I think he'll see his only chance to get back to a decent level of management would be a lower English club with ambition , in the hope a bigger club takes a chance on him !

7 minutes ago, billyg said:

I'm not sure JR would take another job in Scotland . I think he'll see his only chance to get back to a decent level of management would be a lower English club with ambition , in the hope a bigger club takes a chance on him !

He was in the final 3 for the Aberdeen job. I'm sure he'd at least be interested in the prospect of coming back.

Am I the only one who does not want Jack Ross back at the club.

Certainly not. Never rated him when he was here and not surprised he’s been sacked by the two clubs he’s been at since. Not for me.

A shame you guys just missed out on Mark McGhee. Seemed like a shoe in if Dundee didn't move first.....

...jk

But in all seriousness, I think Jack Ross is the most likely candidate. He's been with St Mirren before and is currently free so it would be the best fit. Unless it's time for lennIN?

1 minute ago, Phillips455 said:

A shame you guys just missed out on Mark McGhee. Seemed like a shoe in if Dundee didn't move first.....

But in all seriousness, I think Jack Ross is the most likely candidate. He's been with St Mirren before and is currently free so it would be the best fit. Unless it's time for lennIN?

The Soviet leader that's been dead for almost a century - not the worst option we'll see!

Edited by btb

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Currently out of work, has contacts, off-the-radar wealth, deals very, very, well with interviews…

188FD322-D71B-4A28-ABA5-00CA747B2F32.jpeg

Nah, need someone who will put their blood, sweat and tears in to the job. 

Am I the only one who does not want Jack Ross back at the club. Before  he left he was selling himself to anyone who was interested, behind the clubs back allegedly. If that is true then we should look elsewhere. 
maybe it’s time to take a different route. Foreign coach with fresh ideas maybe?
Ross has a habit of applying for every job under the sun when it comes available.

1 minute ago, Phillips455 said:

...jk

0_8434925.jpg

3 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

...jk

Neil Lennon would feel right at home. 

SAINTS-CELTIC.jpg