EF v QP

It’s been far from good enough all season. At least when we were an amateur side, you could clearly see the players giving their all.  I can count on one hand the players in this shower I’d be looking to keep on next year. Failing to appoint a manager has cost us. Beuker (by no fault of his own) clearly doesn’t have a clue how to whip this rabble into shape.

You can peddle the ‘us more mature fans remember when we were rank years back’ line, but with a change in the club’s circumstances and how much these personnel are being paid, expectations change. 

13 hours ago, ThreeTownSpider said:

Sorry to disappoint you, im not ,but i was there

I was there as well, it was an absolute belter of an o.g. Far more spectacular than Ferrie's. Luckily it didn't matter as it was the last game of a very average season. Another memory of that day is a few fans running on the pitch at full time and Eddie Hunter chasing them off. Not quite up there with Brian Clough swinging punches, just a few "Ho! Get yersels tae f**k!" 😆

Interesting to see that Ferrie seems to be getting a bit of a pass (no pun intended) from some after his howler. Aye, he was faultless the rest of the game - having to make a good save not longer after quickly restored his confidence -  but I can only imagine the reaction on here if Willie Muir had done that. The poster who somehow managed to blame him for all four goals in the Alloa game would have been spitting froth all over his steaming keyboard    

9 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

One thing's for sure, no one I know has put a better shift in at work after getting called shite and booed.

You would expect those with a stake in your performance to give you a boot up the hole if you were half arsing it, though. 

One thing's for sure, no one I know has put a better shift in at work after getting called shite and booed.

Totally agree - and it doesn’t matter whether they get paid.
I just don’t get how fans think how it is beneficial to have a go at players because they get paid. Not from any moral standpoint but for the simple reason that it is not going to make them play better. In the case of our team, which currently has a a load of young guys in it, it will have the opposite effect
If throwing abuse at players and calling them cowards and wasters online makes you feel better - go for it. But don’t expect the players to play better.
Confidence is what these players need and they are not going to get that unless we all try to get behind them. And I know that is not always easy and I often show my frustration too. But some of the stuff I’ve been hearing recently sounds premeditated.

We all know where we have gone wrong and it’s a total failure of our management team to sign a proper number 9 ….every fan that goes to the games can see that’s what we need and that’s why it’s so frustrating that we have done nothing to solve the situation. Is everyone going to be happy if bob mchugh is back up front on Saturday and expect us to have a goal threat …I hope I am wrong but without a proper striker we will struggle and that is our problem.

13 minutes ago, bobthespider said:

We all know where we have gone wrong and it’s a total failure of our management team to sign a proper number 9 ….every fan that goes to the games can see that’s what we need and that’s why it’s so frustrating that we have done nothing to solve the situation. Is everyone going to be happy if bob mchugh is back up front on Saturday and expect us to have a goal threat …I hope I am wrong but without a proper striker we will struggle and that is our problem.

Correct. It is not the players we should be shouting at but Dempster and those who are responsible for the astonishingly poor recruitment during the transfer window.

20 minutes ago, Boris the Spider said:

Totally agree - and it doesn’t matter whether they get paid.
I just don’t get how fans think how it is beneficial to have a go at players because they get paid. Not from any moral standpoint but for the simple reason that it is not going to make them play better. In the case of our team, which currently has a a load of young guys in it, it will have the opposite effect
If throwing abuse at players and calling them cowards and wasters online makes you feel better - go for it. But don’t expect the players to play better.
Confidence is what these players need and they are not going to get that unless we all try to get behind them. And I know that is not always easy and I often show my frustration too. But some of the stuff I’ve been hearing recently sounds premeditated.

Guff. Who is giving up their Saturday to sit in the cold in Methil and thinking “You know what? I really hope we’re shite today, so that I can have a good shout.” Nobody.

Unless you’ve been at different games from me, they’ve been given backing in every single game. Not a single game I can think of where the support hasn’t tried to push them home for a winner, time after time. They’ve given us very little back. That’s were the frustration and the anger comes in. We’re giving them more than they’re giving us. They need to know it’s not good enough. If that upsets a few people, so be it.

Interesting discussion on radio today about the failure of the GB team at the Winter Olympics (except for curling), despite many millions of pounds of funding being ploughed into the alpine events and skeleton. The point was made that, if the athletes are not good enough, it doesn't matter how much you spend in funding. The same can apply in football. Maybe some of the Queen's players are simply performing as best they can. 

50 minutes ago, an86 said:

Guff. Who is giving up their Saturday to sit in the cold in Methil and thinking “You know what? I really hope we’re shite today, so that I can have a good shout.” Nobody.

Unless you’ve been at different games from me, they’ve been given backing in every single game. Not a single game I can think of where the support hasn’t tried to push them home for a winner, time after time. They’ve given us very little back. That’s were the frustration and the anger comes in. We’re giving them more than they’re giving us. They need to know it’s not good enough. If that upsets a few people, so be it.

Nonsense. There were some fans slagging off the team from the start. 

And to say the players aren't trying may fit your agenda but it is not true from what I can see. Too many similar players with little experience and no confidence - yes. 

Anyway hope Luca and co prove you wrong on Saturday

13 minutes ago, I Zingari said:

Interesting discussion on radio today about the failure of the GB team at the Winter Olympics (except for curling), despite many millions of pounds of funding being ploughed into the alpine events and skeleton. The point was made that, if the athletes are not good enough, it doesn't matter how much you spend in funding. The same can apply in football. Maybe some of the Queen's players are simply performing as best they can. 

Would say that’s demonstrably not the case. How many of these players have improved and how many have regressed? Flying at the start of the season. The ability is there.

Partially agree with what WB said on the Dempster front. The decisions made, or indeed not made, have hurt us. Ellis was a shot in the dark that wasn’t working. To sack him with no plan B simply isn’t acceptable, particularly with no communication with the fans. They simply wouldn’t get away with it at a club with a bigger fan base. Where I don’t agree is that the players should be getting off scot free because of it. They have to take responsibility for their performances. They are professional football players being paid well to do a job and they’re not currently doing it.

It’s basically rip it up and start again for next season. No connection between the players and fans, no communication between the club and fans on the big issues for long spells, no home. It’s not been an enjoyable season. 

Just now, Boris the Spider said:

Nonsense. There were some fans slagging off the team from the start. 

And to say the players aren't trying may fit your agenda but it is not true from what I can see. Too many similar players with little experience and no confidence - yes. 

Anyway hope Luca and co prove you wrong on Saturday

Piffle. There was significantly more support coming from the stand during the game than criticism imo. The end was a different story and I don’t feel it was undeserved.

We’re not going to agree on the effort front! It wouldn’t be a case of them proving me wrong. They can’t change their underperformance for good chunks of the season. It’d be a case of them getting the finger out and putting a few results together. I believe they are better than they are showing, particularly guys with clear ability, like Connell, and I hope they get the boot up the arse or wee cuddle they need from a new manager to help that happen.

The longer this drags out, the more it looks like Beuker to the end of the season, though. I like the cut of his jib, and indeed his attire, but this is not the job he’s here to do and he’s being prevented from doing it because we’re scrambling around in the dark for a coach. 

22 minutes ago, an86 said:

It’s not been an enjoyable season. 

Could have been better I grant you but I've enjoyed it on the whole. Certainly a lot better than watching it on the stream.

Depends how you approach these things I suppose. Look for the positives - if we do finish 4th (a big if I know) it will be our highest league finish since 1982 ( I think) when we finished 8th in the old First Division (18th highest league position). That was my first full season supporting QP so pardon me if I try to see the bright side.

2 minutes ago, Boris the Spider said:

Could have been better I grant you but I've enjoyed it on the whole. Certainly a lot better than watching it on the stream.

Depends how you approach these things I suppose. Look for the positives - if we do finish 4th (a big if I know) it will be our highest league finish since 1982 ( I think) when we finished 8th in the old First Division (18th highest league position). That was my first full season supporting QP so pardon me if I try to see the bright side.

Can’t compare amateur QP’s achievements with the current setup. We were in the mix for the playoffs until late in 16/17 under Gus and ended up four points off them. We overachieved that season and we’re underachieving now. Certainly enjoyed that season more than this.

A full-time squad, with the players, resources and facilities at our disposal should be comfortably be making the top four in the third tier of Scottish football. The fact that it’s even in doubt is evidence of things not going well. Promotion wasn’t a given, but the playoffs should have been if we played to our potential. 

10 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Interesting to see that Ferrie seems to be getting a bit of a pass (no pun intended) from some after his howler. Aye, he was faultless the rest of the game - having to make a good save not longer after quickly restored his confidence -  but I can only imagine the reaction on here if Willie Muir had done that. The poster who somehow managed to blame him for all four goals in the Alloa game would have been spitting froth all over his steaming keyboard

I’d need to disagree with that one tbh. I think the fans frustrations with Muir have  been in relation to performances across the board this campaign. It was getting to a point where it felt like he was never making any saves of note to keep us in games or win us games. He wasn’t making any howlers but it was getting more evident by the week that he was losing confidence. 

For me Ferrie gets a “pass” because previous performances have been terrific. Brilliant shot stopper, commanding and generally has a higher ceiling than Muir IMO. Had Muir been performing like Ferrie prior to Saturday, I have no doubts people would have the same reaction as ferrie cause we know keepers are all capable of making the odd howler.

There’s definitely no scapegoating when it comes to Muir. A very solid keeper at this level and a modern day legend at the club, achieving 2 different promotions in different era’s of the club’s history. I’d say almost 100% of genuine qp fans will have nothing but great words for Muir as a keeper but we’re now needing to progress further and for me Ferrie is the one to do so 

Edited by qpfc