EF v QP

15 hours ago, qpfc said:

Would go for this lineup 

Ferrie 

Doyle         Kilday              Fox     Robson

Reid        Brown/Connell  

Longridge               Darcy             Smith 

Mchugh 

Connell is back so he may come in for Brown as I don’t think they 2 can play together too well. I would love for them to both be dominating the game at the same time but it’s not really clicked with both. May be tempted with Connell for this game with his left foot ability. It’s a match winner. Whatever happens, please please don’t play jack Thompson 

Not much to disagree with here. I think I would pitch McBride in instead of McHugh who we know can produce nothing.

Three games against the worst team in the league (no offence) and not one win. For the first time, I think we have no chance of finishing in the top four.

EF won every high ball into their box. Every low ball into their box had no takers.

Great save from the keeper at the penalty.

EF 22 (Conner?) my new hate figure for being a wee diving shite.

Beuker sent off after the game apparently.

Get the beer out.

This team is just taking the piss now, a bunch of chancers.

Passive, lethargic and boring ………and that’s putting it kindly.

No visible desire to actually do the hard stuff and try and win the game. Content to play safe passes with no purpose, forwards who don’t attack the ball, wingers who don’t take a man on, midfielders who don’t put in a tackle…...the list goes on.

A massive boot up the arse has been needed for 6 months now 

Edited by Spider Rico

A fair result in the end. 

I don't get this QP experiment of full-time football with a part-time sized fan base. Has it ever worked before? Think Gretna. We tried a hybrid system a few years back and it was an unmitigated disaster. 

You are a wee team in a big city. You are not even a wee team in a wee town like Arbroath, who are showing what a wee team in a wee town can achieve with good organisation and a sensible part-time set up. 

Although bitterly disappointed with yet another 1-1 draw I thought we were very unlucky not to come away with all 3 points. 

After gifting them a future YouTube goal we started to play a high line and played with a good intensity which resulted in a superb finish from Liam Brown.

Great solo run by Fox resulted in a penalty and still don't know if it was a poor effort or a great save. 

East Fife were really hanging on at half time and at the restart we continued to press but when the tinkering with the team started that's when it all started to break down for me. 

Why D'Arcy? Why Doyle? 

I think the manager got it wrong today and presumably by the looks of it was not prepared to go for the win which resulted in the usual frustrating poor final 15mins.

Mental Og - missed penalty - hit woodwork. 

Hey this is QP - we'll probably give Mo a doing next week!!. 

52 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Three games against the worst team in the league (no offence) and not one win. For the first time, I think we have no chance of finishing in the top four.

EF won every high ball into their box. Every low ball into their box had no takers.

Get the beer out.

Connell is the name you are looking for but every time the ball came near him the giant you have at the back gave him a push on to the ball. Could have been a lot more free kicks and possibly a booking for persistent fouling.

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Get the beer out.

Which one is Beuker, the one who was dressed like Michael Stewart or the bald one with a booming voice, so deep you can't understand what he is saying? 

17 minutes ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Although bitterly disappointed with yet another 1-1 draw I thought we were very unlucky not to come away with all 3 points. 

After gifting them a future YouTube goal we started to play a high line and played with a good intensity which resulted in a superb finish from Liam Brown.

Great solo run by Fox resulted in a penalty and still don't know if it was a poor effort or a great save. 

East Fife were really hanging on at half time and at the restart we continued to press but when the tinkering with the team started that's when it all started to break down for me. 

Why D'Arcy? Why Doyle? 

I think the manager got it wrong today and presumably by the looks of it was not prepared to go for the win which resulted in the usual frustrating poor final 15mins.

Mental Og - missed penalty - hit woodwork. 

Hey this is QP - we'll probably give Mo a doing next week!!. 

A pretty, honest, unbiased assessment of today's game. Not one failure in black & gold today & now 4 games unbeaten. Great penalty save, Steele a rock at the back. 

3 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Which one is Beuker, the one who was dressed like Michael Stewart or the bald one with a booming voice, so deep you can't understand what he is saying? 

Maybe the bald one is Beuker cos with a name like that he must be foreign which is why you couldn’t understand what he was saying. Who the f…. Is he anyway and where did he come from?

I thought for the first 15-20 mins we were very much on top. We luckily got the lead through what was the funniest own-goal I've ever witnessed. Cracking finish for QP's equaliser, but disappointing from our POV. Nobody clearing the ball or closing players down. 

Rest of the game was all pretty much QP and I thought it would only be a matter of time before QP would go on to score a couple but thankfully not. Well done us. A very welcome point against a fairly strong team. But I have to say for a full-time outfit, QP are not really that great. 

29 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Marijn Beuker is not bald. That should be a big enough clue for you. He is our Director of Football and came to us from AZ Alkmaar where he was a well respected Development Manager. He has a tough job on his hands.

Getting very disinterested with this group of players. East Fife, for all their lack of quality, chased and fought for every ball and deserved their point. We’re so weak in challenges and have absolutely no interest attacking balls in the box. Players far too scared and putting themselves ahead of the team. Desperately need a coach to ruffle a few feathers and demand standards with a threat of getting new players in. 

Longridge has been a shadow of his former self before his injury.  Good save by EF keeper but just bury it man!! Very unlucky clipping the post late on. 

No words for Ferrie. Made a cracking save shortly after it but who knows what he was doing. Done well not to loose his head. 

Baffled at some QP fans saying we’re improving under Beuker🤦 What evidence supports that? Performances and results have been so poor.

Absolutely not a dig at him btw, he’s arrived as a Football Director and been forced into this position. He’s hardly in the door so can’t assess him fairly but to say we’re progressing is utter garbage. 

Mcbride had an opportunity to impress today but was very poor imo. Not holding the ball up well or attacking balls in the box. Can’t think of anything he done well. 

Urgh. 

The guy with the two QP flags was told he couldn't take them out the bag as they weren't flame retardant. The 500 at the game can thank the steward involved from saving them all from a painful death. Flags on fire at the football used to be a weekly occurrence and the game is better off without this lethal threat to life and limb.

Hard to take any positives from this. A number of our fans are on the team's back from the off, which is unfortunate, but we should be better off than hanging onto fourth with a full time squad.

You would have laughed off the OG if we'd won and it looked like a terrific save from the penalty rather than a poor effort, but we're screaming out for a decent centre forward. How many crosses did we put over today, high or on the deck? Hunners. Not one that I can remember was connected with.

EF defended comfortably but do look worse than anyone else near the bottom but digging in like today might well still save them.

We do need a kick up the arse as we're better than this.