Livingston v St Mirren 19/02/2022

Nup you wouldn't be able to justify picking McCarthy ahead of Dunne just now. Seems a well balanced back 4, well when Tanser plays ahead of Tait. He can't be fully fit at the moment.

I assume the red means Dunne is not available midweek. No idea how the appeal system works, if we appealed Monday would it be heard before Wed?
McCarthy is a good reserve to have either way.

49 minutes ago, East Calder Lion said:

More points chucked away.  Same storyboard from Martindale, totally in control of the game so why not make a load of changes and reduce our goal threat.  Same every game.

Kind of illustrates what I’ve been saying all week in the aftermath of the Goodwin to Aberdeen, and goodness knows who to St Mirren events…. There’s nothing, nothing much at all, between every current Scottish top flight club, outwith the ugly sisters. The Scottish media will be wanking themselves into a frenzy that following 2012, normal service has been resumed. Looking at how far removed they are from the rest of us now, that’s it forever. A two-team top league, and the rest.

Now, ignoring the two kunts, and concentrating on us diddies… I’ve been wasting my breath trying to tell Aberdeen fans that their ‘3rd biggest budget’ means fcuk-all. There’s a 1-1 between them and Motherwell, a 1-1 between Livvy and Saints, a ‘struggling’ St Johnstone beating Scotland’s ‘3rd best team’. Sounds like you are pissed off with Martindale today. Next week he could be the hero. We’re still on a decent run, but it could turn on a couple of poor results, and the appointment of a diddy as new manager.

We can all beat each other, and it looks like the majority of us could finish anywhere from 3rd to 2nd bottom just as easily. Try telling that to Aberdeen fans this week though.

6 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

That was a shocker from Dunne, he intentionally tries to swing his elbow into Soto’s face and succeeds. He did the same to Anderson earlier and should’ve been off.

If that’s overturned then the game’s gone 

Saw the replay several times and that will be overturned pronto. It was nowhere near an elbow throw. As for Soto going down like he got smacked by Tyson Fury…..C**t. He was playing on the fact Anderson had been falling down more more times than a drunk all game.

No foul given for Anderson falling over, more dramatics.

Watch the highlights, Livvy  got away with the kick on Henderson at the edge of the box. 
Easy for me , I had the benefit of several replays for all the incidents presided over by that utter 🤡 Collum.

26 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

That was a shocker from Dunne, he intentionally tries to swing his elbow into Soto’s face and succeeds. He did the same to Anderson earlier and should’ve been off.

Collum asked me to tell you the cheque is in the post.. ;)

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

I actually thought Dunne was our stand out performer until the red.

He's definitely been our most improved this season. I thought in first few months he was going to be a dud.

Completely agree, the guy is deceptively quick and reads the game so well 

Hopefully the red card gets overturned and the big man is back in the starting XI on Wednesday night. 

You knew as Collum was walking over to Dunne, giving himself some thinking time,  there was only one thing on his mind. Red card. The Livi player rolling about on the ground helped sway him I’m sure, see Obileye also. Didn’t play well but can’t really have been expected after the past couple days. 

Nouble gave Tait a hard time in the second half, bringing Tanser on helped us a lot. It seemed a strange sub at the time but Jones wasn’t really in the game at all. Masterclass by Langfield. 

Edit: would agree on Dunne he has really made that position his own. Thought he was brilliant. 

Edited by buddie06smfc

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

I actually thought Dunne was our stand out performer until the red.

He's definitely been our most improved this season. I thought in first few months he was going to be a dud.

Anything that causes him to have to turn and be running towards our own box still causes him an issue imo. He’s been excellent this past couple of months though, strong in the tackle and able to match anyone in the physical side of the game. Is keeping McCarthy out the team on merit. 

39 minutes ago, Lex said:

I assume the red means Dunne is not available midweek. No idea how the appeal system works, if we appealed Monday would it be heard before Wed?
McCarthy is a good reserve to have either way.

An appeal would be heard on Thursday and he would be free to play on the Wednesday.  

Yep, I was in a rush though, At my age I need to hurry for a piss when required……😬

I ‘ve given Saints players stick for that shit, can’t stand it, and all Refs do bugger all to stop it.

Endemic throughout football now unfortunately.

Willie Collum today….🤬🤡

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

The only deliberate elbow in the game was Nouble on Tait.

Even that only merited a yellow in that fucking clown Collum's eyes.

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

GIF by Steve Harvey TV

2 points dropped today, we looked comfortable for the entire 2nd half other than the goal. Needless corner to give away from Forrest, and his air shot. He's won us enough points recently that he can be forgiven but it was a pretty shocking 60s on his part.

Plenty of positives though. Nouble looks class out on the wing. Fitzwater at this point is a better defender than Guthrie was when he left and some of our attacking play looked pretty good. Soto looked solid in his 20 minute cameo, a couple of really nice touches. Boyes looked comfortable in defence when he came on, and Penrice has reached a higher quality of performance than I expected from him.

Was never a sending off though, that'll be recinded. And it's frustrating watching Nouble get booked every week just for being a bigger guy. And it was comical watching Alnwick get a free kick for running into his own man

3 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Was never a sending off though, that'll be recinded.
And it's frustrating watching Nouble get booked every week just for being a bigger guy.

And it was comical watching Alnwick get a free kick for running into his own man

Totally agree on all three.

The booking big guys thing is something Main gets as well, apparently physical players can’t be fouled but they get penalised for very little.

A right hard earned point in a tough physical game at the end of a week of turmoil. All the more welcome when we didn't play well, were generally out muscled, went behind then had a man sent off. No doubting the spirit is good as many teams of old would have folded today. Wednesday will probably decide if this is a serious push for top 6 and Europe. Got to win for that imo. That said anyone who thinks this squad could still be dragged into a relegation scrap is basically Elvis on mogadon - it's simply not happening.

37 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

2 points dropped today, we looked comfortable for the entire 2nd half other than the goal. Needless corner to give away from Forrest, and his air shot. He's won us enough points recently that he can be forgiven but it was a pretty shocking 60s on his part.

Plenty of positives though. Nouble looks class out on the wing. Fitzwater at this point is a better defender than Guthrie was when he left and some of our attacking play looked pretty good. Soto looked solid in his 20 minute cameo, a couple of really nice touches. Boyes looked comfortable in defence when he came on, and Penrice has reached a higher quality of performance than I expected from him.

Was never a sending off though, that'll be recinded. And it's frustrating watching Nouble get booked every week just for being a bigger guy. And it was comical watching Alnwick get a free kick for running into his own man

Like others, you obviously missed Shinnie (?) pushing Tanser into Alnwick.

It's about the one decision Collum got correct today.