Longest serving managers at WoSFL clubs

Who are the longest serving managers at WoSFL clubs ?

I know Tommy Sloan at Auchinleck has been something like 20 years, and Willie Harvey at Rutherglen Glencairn is coming towards the end of his 12th season.

Who else is worthy of a mention ?

16 minutes ago, glensmad said:
21 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:
Billy Adams at the Shire must be up there with the longest serving I'd imagine.

Is Billy's service continuous or did he have a break ? Perhaps I'm mixing him up with someone else.

I think they went into abeyance halfway through one season a while back - dunno if you want to count that as a break, as I suppose it technically is!

I think they went into abeyance halfway through one season a while back - dunno if you want to count that as a break, as I suppose it technically is!
No, I wouldn't say so, if Billy remained the manager through that period and has had continuous service then he certainly merits a mention. Does anybody know how long exactly ?

13 hours ago, glensmad said:
13 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

No, I wouldn't say so, if Billy remained the manager through that period and has had continuous service then he certainly merits a mention. Does anybody know how long exactly ?

I remember speaking to Billy at Keppoch Park during a U16/17? game in which his local Possil YM was involved, and him remarking that he wouldn't mind signing the boy with the ginger hair playing up front for the opposing side for his Perthshire team.The boy was Stephen Pearson who will be 40 later this year,so Billy has been there for at least 23 years,and likely longer.

1 hour ago, tommyboy said:

I remember speaking to Billy at Keppoch Park during a U16/17? game in which his local Possil YM was involved, and him remarking that he wouldn't mind signing the boy with the ginger hair playing up front for the opposing side for his Perthshire team.The boy was Stephen Pearson who will be 40 later this year,so Billy has been there for at least 23 years,and likely longer.

I was thinking it must be well over 20 years - I started watching this level of football around 2000 and I don't remember them having any other manager!

19 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

Wasnt half way, they took the gate money from the Clydebank fans in the sectional one season and went into abeyance something like two days after. 

12 hours ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

If i mind right the committee sacked him, he refused to go and ended up back in charge 

That's my recollection too. It was either after a promotion or after he'd kept us up after a promotion. I'm sure most of the committee resigned shortly afterwards. 

1 hour ago, funky monkey said:

That's my recollection too. It was either after a promotion or after he'd kept us up after a promotion. I'm sure most of the committee resigned shortly afterwards. 

That's what it was, yes. I knew he'd left and come back, but in reality he didn't really leave as the committee changed instead.

2 hours ago, glensmad said:

That's what it was, yes. I knew he'd left and come back, but in reality he didn't really leave as the committee changed instead.

Dunno why glens,but reading your second sentence somehow made me wonder what happened to The Great Soprendo.

😕