St Johnstone v Heart of Midlothian

Hearts 😂 worst St Johnstone side in a decade and they still can't win in Perth. I do feel sorry for Hearts fans though, Neilson tries so hard to suffocate games he ends up strangling his own players. 90 minutes of balls to John Souttar and hoofs up the channels for Ginnelly to chase when you have Barrie McKay. Mental.

We look like a different side from before the break. That right hand side is now decided. Cleary, Sang and Hallberg every time if fit. Ali Crawford looks a better player too, still question marks over him tracking runners but he's adding to the attack so it's maybe a fair trade off.

Second goal hilarious. Cochrane checks about 3 times, sees there's 2 players behind him, one unmarked. Does nothing to resolve that, ball watches and loses his man, then has a huge rant at the linesman. Fanny.

Parish gives me the fear.

Just now, The Saintee said:

Huge three points. 

Could this be a bit of a turning point? 

Felt like a game thar earns everyone their starting spot, so we've maybe now discovered our regular starting line up. Think Sang in particular has really staked his claim

Think Sang in particular has really staked his claim

He was really really good against some tough opponents and offered a lot in an attacking sense. Also think Gallacher stepped up - has some work to do in a defensive sense but outweighed by his offensive contribution, big difference today having wing backs who were always available and up for having a go at Hearts’ defense. Won’t go through the whole team but I was pleased with every member of the starting eleven’s performance today, Crawford earned his place and McCart has really improved since Kelty.

But have to say Hallberg is looking like an outstanding signing. He is miles above everything else we have in the middle.

Obviously a big win but have to say the last half hour wasn’t good at all and we’ll need to find a way to hold onto the ball and not completely retreat into our shell when holding on to a lead. We were lucky Hearts were pish tbh.

2 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

He was really really good against some tough opponents and offered a lot in an attacking sense. Also think Gallacher stepped up - has some work to do in a defensive sense but outweighed by his offensive contribution, big difference today having wing backs who were always available and up for having a go at Hearts’ defense. Won’t go through the whole team but I was pleased with every member of the starting eleven’s performance today, Crawford earned his place and McCart has really improved since Kelty.

But have to say Hallberg is looking like an outstanding signing. He is miles above everything else we have in the middle.

Obviously a big win but have to say the last half hour wasn’t good at all and we’ll need to find a way to hold onto the ball and not completely retreat into our shell when holding on to a lead. We were lucky Hearts were pish tbh.

We were also lucky that Hearts weren't given what looked like a goal. Eventually a big call went our way. 

5 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

He was really really good against some tough opponents and offered a lot in an attacking sense. Also think Gallacher stepped up - has some work to do in a defensive sense but outweighed by his offensive contribution, big difference today having wing backs who were always available and up for having a go at Hearts’ defense. 

You can see where Davidson and the HOR want the team to go, I think. Cleary, Sang, Gallacher, Hallberg all 6ft+, athletic, comfortable on the ball.

Long term I think it'll work out well for us, even if we just can't do enough this season to stay up.