St Johnstone v Heart of Midlothian

So, when we account for the 12 injured players, what's the expected lineup?

Parish

Cleary   Gordon   McCart   

Brown                                          Gallacher

Butterfield       Davidson

Crawford

May        Middleton

This could be our last game in Perth for a good while and, looking at St Johnstone's form and injury list, we might never have had a better chance to pick up 3 points. 10 years and 4 days after our last competitive win at McDiarmid, surely now is the time to put an end to that horrific record.

Spoiler

St Johnstone 1 Hearts 0

19 hours ago, Sainthearted said:

So, when we account for the 12 injured players, what's the expected lineup?

Parish

Cleary   Gordon   McCart   

Brown                                          Gallacher

Butterfield       Davidson

Crawford

May        Middleton

So back to the 2021 team? Minus Zander.

If Callum starts with that we know he really is useless. But excellent at spunking cash up the dressing room walls.

2 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

There is absolutely nothing more certain than the fact we will, despite overwhelming odds, find a way to make a James Hunt of this game.

I agree with this, but we've been pretty shite recently and can't score goals so it probably won't be that much of a shock.

No Halliday in the front three please.

If the game is on (which, if you want a prediction, I reckon it probably will be [fears for this storm seem to be being revised downwards and more towards Friday]) this is what I’d go with here from the few players we have left.

Parish
Cleary Mahon McCart
Sang Booth

Butterfield Gilmour
Crawford

Bair Middleton

A sad looking team but not sure we could do much better. At the back Gordon needs a game on the bench (make Butterfield or Booth the in-game captain, or Davidson if he plays) as he’s been the poorest of the back 3 for a while and I think Mahon looks a good fit for the middle CB. I would prefer Gilmour to Davidson as more mobile and a better footballer but can see the arguments for Davidson and suspect Callum will go with Muzz (he doesn’t seem to particularly trust Gilmour since the Kelty game? He’s not been great but hasn’t been bad either since he came back.) I don’t think we have a viable alternative to starting Crawford in this shape at the minute even though he’s not in good form.

I like the idea of the little and large Bair and Middleton partnership. If Middleton is on the left he should sit wide and try to beat his man to get balls in for Bair. Sang over Brown on the other side so we have a realistic option sitting high up the pitch who can get crosses in. We will need to be primitive and solid here.

That’s what I would do: I suspect the manager will start Gordon, Brown, Davidson and May however.

I can't see Hearts losing two in a row to the bottom two sides, tbh. 

Both managers will probably be delighted with a draw so it's a 1-1 for me.

1 hour ago, Zamora Fan said:

If the game is on (which, if you want a prediction, I reckon it probably will be [fears for this storm seem to be being revised downwards and more towards Friday]) this is what I’d go with here from the few players we have left.

Parish
Cleary Mahon McCart
Sang Booth

Butterfield Gilmour
Crawford

Bair Middleton

A sad looking team but not sure we could do much better. At the back Gordon needs a game on the bench (make Butterfield or Booth the in-game captain, or Davidson if he plays) as he’s been the poorest of the back 3 for a while and I think Mahon looks a good fit for the middle CB. I would prefer Gilmour to Davidson as more mobile and a better footballer but can see the arguments for Davidson and suspect Callum will go with Muzz (he doesn’t seem to particularly trust Gilmour since the Kelty game? He’s not been great but hasn’t been bad either since he came back.) I don’t think we have a viable alternative to starting Crawford in this shape at the minute even though he’s not in good form.

I like the idea of the little and large Bair and Middleton partnership. If Middleton is on the left he should sit wide and try to beat his man to get balls in for Bair. Sang over Brown on the other side so we have a realistic option sitting high up the pitch who can get crosses in. We will need to be primitive and solid here.

That’s what I would do: I suspect the manager will start Gordon, Brown, Davidson and May however.

Pretty sure Booth's injured and think the returning players are Nadir and MOH. I have no doubt Brown will start as will Gordon and Crawford. Doesn't look like there's enough of that important Davidson trust yet for Bair. 

I think we'll see something like;

Parish

Brown  Cleary Gordon McCart Gallacher

Davidson         Butterfield

Crawford    May   Middleton          

Hoping that he will risk Ciftci though, we have to get time out him, and he was very good at Tynecastle.  

Our bench will be horrendous. 

On 16/02/2022 at 09:54, mizfit said:

d1af8047648b30012ee86297b527a56e.jpg

A more ruthless manager would be making a lot of noise about the amount of poor decisions and create some sort of siege mentality. Would put pressure on the ref fir this game, but CD isn't built that way.

I think a decent result given the injuries etc would be a draw. Would likely lift us off the bottom for now. A win coupled with a county loss would put some pressure on County for next weekend.