St Johnstone v Heart of Midlothian

You can see where Davidson and the HOR want the team to go, I think. Cleary, Sang, Gallacher, Hallberg all 6ft+, athletic, comfortable on the ball.
Long term I think it'll work out well for us, even if we just can't do enough this season to stay up.

Good point about the athleticism. Add in Bair and we will be the tallest team in either the championship or the bottom six next year.

I caught myself during the game thinking we will start next season in a decent place squad wise if we stay up.

4 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

Good point about the athleticism. Add in Bair and we will be the tallest team in either the championship or the bottom six next year.

I caught myself during the game thinking we will start next season in a decent place squad wise if we stay up.

Yeah they made a point of looking to get big athletic players in January who could answer questions in the long term aswell as short term.

I suspect it'll be a little while longer before some realise quite how good a window it was.

FWIW I'm still not sold on Bair as one who'll be having a huge impact this season. Long term though his sheer size and pace means he's got huge potential.

Edited by RandomGuy.

What a relief. Better team for the first hour and maybe deserve that bit of luck we got the last 10-15 minutes. Turning point was losing Hallberg who was fantastic again. Keeping him fit is absolutely critical to our chances of staying up. Having him and Davidson doing the ugly stuff meant that Crawfords off the ball failings aren't keenly as felt and allows him to play almost as a third striker.

Gallacher and, in particular, Sang were impressive at wing back. Sang looked really good all round and dealt well with GMS defensively too. Gallacher isn't totally convincing defensively but adds much more going forward - seems an age since we've seen one of wing backs regularly go past their opposite numbers. Two forwards didn't have many openings but gave everything.

Parish gives me palpitations. Sort of keeper who looks troubled whenever has more than a split second to think about things.

First half looked the most organised we've been but lost that a bit last 20 minutes. Didn't think the any of the subs added much. Much more promising but a long way to go.

That was a big win. I think every player stepped up and played their part. Though Hallberg was immense and was miles ahead of everyone else in midfield. Though Sang get better as the game went on. Hanging in a bit at the end, but in a way even that might give the team extra confidence going forward.

On Hearts, to me it looks like they are lacking some real purpose to their play. A bit of decent build up and then not much beyond that. How Souter has ended up getting a deal with Rangers is beyond me, bang average most times we come up against him.

Clearly Saints had been working in set pieces re the 2nd goal, but criminal defending by hearts for it. 

6 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Na, nowhere near the full ball over the line, parish throwing it against Ciftci and maybe the ball hitting his arm was more of a shout though.

Good, I thought Parish clawed it back from behind the line, not that it really matters other than it's something that might have been given against us considering our luck with refs lately. Another poor one today but the linesman on the main stand side missed some clear offsides too. 

Thought the team were excellent today and isn't that only one loss since the Kelty disgrace? 

Like RG still not sure about Bair but we've not had much to judge him on. To me he looks slow in the first yard or so but that might just be his sheer size. 

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

What a fantastic, battling 3 points. 

I really think Crawford deserves a special mention - his turnaround in performances is class and you can see he’s benefiting from a run of games. He’s never going to do all of the defensive donkeywork but his overall workrate has been brilliant recently and his game intelligence to find spaces to create and score is first class.

Not everyone is going to like every player but I think some humble pie is needed. Every chance he ends up top scorer this season. 

brilliant to a man today and onwards to next week. 

Absolutely class atmosphere! 

E27740D6-D63D-4636-97D2-34E85F855C5F.jpeg

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

You can see where Davidson and the HOR want the team to go, I think. Cleary, Sang, Gallacher, Hallberg all 6ft+, athletic, comfortable on the ball.

Long term I think it'll work out well for us, even if we just can't do enough this season to stay up.

We will stay up.Theres too much quality there for us not too!

2 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

We will stay up.Theres too much quality there for us not too!

Think St. Johnstone will stay up as well, great win for ya's. Just hope Dundee stay bottom and other teams fall into the relegation battle, want more than 3 teams in this fight.

57 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

"big, athletic players" just screams eye bleed, btw. 

Depends on your age, probably. Nobody wants giant clowns bumbling about the park just winning headers, I think so far we've seen more than that from most. Hallberg especially. 6ft+ so can handle the physical stuff, but also great on the ball. Sang looks like he might be similar.

That the ones you want.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Tbh I think he is.

Good to know your judgement of players is as bad as it appears. Sinclair will be our number 1 next year (unless zander stays) he is a far better keeper in all aspects. Parrish fills me with fear every time he plays