St Johnstone v Heart of Midlothian

16 minutes ago, johnoswald2712 said:

Watching the game back on Sportscene last night, surprised nothing was said about the handball when Souttar practically caught the ball. Didn’t see it at the game yesterday as we sit nearer the Ormond stand but looked nailed on to me. Only good thing was it didn’t come back to haunt us

Was up with the FCU and it was glaringly obvious - was actually surprised by the lack of appealing by the player, though I might be misremembering. 

Place was electric yesterday, clear to see the impact that had on the players. Could probably single out each and every one of them, just for their sheer desire alone. On that showing we’ve got enough about us to stay up, but early days yet

Edited by PSJ.84

15 hours ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Really enjoyed everything about that saints performance today. Exactly what we need to see week in week out from here until the end of the season.

Pretty surprised at how poor Hearts were. Thought they were pretty good when they last played in Perth especially the 2md half, but they were miles off that level today.

Shout out to the group of Hearts fans who mocked my disabled daughter on the way out the ground ( because she had the audacity to wave her Brogan the Beagle soft toy towards them)

A disappointing way to end an enjoyable match. 

That’s well out of fucking order. Sorry to hear that. Hope it didn’t ruin her day. We absolutely have our share of those types, I’m afraid. 

Edited by Kyle Reese

Place was electric yesterday, clear to see the impact that had on the players. Could probably single out each and every one of them, just for their sheer desire alone. On that showing we’ve got enough about us to stay up, but won’t be early days yet

I think the FCU Have been a breath of fresh air anyway. I sit near there bit, it’s like chalk and cheese compared to previous seasons.

Others might laugh at them but they’re getting an atmosphere and I reckon it helped pull them over the line in the end.

3 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I think the FCU Have been a breath of fresh air anyway. I sit near there bit, it’s like chalk and cheese compared to previous seasons.

Others might laugh at them but they’re getting an atmosphere and I reckon it helped pull them over the line in the end.

Fully agree. Was quite refreshing to hear other parts of the East Stand starting chants and the video Matty Gallagher put up is great. 

With regards folk laughing, I can’t understand it. Just young lads having a day out supporting their team and enjoying it, as cringey as it sounds, you can’t envy that 

17 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

That’s well out of fucking order. Sorry to hear that. Hope it didn’t ruin her day. We absolutely have our share of those types, I’m afraid. 

Cheers - something we are used too unfortunately (it's a society wide issue).

Thankfully she is oblivious to it (just wish I was as not sure how much longer I will be able to keep a lid on my reactions)

Just now, perthsaint1977 said:

Cheers - something we are used too unfortunately (it's a society wide issue).

Thankfully she is oblivious to it (just wish I was as not sure how much longer I will be able to keep a lid on my reactions)

Mixture of cringing like f**k and anger when I read that. Glad she never realised. Arseholes.

Watched the highlights back and while we were shite, we made more than enough chances to get something from that game. The finishing was absolutely abysmal from nearly every chance though. Even Souttar’s header that Parrish saved was right down his throat.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well aye but I was just comparing it to previous supports. Even relegated sides/Leveins last match there was something. Yesterday it was just dead apart from some half hearted chants about relegation. 

About 3 corners in a row in that second half and they all caused issues and there was barely a peep, it was surreal.

It was pish yesterday tbh, but I think the early goal against us puts the fans on a downer and we needed the players to do something to spark a reaction and it never came.

18 hours ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Really enjoyed everything about that saints performance today. Exactly what we need to see week in week out from here until the end of the season.

Pretty surprised at how poor Hearts were. Thought they were pretty good when they last played in Perth especially the 2md half, but they were miles off that level today.

Shout out to the group of Hearts fans who mocked my disabled daughter on the way out the ground ( because she had the audacity to wave her Brogan the Beagle soft toy towards them)

Fucking hell, the mind boggles with some people. Fucking dicks.

Hope your daughter enjoyed her day.

3 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

Fully agree. Was quite refreshing to hear other parts of the East Stand starting chants and the video Matty Gallagher put up is great. 

With regards folk laughing, I can’t understand it. Just young lads having a day out supporting their team and enjoying it, as cringey as it sounds, you can’t envy that 

Got a link to the video?

20 hours ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Sorry that happened to you and your daughter.

The fans that did that are arseholes - f**k them.

Confidence such a big factor in football and for a depleted squad, it was shattered around Xmas, for various reasons.

Giving the squad such a refresh seems to have had the desired effect. It's been a slow process to restore some belief and we still look vulnerable/nervous at times but each positive result erodes a bit more of the gloom. 

I think there was a consensus that the need for legs in midfield was as vital as anything and Hallberg was certainly worth waiting for on the evidence so far. Vital that we keep him fit and available. Really like him so far.

As important as the new signings have been, the existing players recovering their form was always going to be required as well and virtually all of those that were coming under most scrutiny a couple of months ago are back in the groove.

Still not really looking at the table but instead focusing on that 36-38 points area as a minimum target and seeing where it leaves us. It was going to require 1.3 or 1.4 points/game after the defeat at Hearts. We are picking up 1.5 points/game at moment, so they have reached that standard. If we can keep that up, we'll be close to 40 points, which will certainly ask questions of Dundee (0.83 ppg since break) and especially Ross County (1.28 ppg since break).