St Johnstone v Heart of Midlothian

Most complete we have looked all season. Sang and Davidson the stand outs for me, although special mention to Middleton who looks like he wants to be there and put the work in.

Gallagher played well although looked better second half when he’s on the touch line side. 

Im not sure what to make of Cleary sometimes looks a good defender who loves to step out. Sometimes looks like Efe at his worst

10 minutes ago, NYD1997 said:

Good to know your judgement of players is as bad as it appears. Sinclair will be our number 1 next year (unless zander stays) he is a far better keeper in all aspects. Parrish fills me with fear every time he plays

I've seen Ross playing football since the days of him and his brother at Scone Thistle. I'd love for him to succeed, I truly would, especially as Parish is absolutely shite. I just can't see it being next season or even the season after.

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

I've seen Ross playing football since the days of him and his brother at Scone Thistle. I'd love for him to succeed, I truly would, especially as Parish is absolutely shite. I just can't see it being next season or even the season after.

His hands and positional has always been outstanding. Until recently the biggest worry for me about him was he wasn’t filling out and was more lanky than big. But after speaking to him at Kelty you can tell he’s been on the weights and doing the right stuff in the gym. He will be a top goalie and the next one to make us money

I guess with Sinclair it'll be all about how he copes with regular senior football, I think he only has 8 senior games to his name and he turns 21 in May. Clark had over 40 at the same stage and in the next one was a regular in the Championship. I'd guess that'll be the next step for him, maybe even with us if we go down I guess.

I've absolutely no idea what quality he has. Don't think I've ever seen him play and I'm shite at judging keepers anyway.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I guess with Sinclair it'll be all about how he copes with regular senior football, I think he only has 8 senior games to his name and he turns 21 in May. Clark had over 40 at the same stage and in the next one was a regular in the Championship. I'd guess that'll be the next step for him, maybe even with us if we go down I guess.

I've absolutely no idea what quality he has. Don't think I've ever seen him play and I'm shite at judging keepers anyway.

The big difference between the 2 circumstances is when zander was breaking through we had enckleman and mannus and most teams only carried 2 goalies. Now most teams have 3 in the first team pool

Other thing I would say about today - I was really disappointed in hearts. Especially how bad they were defensively (most noticeable at corners) for a team their size they seemed to look lost defending a cross

8 minutes ago, NYD1997 said:

The big difference between the 2 circumstances is when zander was breaking through we had enckleman and mannus and most teams only carried 2 goalies. Now most teams have 3 in the first team pool

I'm just a big advocate of players playing games. Like I think you have to have played over or approaching 50 senior games by 21 to be in with a chance of a properly good career. Probably have to have most of them in the top 2 tiers in Scotland if you want to at least be a top flight player. There will be exceptional players that doesn't apply too, but its a general rule I've sort of convinced myself of.

I know keepers careers are longer so they can start later, but so much happens in a game that you simply can't prepare for, and the lows are so much more common during matches than training, that I think they need to learn that before they can step in effectively otherwise they'll struggle and find themselves down the Jack Hamilton loop of confidence loss/mistake/confidence loss.

Really enjoyed everything about that saints performance today. Exactly what we need to see week in week out from here until the end of the season.

Pretty surprised at how poor Hearts were. Thought they were pretty good when they last played in Perth especially the 2md half, but they were miles off that level today.

Shout out to the group of Hearts fans who mocked my disabled daughter on the way out the ground ( because she had the audacity to wave her Brogan the Beagle soft toy towards them)

A disappointing way to end an enjoyable match. 

Really enjoyed everything about that saints performance today. Exactly what we need to see week in week out from here until the end of the season.
Pretty surprised at how poor Hearts were. Thought they were pretty good when they last played in Perth especially the 2md half, but they were miles off that level today.
Shout out to the group of Hearts fans who mocked my disabled daughter on the way out the ground ( because she had the audacity to wave her Brogan the Beagle soft toy towards them)
One for the Fans League of Vermin I suspect.

That was the worst Hearts support I can remember. 

Before the game they seemed determined to start bother. During the game they just sat silent, even when they had like 4 corners in a row and going close there was just no reaction, it was weird. Then after the match they all seemed determined to gloat about us getting relegated, with one guy deciding to chant it on his own through the car park. Achieved nothing other than making everyone think hes a moron tbh.

Even after the goal they barely mustered a song. No idea if they'd just accepted defeat because it was McDiarmid, or Neilson has killed their soul, or both.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

That was the worst Hearts support I can remember. 

Before the game they seemed determined to start bother. During the game they just sat silent, even when they had like 4 corners in a row and going close there was just no reaction, it was weird. Then after the match they all seemed determined to gloat about us getting relegated, with one guy deciding to chant it on his own through the car park. Achieved nothing other than making everyone think hes a moron tbh.

Even after the goal they barely mustered a song. No idea if they'd just accepted defeat because it was McDiarmid, or Neilson has killed their soul, or both.

We lost a goal after 50 seconds, defended like clowns and looked slow and ponderous going forward. What exactly are you wanting us to make noise about?

2 hours ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Sorry to hear that about your daughter. Scumbags.

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

We're not going down. 

12 hours ago, The Marly said:

A massive GIRFUY to all the Muzz haters who say the man is finished.  He was phenomenal. 

Aye, I thought he was great today. A few stray passes but otherwise it was a turning-back-the-clock all-action Muzz performance. Between him and Hallberg we actually had a midfield!

There was a moment in the second half where Sang chased down an attacking Hearts player, nicked the ball, got his body between the player and ball and set off the other way. Such a clean, purposeful, challenge.

Great atmosphere too, I’ve been of the thought that the fans are behind the team when there’s some fight shown and yesterday proved it. Most I’ve enjoyed being at a game in some time.

Watching the game back on Sportscene last night, surprised nothing was said about the handball when Souttar practically caught the ball. Didn’t see it at the game yesterday as we sit nearer the Ormond stand but looked nailed on to me. Only good thing was it didn’t come back to haunt us

11 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

We lost a goal after 50 seconds, defended like clowns and looked slow and ponderous going forward. What exactly are you wanting us to make noise about?

Well aye but I was just comparing it to previous supports. Even relegated sides/Leveins last match there was something. Yesterday it was just dead apart from some half hearted chants about relegation. 

About 3 corners in a row in that second half and they all caused issues and there was barely a peep, it was surreal.