St Johnstone v Heart of Midlothian

7 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

If Booth is out it’s a pretty big game for Tony G, who has us all (maybe slightly unfairly) convinced he’s shite after two games. He’ll be up against McKay too won’t he?

Really hope he steps up and takes a game (If selected) what i have seen of him hasnt inspired me so far, Hopefully he has a man of the match performance and proves me wrong.

Probably Ginnelly on the right for them, McKay will be floating between out RWB and RCB, so the midfield need to cut the pass out to him. Think Davidson would be best at that?

Yes maybe Davidson if we’re playing 3 CMs, but I think we’d lose too much in the passing game if it’s just two in there. Hallberg could perhaps play a more disciplined role where he’s basically told to chase McKay around the pitch?

I don’t think this is a game for Crawford at all. People would hate him a lot less if he was used correctly - I.e in games where we get more of the ball and are looking for someone to feed the strikers or create something from nothing with a long range shot etc. Here we’ll need to sit behind the ball and counter quickly, dithering on the ball will not be possible.

1 hour ago, Zamora Fan said:

I don’t think this is a game for Crawford at all. People would hate him a lot less if he was used correctly - I.e in games where we get more of the ball and are looking for someone to feed the strikers or create something from nothing with a long range shot etc. Here we’ll need to sit behind the ball and counter quickly, dithering on the ball will not be possible.

I think Crawford is better in a counter attacking team. He’s quite direct and on the rare occasion we break on teams he’s always one who is up with play and in the box.

I think it’s when we have possession and have to pass around teams he’s really wasteful in possession. 

1 minute ago, paranoid android said:

No Gordon.

Saints should shoot at every opportunity.

Excuses in early. 

Same, tbh.

Parish is a nightmare, he can play well, make no mistakes, yet still concede. He's cursed.

I think Crawford is better in a counter attacking team. He’s quite direct and on the rare occasion we break on teams he’s always one who is up with play and in the box.
I think it’s when we have possession and have to pass around teams he’s really wasteful in possession. 

I see your point, but think play tends to break down when he gets the ball in our counters as he isn’t one for driving at players and he’s quite wasteful, whereas in theory against teams who sit in he has a decent touch and can find pockets of space to pick out a man or have a shot (first half v St Mirren, Kelty etc). Think you’re right about his habit for being up with play and around the box but not sure we can afford to carry him out of possession in games like these, whereas we maybe can against other bottom six sides.