Hibs v Ross County, Sat 19th Feb

It was a great result the last match we played against Hibs, was a very important win with Spittal getting the goal and Hungbo impressive. (24/11). Hibs had just outplayed Rangers, reaching league cup final. Tiredness was a factor to be fair for them.

Yet that defeat in Dingwall made it 5 league defeats in a row for soon to be Aberdeen manager, Jack Ross. 2 weeks later, Ross got fired.

I've hopes County can get some sort of result here, don't rate this Hibs team much, especially since Boyle gone.

Wouldn't be terribly disappointed with a draw, do think County win possible. If Charles Cook, Hungbo, Spittal who looks keen, think we have a goal or two in us for sure! Don't think our defence is much worse than Hibs either. Keep it tight, and Hibs fans will start turning on their team.

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

A win puts us a point behind Hibs.

We will need to be a hell of a lot better than we were against Livi.

I think you will win this. can see Hungbo and Charles Cook causing their big lumps at the back a few problems.

This is a game that really could define our season.

Win and top 6/Europe chase is back on.

Lose or Draw and the seasons over unless we do something in the cup.

Before the Arbroath game this had 1-1 written allover it in my mind, however the performance was without doubt the best we’ve seen under Maloney (assuming you don’t count the match against Covid Ravaged Dundee Utd Colts).

Would like to see Mueller back in from the start instead of Jasper but other than that keep the same team (unless you want to drop that big useless p***k in goals because that would be nice) and hopefully we get to see Melkersen at some point too.

Its nice having a little bit of renewed hope from a decent showing so it would be nicer if this renewed hope continues on Saturday, I wouldn’t bank on it but as I say it would be nice.

The miserable b*****d in me says 1-1, the optimistic naive child says 3-1.

On 16/02/2022 at 06:51, Rcfc fan said:

Unreal how much we haven’t missed Harry Clarke , when he left I was absolutely gutted but he hasn’t actually been missed at all

I think a lot of credit has to go to Connor Randall, he's playing regularly at either LB or RB and really looked a far superior player than he'd ever had before.

The player who I'm most worried about lately is Vokins. I think we'd be more solid at the back with Randall on the left side and Ramsay on the right.

2 hours ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

I think a lot of credit has to go to Connor Randall, he's playing regularly at either LB or RB and really looked a far superior player than he'd ever had before.

The player who I'm most worried about lately is Vokins. I think we'd be more solid at the back with Randall on the left side and Ramsay on the right.

I agree, I do feel that a few players get too comfortable and Randall has looked very good of late. I also (controversially) include Hungbo  in that. So much hype after that goal and he's not consistently performed in games since. If you watch him he spends a lot of time just walking about and rarely tracks back. He's been found out by defenders and  is now best used as an impact sub. Hopefully Josh Sims is fit and good to go.

A draw probably a good result for us but as always I hope and expect more:) 

County seem to score loads, so we’ll definitely concede, but have also let in the most goals in the league. I have little faith in this current Hibs side to be honest. We have been a total shambles at Easter Road in a couple of our recent games. 

3 hours ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

This sums up how different fans see things. I think Randall has been better, but I'd far rather have Vokins in the side than him. 

43 minutes ago, Comrie said:

This sums up how different fans see things. I think Randall has been better, but I'd far rather have Vokins in the side than him. 

I'm also of the Vokins on the left > Randall persuasion.

I think Ramsay will be an upgrade on Rnadall (who has been decent btw) if given game time.

On 16/02/2022 at 13:12, Les Cabbage said:

This is a game that really could define our season.

Win and top 6/Europe chase is back on.

Lose or Draw and the seasons over unless we do something in the cup.

Before the Arbroath game this had 1-1 written allover it in my mind, however the performance was without doubt the best we’ve seen under Maloney (assuming you don’t count the match against Covid Ravaged Dundee Utd Colts).

Would like to see Mueller back in from the start instead of Jasper but other than that keep the same team (unless you want to drop that big useless p***k in goals because that would be nice) and hopefully we get to see Melkersen at some point too.

Its nice having a little bit of renewed hope from a decent showing so it would be nicer if this renewed hope continues on Saturday, I wouldn’t bank on it but as I say it would be nice.

The miserable b*****d in me says 1-1, the optimistic naive child says 3-1.

That big useless p***k that stopped Arbroath going in front 3 times at start of second half?

Normally this would be the type of match where I'd be delighted if County took a point. Hibs appeared to have turned a corner against Arbroath and I do think Maloney will get them to go on a winning run, sooner or later. Reckon he will turn out a good manager if Hibs fans give him time to build a team and develop a system. Hibs will finish top 6 I reckon, which considering change of manager is no disaster. They are looking good with a cup run, great chance of semi final as well, should beat Motherwell. Don't get the over panic their fans having, early days yet in Maloney's reign. 

For teams like Hibs, Aberdeen, St. Mirren, Motherwell,  they all will be safe, despite fan pressure if they go on a losing run, it's an easy league for them this season. Great chance to bring in youth players, try them out etc. 

While Dundee will lose on Sunday at home to Celtic, can see St. Johnstone getting point or even a win against Hearts who look totally off form. Long way to go in the relegation battle, but a clever, smash and grab away win for County here would be such a huge result. Possibly biggest win of season if happened. Can't see it though, and sure will be willing Hearts on against St. Johnstone. Last thing we need is for St. Johnstone to start winning run. Things could get closer in coming weeks, far from safe yet. Difficult match this for sure.

Laidlaw

Ramsay Baldwin (if fit) Iacovitti Vokins

Tillson Spittal

RCC Callachan Hungbo

White

This is the side I’d personally go for. Laidlaw made some big saves v Livi so he speaks for himself. Think Baldwin and Iacovitti are our two best centre backs so hopefully Baldwin is fit. I think Ramsay is a better defender than Clarke was but not as good going forward - still think he’s better than Randall who has certainly improved. As for midfield two, Hibs will have lots of the ball so Tillson definitely needed for the legs and I think the deep lying playmaker role will suit Spittal in this game as he’s probably the only player we have that can play that link role. Callachan has impressed me in recent weeks. Always gives 100% and has popped up with a few goals so his press is needed too. Hungbo, in my opinion, has been miles off his pre Christmas levels ever since the return and the wee break over the last week or so may have done him good. Seen a lot of Hibs recently and Chris Cadden has really impressed me whenever I’ve seen him so it’s a big shift for Hungbo on Saturday.

Think there’ll be goals in the game. We always carry a threat on the break but we will make a customary mistake that’ll lead to a goal.