Motherwell FC v Aberdeen FC Sat 19th Feb

:lol: thats sensational from Gallagher. Still getting bullied from KvV even when he had one working arm.

Even though JG is just in the door, you could see a little difference in Aberdeen. McCrorie looks miles better in the middle of the park. Made a big difference in there, and was really impressed with Barron again. 

I've been critical of him in the past, but though Mark O'Hara was excellent again. Great performance and topped off with a goal. I'll definitely give Efford a bit of time to settle in, but you can see the improvement in us when Woolery came on. 

A draw was probably a fair result in the end but Shields should have buried that late chance. 

5 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Mad how much better Aberdeen were swapping a "winning mentality" for a midfielder that can move.

Aye and Lewis Ferguson looked like he gave a shit today. A dirty fucker but at least he bothered to show up this week.

Frustrating that we didn't get the 3 points today. Bad error from Bevis at their goal but we had enough today to score a couple more. If KvV had scored on half time it would have been some bounce.

I thought it was a decent game tbh. Obviously Aberdeen fans will be disappointed they shat the bed every time they tried to go forward in the second half.

I’m disappointed that we didn’t win that. Shields had to make the keeper work near the end and both the Motherwell and Aberdeen commentators said we should have had a penalty for handball although it wasn’t the best replay.

That could be KVV’s season over. 20 weeks no contact sports for a broken collarbone.

Positives I suppose are the Barron looks like a fantastic prospect, and it was nice to be reminded of just how good McCrorie is in midfield. I'd be tempted to stick Brown at centre back with Bates against Utd.

Gallagher, what more needs to be said. Absolutely embarassing and cost us 3 points.

Not so keen on Goodwin trying to turn us into a long ball team. Hopefully that was only a tactic to try and negate Motherwell's setup. Didn't work though, we need to continue with the possession based game and Goodwin needs to find a way to make that style score more goals.

53 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

Really? Even allowing for your own side bias in each direction it was pretty clear Motherwell dominated the vast majority of the game.

O’hara our best player. Having KVV run about for 70 mins with one side of his body not working though shows our lack of depth at centre forward which is a worry. 

Barron was good for Aberdeen. Dec Gallagher is fucking hopeless though…which is fun. 

I didn't realise Dave McCormack was a well statistician in his spare time...

14 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Positives I suppose are the Barron looks like a fantastic prospect, and it was nice to be reminded of just how good McCrorie is in midfield. I'd be tempted to stick Brown at centre back with Bates against Utd.

Gallagher, what more needs to be said. Absolutely embarassing and cost us 3 points.

Not so keen on Goodwin trying to turn us into a long ball team. Hopefully that was only a tactic to try and negate Motherwell's setup. Didn't work though, we need to continue with the possession based game and Goodwin needs to find a way to make that style score more goals.

I don't think either of those 2 things will happen. Just my opinion.

7 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I appreciate he scored the winner last week but Shields isn't going to do for me. He's a decent option if we want to stretch teams but I'd have Tierney, Woolery or Roberts ahead of him everytime.

Aye I'm the same. Plenty of effort but runs down blind alleys and haven't seen any real quality from him at all yet. Give wee Tierney a go, f**k it. Woolery as impact sub. 

2 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

Our assistant manager is saying Hayes should have been sent off for his tackle on O’Hara. Just looked like a 50/50 to me.

Need to see it again, but my immediate thought was that either of them could've had a card of either colour. 

Genuinely amazed KVV's foul wasn't called in the equaliser, thought it was a stick on. Weird refereeing throughout the game tbh.

3 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

Our assistant manager is saying Hayes should have been sent off for his tackle on O’Hara. Just looked like a 50/50 to me.

It was a bad challenge but studs weren't showing I don't think and wasn't too high up on O'hara. Yellow for me, Clive.

13 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

McCrorie makes us harder to play through in midfield, and there were a couple of times in the first half where his sweeping helped to bail out a couple of his teammates - one time in particular where Bates made a hash of a clearing header under no pressure and McCrorie was straight on it.

I would need some convincing about him in midfield in a possession-based team, though (which I think is one of the reasons, for better or worse, that Glass preferred to use him in defence). 

Just now, thisGRAEME said:

Need to see it again, but my immediate thought was that either of them could've had a card of either colour. 

Genuinely amazed KVV's foul wasn't called in the equaliser, thought it was a stick on. Weird refereeing throughout the game tbh.

Even O'Hara's finish felt very "I know the whistle will go so I'll just tap it home under no pressure" to me. I was out my seat quicker for Lewis' ricochet off  Van Veen than for the actual equaliser.

Just now, thisGRAEME said:

After he booked Donnelly he let McCrorie away with the same thing, which would have been a red. Then seconds later Carroll ploughs into an Aberdeen player and the ref decided that having shat the red card he wasn't going to give Jake a stick on yellow.

Let Ferguson away with about 10 fouls before finally booking him for dissent. Wasn't the best day for the ref. Need to see our penalty shout again. Folk around me saying it was clearly a handball.