Motherwell FC v Aberdeen FC Sat 19th Feb

20 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Nah, VAR can do one. It's a bag of shite.

A lot of weird emoji replies in this thread too. Always find that the trademark of a nonce.

"Must be a paedo if you use emoji's" is a strange argument, but crack on pal.

Edited by Merkland Red

14 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Refs everywhere are shite, it's mythical ours are any worse.

It really isn’t 

55 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Every match thread turning into one big bitch about refereeing decisions is becoming really, really boring to be honest. 

Agreed,

To sum up yesterday, it was two piss poor teams.

The old expression “it was like two baldies fighting over a comb” was never more apt. 

9 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

It really isn’t 

Agreed,

To sum up yesterday, it was two piss poor teams.

The old expression “it was like two baldies fighting over a comb” was never more apt. 

Agreed. If we accept that the disallowed goal is inconclusive then there wasn’t really anything too contentious yesterday. Mugabe is lucky he doesn’t make contact with Hayes in the second half as I think that’s a 2nd yellow if he does. 

The match was determined by poor quality throughout though. And let’s be honest, we showed up determined not to be bullied by Motherwell again and it’s maybe unsurprising that we were horrendous to watch but yielded a point. 

I don’t think it’s a sign of things to come from Goodwin necessarily, just needs must given the circumstances. 

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Agreed. If we accept that the disallowed goal is inconclusive then there wasn’t really anything too contentious yesterday. Mugabe is lucky he doesn’t make contact with Hayes in the second half as I think that’s a 2nd yellow if he does. 

The match was determined by poor quality throughout though. And let’s be honest, we showed up determined not to be bullied by Motherwell again and it’s maybe unsurprising that we were horrendous to watch but yielded a point. 

I don’t think it’s a sign of things to come from Goodwin necessarily, just needs must given the circumstances. 

Not sure if you watched his interview on redtv? Had 15mins on the phone with the team the night before and then 15mins at the hotel before the game. All he really said was to make sure they battle with Motherwell.

The team didn't train on Friday either. No chance to implement anything yet.

6 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Not sure if you watched his interview on redtv? Had 15mins on the phone with the team the night before and then 15mins at the hotel before the game. All he really said was to make sure they battle with Motherwell.

No haven’t heard it but certainly makes sense with what we saw yesterday. 

1 hour ago, well_said said:

Because that was the last time that your team were better than everyone else in the league , but yet you still think that your team are better than every other team in the league.

Who said anything about being better than "everyone else in the league". I certainly didnt.

Finishing minimum top 4 for nearly a decade would suggest we are more often better than most of the league no? 

You jumping from that fact to 'they think theyll win the league cause of the 80s' type insinuations is thick at best

25 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I think the attitude to not get bullied again was certainly there yesterday, In my opinion Goodwin is good at knowing how to set a team up against different opposition. Although as you say he did not have time to implement anything of note.

1 hour ago, Yorky said:

Goodwin has history of saying daft things

Yep, talks shite. Last season he was moaning about St Mirrens game not being postponed because all his keepers had covid. Clearly totally oblivious to the long established rule that clubs - to avoid postponing games - are expected to make emergency loans if all your keepers are injured or ill. 

45 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

When you look at some of the recent double-headers, McInnes obviously made the decision after cup defeats that the team wouldn't be bullied. Aberdeen then sneaked the league game but the games were brutal to watch. Not much different yesterday other than it ended a draw.

Agreed on the disallowed goal being inconclusive. It was so tight that I don't think you can really criticise the officials too much (other than team bias) in these situations considering we struggle to tell using still photos.

Edited by Archie McSquackle

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Agreed about the potential second yellow, I thought it an unwise challenge 

6 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Somehow, Motherwell and St Johnstone have this habit of dragging Aberdeen down their levels. Our passing yesterday was probably the worst I’ve seen from us this season, and as @SlipperyP said earlier the amount of times that one of our players had the opportunity to take a high ball down and play it, and either headed it up the park to no one, or humped it up on the volley, was ridiculous.

In which parallel universe have Aberdeen been playing free flowing, exciting, expansive, tiki-taka football for the past 18 months? You need to accept you didn't buy particularly well and many players are underperforming. Just take ownership for that than blame your woes on everyone else.

The game for me had promise, that lasted for the first 10 minutes of pretty much end to end stuff but then it turned into a midfield dirge highlighting what's wrong in our game, unforced errors, multiple weak fouling, unpunished dangerous/cynical fouling and bad control all contributed to a scrappy, stop/start affair.

The main difference from last week was familiarity from both teams of the opposition and their "capabilities" and Aberdeen determined not to be on the back foot to the same degree which they achieved. Second half was marked by the Dons protecting their lead, switching from a high press to containment to no doubt reserve energy levels. Motherwell were by far the better team in the second and KVV even at 80% still gives you boys the yipps.

Talking of parallel universes, would have been interesting to seen how it panned out if Sheilds was moved to the centre and Roberts/Woolery introduced when KVV done his shoulder or if he really is just the nemesis to your guys.

Even Hearts are turning to shite now too so everyone is pretty much pish again, from now till May it really is the shitefest bowl for everyone from 3rd to 10th

38 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

In which parallel universe have Aberdeen been playing free flowing, exciting, expansive, tiki-taka football for the past 18 months? You need to accept you didn't buy particularly well and many players are underperforming. Just take ownership for that than blame your woes on everyone else.

I think you may have read my post in a parallel universe, if that’s your take on it.

35 minutes ago, dysartrovers said:

Just seen the goals from this. Where were the Aberdeen fans sitting?

They were put in the top tier of the away stand as they couldn't be trusted not to try and attack their own players at the full time whistle again.