Motherwell FC v Aberdeen FC Sat 19th Feb

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

Is it now one win in 8 games for Aberdeen v Motherwell ? Sure I heard that somewhere…

Maybe next time. Law of averages and all that. 

Somehow, Motherwell and St Johnstone have this habit of dragging Aberdeen down their levels. Our passing yesterday was probably the worst I’ve seen from us this season, and as @SlipperyP said earlier the amount of times that one of our players had the opportunity to take a high ball down and play it, and either headed it up the park to no one, or humped it up on the volley, was ridiculous.

28 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Somehow, Motherwell and St Johnstone have this habit of dragging Aberdeen down their levels. Our passing yesterday was probably the worst I’ve seen from us this season, and as @SlipperyP said earlier the amount of times that one of our players had the opportunity to take a high ball down and play it, and either headed it up the park to no one, or humped it up on the volley, was ridiculous.

What level is this you speak about? We left the nineteen eighties more than forty years ago.

33 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Not particularly sure I understand the logic in a team above you in the league, that knocked you out of the cup, managing to drag you down.

41 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Screenshot 2022-02-20 10.40.00.png

I'm not really getting this. Sportscene highlights didn't show his position when the ball was kicked but they had somehow got hold of a clip taken from the moon which thy seemed to think conclusively shows he's onside. If anything, it looks to me as though Ramirez's shoulder is slightly further forward. The only thing this proves is the decision was marginal. The linesman had an impossible task and it would have needed VAR to clear it up. It's certainly not comparable with Efford's from the previous week.

I heard Goodwin's radio interview after the game and he's not changed. Claiming he had seen he was clearly onside and saying he had been told that Aberdeen had been on the receiving end of a few of these decisions (conveniently ignoring the one that went in their favour the previous week).

6 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Took this in as a neutral yesterday. 

Terrible game. Two teams with zero composure on the ball, just blind hoofs up the pitch most of the game.  There was at least 10 occasions that the ball was dropping to someone with nobody within 20 yards of them and they just wellied it as hard as they could back up the park.  I've seen better standard in the Championship.

Motherwell were the better team throughout the game, just look like they wanted it more.  Can't believe a player with one arm lasted the full game and was causing problems every time he got it..  He should have been smashed by either centre halves as soon as they knew he had a problem.  

Lot of work for both teams if they want to finish in the top 6.

Difficult for either team to play football on that pitch. Looks like the groundstaff played a blinder even getting it to that stage.

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Difficult for either team to play football on that pitch. Looks like the groundstaff played a blinder even getting it to that stage.

Very true.

If you had seen the amount of water on it on the Thursday/Friday you would have given it no chance of being on

47 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Except he absolutely wasn't.

Screen Shot 2022-02-13 at 10.02.53.png

This is sadly an example of bias overriding rationality. I find it quite funny at times when supporters claim offside when sitting behind one of the goals. Going to a game as a supporter of neither club can be quite entertaining, some of the claims are laughable.

16 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I'm not really getting this. Sportscene highlights didn't show his position when the ball was kicked but they had somehow got hold of a clip taken from the moon which thy seemed to think conclusively shows he's onside. If anything, it looks to me as though Ramirez's shoulder is slightly further forward. The only thing this proves is the decision was marginal. The linesman had an impossible task and it would have needed VAR to clear it up. It's certainly not comparable with Efford's from the previous week.

I heard Goodwin's radio interview after the game and he's not changed. Claiming he had seen he was clearly onside and saying he had been told that Aberdeen had been on the receiving end of a few of these decisions (conveniently ignoring the one that went in their favour the previous week).

Goodwin has history of saying daft things, remember him wanting action taken against players that dived while totally ignoring his own players after a couple of blatant ones against us. His managerial record is excellent but he needs to think before he speaks at times.