Motherwell FC v Aberdeen FC Sat 19th Feb

1 hour ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

Maybe a foul on Gallagher? Either way KVV bullied him again. 

Amazed no one has body checked him on these side of his shoulder yet. 

Kris Boyd would have been all over that

2 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

I thought so as well. It was a shocker.

It was so bad that it probably wasn’t even a foul. Not sure how Mugabi stayed on after his deliberate handball, and Mugabi can thank Jonny Hayes for being honest and staying on his feet to save him from a definite second yellow. Maybe if Motherwell players had followed Jonny’s example we would have had a much better game.

57 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I presume that Van Veen will get a medal for playing the entire match with one arm. He is such a brave wee sodger and made sure that everyone knew it. Even managed to commit the foul which allowed Motherwell to score their goal.

He’s humble 

41 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

After he booked Donnelly he let McCrorie away with the same thing, which would have been a red. Then seconds later Carroll ploughs into an Aberdeen player and the ref decided that having shat the red card he wasn't going to give Jake a stick on yellow.

Let Ferguson away with about 10 fouls before finally booking him for dissent. Wasn't the best day for the ref. Need to see our penalty shout again. Folk around me saying it was clearly a handball.

I thought that Donnelly had been fouled but he got the yellow, I was a fair distance from it

47 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

McCrorie makes us harder to play through in midfield, and there were a couple of times in the first half where his sweeping helped to bail out a couple of his teammates - one time in particular where Bates made a hash of a clearing header under no pressure and McCrorie was straight on it.

I would need some convincing about him in midfield in a possession-based team, though (which I think is one of the reasons, for better or worse, that Glass preferred to use him in defence). 

McCrorie is never in a million years good enough on the ball for midfield, unless he is the sole defensive midfielder and then others are all attack minded and quality on the ball, with loads of movement. Unfortunate we have nobody like that currently. 

Declan Gallagher is a bully victim and KvV is the bully. You love to see it. 

Aberdeen fans giving it the ‘we should have been 2-0 up.’ If the first goal counted the series of events that lead to your second wouldn’t have occurred, it’s a basic concept football fans are thick as mince on. Didn’t really get a good view on the tackle but seen a few neutral sources say Aberdeen should’ve been down to ten. 

Not a classic match by any means I’ll take draw but we need to start being more clinical with our chances. 

A lot of respect for Goodwin going to the dugout right away when he could have sat with directors etc. I like to see managers get stuck in and he’s a decent character in our game and I think he’ll do a good job with the Dons given a bit of time. 

Edited by Ill Ray

I haven’t seen the Hayes incident back but those around me were looking for a red for him.

As for Goodwin, he is a likeable chap, I hope he has the character to take on the Aberdeen job, I didn’t originally see him as a candidate.

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

If anybody was wondering what type of game this was who didn't see it, we apparently recorded a 'pass accuracy' of 46%, which surely must be our lowest of the season. Motherwell admittedly not much higher at 53%. 

Yep Data dave will tell you stats don't lie .

That was two highland league teams pretending to be Motherwell and Aberdeen.

41 minutes ago, ropy said:

I haven’t seen the Hayes incident back but those around me were looking for a red for him.

As for Goodwin, he is a likeable chap, I hope he has the character to take on the Aberdeen job, I didn’t originally see him as a candidate.

I’ve seen it now, it’s naughty but maybe a yellow, of course he wasn’t spoken to.  Mugabi literally slapped his wrist so I hope he takes a telling.

6 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Two poor teams with limited ability. 
The fact that either team are serious contenders for 4th is a sad indictment on just shite the SPFL is. 

The referee matched the standard of football. Weak & inept. 

Jim Goodwin has a lot of work on his hands in the summer. 

Finally someone who gets it instead of arguing pointlessly about incidents during said shitfest.