Motherwell vs Hibernian - Scottish Cup Quarter Final

Aunties, Baws, Uncles.
Is anyone playing with a full squad right now?
We have about 9 first team players out and thats before Mugabi did a number on Doig.
I meant 11 v 11, rather than anything to do with squad depth. Following on from my point about Mugabi having sold the jerseys.

3 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Its not all bad, you can still look forward to seeing us get pumped in the semi final.

It very much depends who you’re playing. Play Hearts and I want Hibs to win. Play Rangers and I want Hibs to win. Play Celtic and I want Hibs to win. Play United...and I’m not sure.

I 100% got the logic in not playing Tierney in the Aberdeen games (for example), he'd have been eaten alive given he's so small and the type of games they were. However, if that match today wasn't the one to give the boy a run out sitting in the hole behind 2 strikers, then I duno what is.

I'd mayyyyybe at a push make an allowance for any game plan going out the window with the sending off, however the idea of us actually having a game plan is hilarious in itself, and I'd be very much surprised if Tierney would have been a part of it even if there was. Today would have been perfect for him to get on the ball and play a bit.

Also, only bringing Woolery on with 10 minutes to go, when he's been our best player in the last 3 games (not saying much) and pace/power could have gotten some joy out the Hibs backline, is absolute on-brand Alexander nonsense.

The Motherwell Tombola lineups are really doing my tits in.

52 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Aunties, Baws, Uncles.

Is anyone playing with a full squad right now?

We have about 9 first team players out and thats before Mugabi did a number on Doig.

There’s a slight difference between having players missing through injury, and playing over 90 minutes with 10 men.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

There’s a slight difference between having players missing through injury, and playing over 90 minutes with 10 men.

Sure, but even with 11 men on the park, Motherwell have failed to beat us 3 times already this season so the point was a wee bit daft. Anyway, in the hat for the next round. Hopefully joined by the Arabs. 

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Sure, but even with 11 men on the park, Motherwell have failed to beat us 3 times already this season so the point was a wee bit daft. Anyway, in the hat for the next round. Hopefully joined by the Arabs. 

Past performance is no guarantee of present or future performance.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

It very much depends who you’re playing. Play Hearts and I want Hibs to win. Play Rangers and I want Hibs to win. Play Celtic and I want Hibs to win. Play United...and I’m not sure.

Cute, supporting the wee underdog. 😊

Fir Park is nice, the broad stairs and big seats were decent, as was the lax security as I got some booze in. Motherwell fans good before/during/after.

Good first half, terrible second.

I reckon Motherwell can  be proud of the fire in the belly that gave us a game in the second half, that or we're totally shite. 

Chris Mueller needs to do something otherwise Ron Gordon will have to sack his own son. 

Regardless:

Happy Well Done GIF

16 hours ago, kingjoey said:

You don’t think that Motherwell can challenge for Europe by finishing fifth? Good, we’ll have it instead then.

It would require us to win a game of football to get 5th, so probably not.

As for the game, I thought we got what we deserved, which was nothing.  Madness from Mugabi, and it left us up the shit creek after a minute.  Agree with the previous poster who said Collum shat it from giving Roberts a red as well. It was basically the same tackle.  

Melkerson looked good, and his second finish in particular was sublime.  Albeit, he had a day and a half to put it away as Ojala was towing a caravan on his run back.  Not convinced by him at all.  Would get rid.

I've said plenty on GA on the 'Well thread but the tombola line-ups are just utterly baffling.  Even with the starting XI yesterday, what the f**k was the plan going into that?  Get him out, Sharon!

I did hear Liam MacLeod refer to the two most recent Scottish Cup wins for both sides, and saying the '91 final was the best final ever.  Obviously as a 'Well fan I'd agree, and I thought no other final would get close, but 2016 had just about everything.  Without doubt, the two greatest Scottish Cup finals of my lifetime, possibly ever.  All aboard Hibs scudding Rangers in the Final again this year, for the lolz. 

On 13/03/2022 at 15:59, Fraser Fyvie said:

Absolute minter. Crying about our players reaction to deflect from the fact it was a clear red.

I was more surprised at the Motherwell supporters reaction. Watching Sportscene and there are a few in the crowd applauding/ cheering that ridiculous challenge!

On 13/03/2022 at 15:59, Fraser Fyvie said:

Absolute minter. Crying about our players reaction to deflect from the fact it was a clear red.

As a ‘Well fan, I find that a rid neck too. I would understand his reaction there if I felt that would be something he’d condemn his own players for, but I’d wager he’d encourage them.

Plenty of failings at his own door before the referee and Hibs players’ supposed influence on him.