Motherwell vs Hibernian - Scottish Cup Quarter Final

19 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Hibs better in the first half, Motherwell the second. Not much between the teams over the 90 minutes. 2 good goals from Melkerson.

The universal truth that Collum is a terrible referee holds for another game. That he is considered our "top" official is a sad indictment of Scottish officials.

My favourite decision: having watched Macey not be able to take goal kicks for at least half an hour, Porteous take them all, he books Macey for time wasting for not taking a goal kick in injury time. emoji1751.png

No wonder Macey was raging with him.

Macey was lucky he was still on the park, imo

1 minute ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Is it just me, or do Hibs love a Scottish Cup semi? 

Can't be arsed checking, but they must have played a fair amount this century. 

11 in the last 20 years.

Our conversion rate is utter dogshit though.......................

2 hours ago, AJF said:

I don’t know why folk are taking issue with the Hibs players reaction to the challenges. I want my team to do that every time there is a decision to make. It’s fucking smart.

In fairness your team don't usually need to put pressure on the ref to give them decisions

1 hour ago, WeeMentalDavie said:

Anyone arguing that the Mugabi tackle isn't a red because it's the first minute should be banned from all grounds in Scotland, a completely backwards mentality.

It's not as bad as the argument some of the pundits had when Ryan Christie got sent off against Livi. It was along the lines of it's not a red because he's not a dirty player 

53 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

I see Porteous is still getting away with his fake injury towards the end of games.

You have to wonder how thick our referees are.

Thanks for your input on a very good quarters.

v9MDYw.gif

12 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Ooft. Theres being blinkered then there’s this nonsense.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to that...his interviews don't make any more sense than anything else he does.

We made heavy weather of that. Collum had a nightmare and bottled the Roberts sending off. Probably made for a better game but that's not his job. Some of his decision making was unfathomable. Heard some of Kenny Miller's commentary asking if you can send 2 players off in six minutes? How the f**k does he get a gig as a co commentator. Also said the first red was 'a horrendous decision'.

Gutted we didn't win that, but Mugabi absolutely sold the jerseys. Hibs are soft as shite at the back and I'd have fancied our chances with a full team. Definite red for Mugabi, no question about it. Annoying thing is there's no need to make that challenge. He's on the half way line.

Thought Alexander left the subs far too late again.

The boy who scored for Hibs looks quality. Hopefully he's back on the bench for the run up to the split. [emoji23]

Pleased with that.

Definite red card, don’t know what folk are complaining about really, hopefully the injury to Doig isn’t too bad same with Hendo. Thought Melkersen and Jasper were fantastic first half. Drey Wright had a decent game also, surprised to see he actually has some pace. Second half we started playing like our most recent league performances – patient and boring. 

Graham Alexander :lol:

1 hour ago, Zing. said:

Ooft. Theres being blinkered then there’s this nonsense.

Fucking hell, I used to think Alexander was ok but that is full on Arsene "I didnt see the tackle" Wenger territory there.

Fanny.

56 minutes ago, fat_tony said:

Gutted we didn't win that, but Mugabi absolutely sold the jerseys. Hibs are soft as shite at the back and I'd have fancied our chances with a full team. Definite red for Mugabi, no question about it. Annoying thing is there's no need to make that challenge. He's on the half way line.

Thought Alexander left the subs far too late again.

The boy who scored for Hibs looks quality. Hopefully he's back on the bench for the run up to the split. emoji23.png

Aunties, Baws, Uncles.

Is anyone playing with a full squad right now?

We have about 9 first team players out and thats before Mugabi did a number on Doig.

1 hour ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Absolute minter. Crying about our players reaction to deflect from the fact it was a clear red.

Someone on R.S. alleged Ryan was more interested in celebrating the red card being awarded than seeing how Doing was !

2 hours ago, Vanquinho. said:

Motherwell turned it round and credit to them for that. Made Maloney shite it by bringing on a CB for a midfielder.

True apart from we only started with one CB to begin with !

Two CBs cannot be too many

Edited by Ewan8472