Motherwell vs Hibernian - Scottish Cup Quarter Final

50 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I can’t remember the last time we scored first in a game.

Kelly
Mugabi Sol Ojala Carroll
Shaw Slattery
Woolery Tierney Roberts
KVV

Shite kick off time and probably another shite game. 2-1 Motherwell.

I can guarantee you that the tombola will not pick the 3 that I have scored out. Who knows who will be in the starting squad.

I predict another 0-1 defeat on Sunday.

Mugabi for SODs. Lamie to retain left back as he did ok yesterday and was one of our better players.

Would have OHara, Slattery and Shaw in midfield. Never going to happen as Donnelly will start. 

Same central defence and front 3. 

Hibs have struggled to score goals lately. But they needn’t worry. One of our defenders will set one up for you or give a needless penalty away or score an own goal. One of the 3 inevitably..

Yesterday was horrible, but the 3 very worst of a very, very bad lot were SOD, Donnelly and Goss. Surely Mugabi comes back into defence, and after improving us instantly during their brief cameos Slattery and Tierney deserve to finally get back in the middle, although Shaw would be a good option too.

Alexander needs to hire a JCB to remove the massive chip from his shoulder that is stubbornly preventing him from making the changes that 4000 other folk can see every single fucking week need to be made. And, if things aren't going to plan during the game, making subs before the 75th minute is generally a decent idea.

No hope that will happen though. 1-2 defeat incoming, followed by a miserable trudge through to the end of a truly honking season.

Bought tickets last weekend thinking it’ll be a good trip because you can get non-Scotrail trains between Edinburgh and Motherwell and they don’t have the absolutely mental drinking ban in place.

However when I’ve gone to check there are not only none running on Sunday but there are also no Scotrail ones you can get without having to all the way into glasgow to come back.

Some laugh the country we live in.

21 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

Kelly
Mugabi Sol Ojala Carroll
Shaw Slattery
Woolery Tierney Roberts
KVV

Boxing Day I believe.

3-0 Hibs.  Get this season in the bin.

Bought tickets last weekend thinking it’ll be a good trip because you can get non-Scotrail trains between Edinburgh and Motherwell and they don’t have the absolutely mental drinking ban in place.
However when I’ve gone to check there are not only none running on Sunday but there are also no Scotrail ones you can get without having to all the way into glasgow to come back.

Yeah it's been like that for a while unfortunately. Really poor selection of trains/times to get from Edinburgh to Motherwell. It used to be Cross Country I think that ran fairly regularly but I believe even they're down to about twice a day (and not Sundays).

22 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

Kelly
Mugabi Sol Ojala Carroll
Shaw Slattery
Woolery Tierney Roberts
KVV

I'd go with that Gianfranco, but I think Efford merits a start over Roberts and O'Hara of late has merited a start over Tierney. I'd give him to half time and see who's performing well out of the midfield three, worst performer hooked for Tierney.

Sky Scores app have Hibs lining up with 3-4-3 for the past few games.

Can I ask any Hibees, is it really a true 3-4-3 or a 5-2-3 (wingbacks)?

6 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

I don't know if the timings will work out but it might be worth looking into changing in Bellshill or somewhere rather than Central.

50 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I don't know if the timings will work out but it might be worth looking into changing in Bellshill or somewhere rather than Central.

Good shout, Waverley to Holytown 10:26 arriving 11:28, £9.20 single or £11.90 return if you go back after 16:40 via the trainline. 1h02m .... it must be a ponderous journey.

image.thumb.png.1ced0d22c4109a1c9a7b94f5d49795a4.png

Edited by Kapowzer

8 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Good shout, Waverley to Holytown 10:26 arriving 11:28, £9.20 on the trainline. 1h02m must be a ponderous journey.

You able to get from Holytown to Motherwell easy enough?

An hour and 20 minute walk doesn’t appeal to me.

Making the assumption that there is absolutely no chance that GA changes away from 4-3-3, Id be going with....

Kelly

Mugabi Sol Ojala Lamie

Shaw Slattery O'Hara

Woolery KVV Efford/Roberts

Id love to see Tierney in as I think he would take passes from Slattery and be a good foil for KVV linking the midfield and frontline, but he doesnt fit a 4-3-3 and I dont see GA changing it.

Need a big performance from the manager and all the players or this is going to be another dreary shitfest with us losing by the odd goal.

Our entire season rests on Sunday and, since we can't score, we will either have to win this on penalties or accept that there's no point in anything until August.

You cannot score against competent defences. You have yet to come up against our full backs in current abysmal performance mode.

We have gone behind in every game this year where there have been goals. You would like to think that we due to score first at some point. One can only pray [emoji120]