Motherwell vs Hibernian - Scottish Cup Quarter Final

It's not really is it, given that "endangering the safety of an opponent" is literally one of the criteria.
A player getting injured doesn't mean the red is automatically justified. A player can hurdle a challeng worthy of a red just as a player can be hurt in a perfectly fair challenge. The injury in and of itself means nothing

I seem to be in the minority here, but I think it's a red card for Mugabi. Straight leg, studs up. It shouldn't matter whether it's in the first minute or the last minute. It's also clearly endangered the safety an opponent, given Doig has had to go off now. 

Edited by DrewDon

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

It's not really is it, given that "endangering the safety of an opponent" is literally one of the criteria.

It would be terrifying if refs were using players reactions to judge card colour, considering literally every players rolls around as if their legs cut off the moment they get fouled.

Just now, DrewDon said:

I seem to be in the minority here, but I think it's a red card for Mugabi. Straight leg, studs up, going in at pace. It shouldn't matter whether it's in the first minute or the last minute. It's also clearly endangered the safety an opponent, given Doig has had to go off now. 

It’s a stick on red these days. Shocked anyone sees it differently. 

1 minute ago, Richie said:
7 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:
Goes in, sliding, studs up through the player.
TV pundit is embarassing. Are we still at the "too early for a red" stage up here? If it's a red you are off 1st or last minute.

Agree in principle, but does Collum give a red for that in the 1st min of an OF Quarter Final - Does he f**k.

Only if he needs his windows replaced on Monday 😂

Stop listen to the commentators incorrect narrative. Go an watch the tackle back. It’s a clear red and extremely dangerous. Football fans seem to think that players should be immune from red cards just because it’s early in the game.

I’d say they should be down to 9 men. Hope Doig is ok.

Just now, Bairnardo said:
1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

A player getting injured doesn't mean the red is automatically justified. A player can hurdle a challeng worthy of a red just as a player can be hurt in a perfectly fair challenge. The injury in and of itself means nothing

I didn't say the player getting injured means it is not justified, but it definitely isn't "irrelevant" as you claimed. It wasn't a perfectly fair challenge, he absolutely melted him in the ankle with a straight leg, and it clearly has done some damage.