Darth Vader’s Cove v Luke Skywalker’s Bairns

4 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Rennie is getting it completely wrong time and time again. This playing from the back is fucking stupid. If you have the players to do it, aye fair enough, but we don't. Work with the tools you have and act accordingly for f**k sake. Their first goal came from our corner being cleared and instead of us punting it right back up to where the rest of our players are, mutch takes a touch, calms it down and plays from the fucking back again. Fuming with this every week. Just fuckin attack ya bunch of shitehawks

You have a good target man in Dowds too. I'm sure he could hold up some long balls and with a few players around him to get knock ons and knock downs it could be a recipe for success. 

19 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

You have a good target man in Dowds too. I'm sure he could hold up some long balls and with a few players around him to get knock ons and knock downs it could be a recipe for success. 

I think we forget, with all due respect, that we as fans do not care about how we win as long as we get out of here. This style of play is awful to watch when you don't have the players to execute it. Wayward back passes, terrible first touches, defenders not knowing who's going to attempt to play it our first. God awful

28 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Rennie is getting it completely wrong time and time again. This playing from the back is fucking stupid. If you have the players to do it, aye fair enough, but we don't. Work with the tools you have and act accordingly for f**k sake. Their first goal came from our corner being cleared and instead of us punting it right back up to where the rest of our players are, mutch takes a touch, calms it down and plays from the fucking back again. Fuming with this every week. Just fuckin attack ya bunch of shitehawks

This was one of the questions put to Sheerin at the q&a, did he think we had the players capable of playing out from the back. He said yes he thought we did, but we didn’t then and we don’t now. 

25 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Haha, your man was  paedo WHILE HE WAS AT THE CLUB, not five years before :)

The Yorkshire Ripper got a job as a lorry driver because his employer didn't actually know he was a murderer at the time. Similarly, Falkirk didn't know that McCafferty was a sex offender or we wouldn't have employed him.

Raith, on the other hand, were obviously fully aware of Goodwillie's crimes when you signed him.

It's not difficult, although I fully understand how you can't grasp it.

5 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We're just pissing money down the drain again though.  Griffith's ain't going to be on peanuts so why bother signing him to sit mid table in league one. Makes no sense throwing cash at him when our midfield and defence are just as bad as ever.

You would have been spitting feathers if he'd signed for Queens or Cove.

5 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

You would have been spitting feathers if he'd signed for Queens or Cove.

Id rather we spent 1500 quid a week on a centrehalf or centre mid that would've really improved the side to be honest. I reckon with a bit of luck with injuries we'd have got away with kabia and dowds up front. We're paying him a shed load of cash in league one but then aren't providing him with the service to make it anywhere near worthwhile.  Griffith's is a good signing if you've got the other bases covered but we haven't I'm afraid 

58 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

I just assumed that Raith fans would be under some kind of embargo about slagging other clubs for at least a couple of seasons after recent events... 😳

He was all over the Raith thread, backing DGW & shaming the victim, when they signed him. I take it his own fans have chased him & he's now scrambling for vile relevance on here.

BTW, can anyone that was behind the goals confirm what happened with Mckay? From the footage it looked to me that he didn't do very much and was actually grabbed round the neck by a Cove player. Didn't see anything that he should have been sent off for. Also thought that we should have had a penalty just before when the 'keeper rattled Jaze on the back of the head.

That's two weeks in a row Cove players have got an opposition player sent off. I'm not remotely upset as it means we wont have to suffer McKay playing for a couple of weeks (and the game was already done) but it's still pretty poor. Any competent ref would have seen it a mile off as well 

20 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

BTW, can anyone that was behind the goals confirm what happened with Mckay? From the footage it looked to me that he didn't do very much and was actually grabbed round the neck by a Cove player. Didn't see anything that he should have been sent off for. Also thought that we should have had a penalty just before when the 'keeper rattled Jaze on the back of the head.

Flung his arm out at said Cove player dragging him away from the melee.

As for Kabia being fouled, goalkeepers once again proving a protected species when in any other part of the pitch a player would be booked for jumping over the top of another.