10 years since old rangers admin

What do you mean?
As rangers died, they haven't come "back" anywhere. They never played in the lower divisions either - that was a "journey" undertaken by a Tribute Act who have given the vast majority of Scottish fans more enjoyment in their short life than their predecessors did over many decades before their sad (no sniggering at the back, now!) demise.

Never forget

Rangers have been granted a conditional Scottish FA membership, which will allow Sunday's Ramsdens Cup tie with Brechin City to go ahead.

The relaunched Ibrox club have been trying to obtain the old Rangers' licence to play after the latter headed for liquidation.

Dundee have replaced the old Rangers in the SPL after the SFL agreed to place the new Ibrox team in Division Three.

But the new Rangers needed membership to play any competitive matches in Scotland and negotiations over inheriting the old club's licence were protracted.

The club agreed to incur punishments handed to the old club over disrepute charges, including a year-long transfer ban.

3 hours ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

Plenty teams won their first trophies as well, no? 

Was it not the most varied of cup winners for a while? 

Then Rodgers came in and fucked it up. Freakshow arsehole that he is. 

Was superb County winning league Cup, never forget that!! Probably never happen again, unless they go bust again??

36 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

It was the St.Mirren chairman who suggested it 

Clicky

The SPL’s broadcast deals look set to be renegotiated now Rangers are no longer in the top flight so league chiefs are predicting a huge drop in income.

He said: “Clubs were expecting to receive their commercial income as per normal in the first week in August but, with the way things are shaping up, that’s not going to be there

“If you asked me whether a handful of clubs could be placed into administration by the end of August then I’d have to say it was very feasible.

But Gilmour is still baffled at why SFL outfits moved the goalposts for historic change in our game by reusing to allow Charles Green’s club into Division One.

He said: “This is uncharted territory for the SPL, I honestly don’t know what’s being put on the table on Monday.

“I don’t think many people know where they are with it.

Gilmour was especially despicable in his behaviour at the time.

He was quite outspokenly critical of Rangers and was right behind the SPL decision not to admit the Newco.  However, when SFL clubs decided not to admit the Newco to their top level, he was horrified and started making ridiculous noises around impending doom.

The shameless little shit wanted to posture to his own club's fans about punishing Rangers, while demanding that the exile be as brief as possible by having SFL clubs ignore the wishes of theirs.  

That most (shamefully not all) SFL chairmen displayed some resolve was great.

Gilmour, however, proved himself to be vile, dishonest  and cowardly.

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

It was the St.Mirren chairman who suggested it 

Clicky

The SPL’s broadcast deals look set to be renegotiated now Rangers are no longer in the top flight so league chiefs are predicting a huge drop in income.

He said: “Clubs were expecting to receive their commercial income as per normal in the first week in August but, with the way things are shaping up, that’s not going to be there

“If you asked me whether a handful of clubs could be placed into administration by the end of August then I’d have to say it was very feasible.

But Gilmour is still baffled at why SFL outfits moved the goalposts for historic change in our game by reusing to allow Charles Green’s club into Division One.

He said: “This is uncharted territory for the SPL, I honestly don’t know what’s being put on the table on Monday.

“I don’t think many people know where they are with it.

Indeed, Gilmour was completely wrong 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

I mind the tabloids were running full back pages claiming that, at minimum, half of the SPL clubs would be dead within weeks after Rangers died.

For clarity, here is the full list of clubs that died, which I will list in alphabetical order:

Rangers

image.gif.3add470a236b3744b8446240ef7e5538.gif

19 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Gilmour was especially despicable in his behaviour at the time.

He was quite outspokenly critical of Rangers and was right behind the SPL decision not to admit the Newco.  However, when SFL clubs decided not to admit the Newco to their top level, he was horrified and started making ridiculous noises around impending doom.

The shameless little shit wanted to posture to his own club's fans about punishing Rangers, while demanding that the exile be as brief as possible by having SFL clubs ignore the wishes of theirs.  

That most (shamefully not all) SFL chairmen displayed some resolve was great.

Gilmour, however, proved himself to be vile, dishonest  and cowardly.

“Punishing Rangers”?

Rangers were liquidated. Nothing to “punish”

The non OF clubs shouldn’t have allowed Sevco into the league. Celtic would then have died a slow death and the rest of Scottish football would have thrived without the vile OF fans. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Saintsible said:

“Punishing Rangers”?

Rangers were liquidated. Nothing to “punish”

The non OF clubs shouldn’t have allowed Sevco into the league. Celtic would then have died a slow death and the rest of Scottish football would have thrived without the vile OF fans. 

There was something to punish though, wasn't there? - The rebirth or whatever you want to call it.

One club (rumoured to be Stranraer) did vote not to admit them at all.  Impressive though that was, excluding them altogether, never looked particularly realistic.

Still happens Ronaldo. Check out their games against AFC this year.

Ibrox game after Walter (we wish the new club every success) Smith died (also) got to pick their own ref and got bailed oot big time.

Have I mentioned Aberdeen haven't had a pen at Ibrox in over 25 years against either rangers clubs??

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

The vote was for which club was to be admitted. Sevco were one of the applicants. I believe Cove Rangers and Edinburgh City also applied. Think Gala Fairydean did too, but can’t recall the full list.