10 years since old rangers admin

13 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

What will Scottish football do without him playing a grand piano at the end of a highlights programme. 

Yeah I know, and he's fairly well established himself as a gonk on several fronts already.

Maybe that's why he feels confident to state the truth on this matter now.

7 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Yeah I know, and he's fairly well established himself as a gonk on several fronts already.

Maybe that's why he feels confident to state the truth on this matter now.

Could be. He was the guy that coined the phrase "succulent lamb" as well.

Ah I remember well the day the rangers went into admin. 

Old boy had invited me to the local for a pint but wasn't really in the humour. Turned on SSN to see the famous yellow banner at the bottom and Jim Whyte's wee face. Got the jacket on, went to the boozer and got suitably pished. What a day. 10 years on, it's still absolutely fucking hilarious. 

37 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I thought that was James Traynor?

It was indeed.

If the past 10 years have taught Murray, who is one of Britain's
wealthiest individuals, anything it is how to win and he believes
Rangers will continue to grow and prosper.
"I look upon these last 10 years as a having been a great era, but
it is over and Rangers are about to head on into a new era," he
said over a glass of the finest red.
He was about to take in another mouthful of the most succulent
lamb - anyone who knows Murray shouldn't be surprised to learn
he is a full-blooded, unashamed red meat eater - when he put
down his knife and fork.
It was like a Statement of intent and looking directly across the
table to make sure I hadn't yet succumbed to the wine, he said:
"Bring on the next 10 years, there's more to come for Rangers.
"Understand that I care passionately about what I'm doing with
Rangers and believe that in 10 years time we will still be setting
the pace.

11 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Could have sworn it was Speirs, but yeah right enough, after a bit of Google memory-recall on my part, you are quite correct.

Things-that-seldom-happen thread for this...

2 hours ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

I find it hard to truly revel in what happened. 

Ultimately, what price did they pay? 

A few years in the lower divisions? What's that meant for them? Nothing, really. 

They are back, spending more than they can afford again, and it's the same duopoly it's ever been. They get to keep their trophies too, we have to hear about how magic the players they used to have were- with no caveat that these guys actually dismantled the club. 

They still get nonsense refereeing decisions in tight games. The media/punditry has went back to having one from each side of the OF for "balance" but to everyone else it's just nonsense. 

They paid the smallest possible price for institutionalised and overt financial cheating, at all of our (the taxpayers) expense, of course. 

Never has there been an apology for it. Never has there been an admission that it was morally wrong. 

Nope. They just cry about how hard done by they supposedly were, and how Scottish football is in a much better place now with them back at the top. 

Something just about every non OF fan would disagree with. Not that it's represented in the media, though.

I can completely agree with this statement as a Celtic fan.

They're getting to just do the same thing again which puts every other club at a disadvantage because they’ll either over extend trying to compete, or just not bother and settle for the level they’re at as they just can’t keep up.

9 minutes ago, stressball said:

They're getting to just do the same thing again which puts every other club at a disadvantage because they’ll either over extend trying to compete, or just not bother and settle for the level they’re at as they just can’t keep up.

Whereas all they need to compete with Celtic is "better football knowledge"...

1 hour ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

A few years in the lower divisions? What's that meant for them? Nothing, really. 

They are back, spending more than they can afford again, and it's the same duopoly it's ever been. They get to keep their trophies too, we have to hear about how magic the players they used to have were- with no caveat that these guys actually dismantled the club. 

They still get nonsense refereeing decisions in tight games. The media/punditry has went back to having one from each side of the OF for "balance" but to everyone else it's just nonsense. 

They paid the smallest possible price for institutionalised and overt financial cheating, at all of our (the taxpayers) expense, of course. 

Never has there been an apology for it. Never has there been an admission that it was morally wrong. 

Nope. They just cry about how hard done by they supposedly were, and how Scottish football is in a much better place now with them back at the top. 

Something just about every non OF fan would disagree with. Not that it's represented in the media, though.

They got away with dying despite suffering the same death of liquidation as Third Lanark, Airdrieonians and Gretna FC, because every club in Scotland let them pretend they'd survived, rather than face the potential financial ramifications of their permanent disappearance.

They got away with industrial scale cheating for more than a decade because every club in Scotland admonished them, entirely unpunished, in return for the continuation of the magical properties of the blue pound and assorted commercial contracts.

Apart from Peter Lawwell humorously likening the new club to impressionist Rory Bremner, there have been no breaches of the confidentiality clause built in to the ultra-secretive five way agreement; an unprecedented legal document which committed all parties to treat a brand new club as if it was the original 1872 club that had become defunct. All of our clubs continue to go along with the scam because they've been brain-washed into believing there's no viable alternative.

There is however a price paid by the Rangers* fans. They know that we know.  

4 hours ago, The DA said:

At a bit of a loose end so I followed up on someone's tweet about TRangers' finances.  Can anyone with accounting experience explain what all these share issues are about?  Is this just loans being turned into worthless shares (value 1p, paid 25p)?

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC437060/filing-history

image.thumb.png.c1e54e81e1b0295cd44990c3dfedbee9.png

Given their previous that's the most likely explanation. For the company, the conversion itself is good news but it clearly arises from a situation that has required additional funding. 

It's not unheard of. Dave Cormack has sunk £3-4m in soft loans converted to equity into the Dons to cover Covid lossses. 

So it's not necessarily evidence of impending corporate death. Sadly. 

59 minutes ago, stressball said:

Our situation now is vastly different to 10 years ago. Any 'debt' we have, is to our shareholders who are currently happy investing and having loans converted to shares. We don't have much external debt at all (which was not the case 10 years ago).

As you say, there will come a time when those investors will withdraw their ongoing funding, and at that point, we will revert to a model where we rely on CL football or to sell assets (players) to cover any shortfall. You could probably argue with the recent sale of Patterson we have already started that shift.

'Getting to just do the same thing' is not the same thing at all.

3 hours ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

Still fucking funny though.

3 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

Maybe not exactly the same. But, is it not fair to ask, as fans who directly suffered through the original cheating (literally no other word for it) if they are again biting off more than they can chew? 

£100,000,000 in losses for one Scottish Premiership title in the last 10 years is quite remarkable. 

Do they not have a duty to their loyal supporters who stayed with them through their 'punishment' to run the club without such a hole under their feet? 

I understand loses that substantial don't necessarily mean a business goes under, but you've got to ask, what's the model? 

They've had one major player sale in Nathan Patterson and it doesn't really come close to solving the problem. The inflated figures their pals at the Record made up for some of their other stars haven't manifested themselves as bids...

If they don't get CL this season, which is just as likely to happen as it isn't, where do they go from there? 

Genuinely asking, as I don't know. Just another frustrated Scottish football fan who's sick to the back teeth of the lording and gnashing of teeth you get from the institution and its hive mind of followers.

It's ok though as these "investors" are happy to loan the club money so long as they converted to shares and sold (which are worth less than the cost of a fucking Freddo)

They are robbing Peter to pay Paul because ultimately these investors will want a return on their £, its what successful people do so when that return doesn't look to clever and it looks a bit ropey just now with the expectation of CL potentially slipping away there will be some arse clenching happening amongst the board.

You also have to question the model also, Goldsons contract running out, Kent going into his last year, Morelos too so need to sell them in the summer or let them go for free, spunking a chunk of dolla on the sicknote that is Aaron Ramsey and again probably a significant fee on Diallo who is currently 3rd choice for that position and behind Sakala ffs. Who does it leave as an asset you can recoup decent money on? Kamara that's about it

6 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

Maybe not exactly the same. But, is it not fair to ask, as fans who directly suffered through the original cheating (literally no other word for it) if they are again biting off more than they can chew? 

£100,000,000 in losses for one Scottish Premiership title in the last 10 years is quite remarkable. 

Do they not have a duty to their loyal supporters who stayed with them through their 'punishment' to run the club without such a hole under their feet? 

I understand loses that substantial don't necessarily mean a business goes under, but you've got to ask, what's the model? 

They've had one major player sale in Nathan Patterson and it doesn't really come close to solving the problem. The inflated figures their pals at the Record made up for some of their other stars haven't manifested themselves as bids...

If they don't get CL this season, which is just as likely to happen as it isn't, where do they go from there? 

Genuinely asking, as I don't know. Just another frustrated Scottish football fan who's sick to the back teeth of the lording and gnashing of teeth you get from the institution and its hive mind of followers.

If we don't win the league and get access to the CL funding then it is pretty much a certainty that players will be sold to offset that.

Since taking over the club in 2015, the current board have made it clear they'd be comfortable servicing the losses this way. They are not expecting a return as mentioned, at least, certainly not anywhere close to the amount they've invested.

Our last set of accounts they stated that while we would need additional shareholder funding this season of approx. £7m, due to reduction in identified future funding requirement and uplift in commercial/matchday income they expect that to fall to around £0.4m next season.

Additionally, this funding has been met by our current investor group despite offers from private equity firms etc. while also being able to pay off a Dave King loan of £5m plus interest that was not converted to shares.

The aim is and always has been to get to a stage of qualify for the CL or sell players if we don't to offset it. We have a wee handful of players that will do that - we don't need to sell £30m worth of talent if we don't qualify for the CL.

12 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

So, despite operating on an eye watering loss, Rangers will remain unaffected? 

I wouldn't say that, particularly. The losses suffered over the recent period is not a situation that is ideal nor sustainable in the long-term, but it is something that was planned. Dave King stated the club would need to go through a period of "over-investment" to catch up with Celtic and the board expected this to be a period of up to 10 years when they took over in 2015.

But obviously, this comes with it's risks as the board do not have limitless funds to call on. That is why we have seen this investment shared amongst people rather than fall solely on one person. This investment was aimed at achieving the model I mentioned before, and the continued mentioning by Stewart Robertson last year that our player trading model is one of the key pillars that we need to develop highlights that the period of investment will start to be cut back.

Their ultimate aim will be to leave Rangers in a position where they are competing for league titles regularly with a squad of players high enough in value to utilise if the need arises. I don't think we are particularly far away from that.

Edited by AJF

1 minute ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

Ok, cool. Hopefully it ravages yous again. 

Final question; 

Do you feel no shame in supporting a club that ruined the Scottish game for 20 years, failing to apologise to its competitors? 

I only ask you, as you doing seem as relentlessly staunch as the others. 

No, I feel no shame in supporting Rangers.