10 years since old rangers admin

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

You'd imagine 99% of the locals didn't even know what team the flag was representing, let alone care that is was Celtic.

Indeed. Until they are unlucky enough to stand next to them in a queue, and get the full experience of third day in a row fitba tap in 29 degrees.

35 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Honestly, I get irrationally annoyed by it. We went to Gran Canaria a few years ago, and as we were making our way to the villa, there was a (I'm guessing) holiday home where some fucking trumpet had erected a flagpole and flown a big Celtic flag. As if any other c**t on the island gives a flying f**k that he's a Celtic fan. Usual 'faimly taps' at the airport as well. 

We were on a family holiday in America  20 years a go and were told to go to a certain bar that would be showing the League Cup final. The bar man asked my Dad if he was the manager! 
Top levels of not giving a flying fuckery! 

7 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

We were on a family holiday in America  20 years a go and were told to go to a certain bar that would be showing the League Cup final. The bar man asked my Dad if he was the manager! 
Top levels of not giving a flying fuckery! 

Absolutely. I can't actually understand what the thought process is. Do they think folk are going to be all totally impressed, and want to ask them about it? For the vast majority of the locals it's a cursory glance and then on with their day. For anyone from Scotland it's generally a case of wishing that they didn't have to be reminded of all that garbage whilst in a foreign land. Going on holiday and seeing Scottish fitba taps is an absolute downer.

Edited by Kyle Reese

5 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Absolutely. I can't actually understand what the thought process is. Do they think folk are going to be all totally impressed, and want to ask them about it? For the vast majority of the locals it's cursory glance and then on with their day. For anyone from Scotland it's generally a case of wishing that they didn't have to be reminded of all that garbage whilst in foreign land. Going on holiday and seeing Scottish fitba taps an an absolute downer.

Totally. I cringe when I see the tops worn on planes etc. Especially by men in their 50s and that.
 I will admit I had a “Reserved For The Champions” beach towel when I was 16 though ☹️

On 15/02/2022 at 10:17, Ranaldo Bairn said:

That is why the original club died. It was incorporated in 1899 and went bust, kaput, end of story. It didn't have a holding company.

The new Rangers FC was originally started as Sevco Scotland Ltd, and changed its name to The Rangers Football Club. Hence why they are referred to as such on here quite often.

This new incarnation DOES have a holding company, the aforementioned Rangers International plc.

So if TRFC continues to generate such massive losses, they can simply transfer all the debt onto RIFC, liquidate that, and carry on. The Lie that they said happened previously will actually come true this time around.

You are correct in saying that the original club didn't have a holding company.

However, despite its name, The Rangers Football Club, formed in 2012 as a subsidiary of Rangers International Football Club, isn't the football club. Instead, it is described as the operator of the football club, providing the requisite distance between the club and any parent company that might be susceptible to future insolvency.

As you alluded to, we could be forgiven for thinking that the new club has learned a lesson and covered every angle this time, but it was a case of locking the stable door after the horse had bolted with regard to the now defunct club.

It's also worth noting that the various drafts of the five way agreement make reference to the Rangers Football Club plc (ie the old club) having been "the operator of Rangers Football Club." To my knowledge, that was the first time since Rangers' incorporation in 1899 that the construct of club and separate company had been aired, and that fabrication illustrated the lengths that the football authorities (and subsequently the media) were prepared to go to by rewriting history and airbrushing out inconvenient facts in order to pretend that Rangers had simply been purchased by a new owner/operator. I seem to remember a further distinction being made between Rangers Football Club and RFC in an attempt to further muddy the waters. 

5 minutes ago, Squonk said:

However, despite its name, The Rangers Football Club, formed in 2012 as a subsidiary of Rangers International Football Club, isn't the football club. Instead, it is described as the operator of the football club, providing the requisite distance between the club and any parent company that might be susceptible to future insolvency.

As you alluded to, we could be forgiven for thinking that the new club has learned a lesson and covered every angle this time, but it was a case of locking the stable door after the horse had bolted with regard to the now defunct club.

It's also worth noting that the various drafts of the five way agreement make reference to the Rangers Football Club plc (ie the old club) having been "the operator of Rangers Football Club." To my knowledge, that was the first time since Rangers' incorporation in 1899 that the construct of club and separate company had been aired, and that fabrication illustrated the lengths that the football authorities (and subsequently the media) were prepared to go to by rewriting history and airbrushing out inconvenient facts in order to pretend that Rangers had simply been purchased by a new owner/operator. I seem to remember a further distinction being made between Rangers Football Club and RFC in an attempt to further muddy the waters. 

You must be a hoot on the Sevco monitor site.

8 minutes ago, Squonk said:

So 29th May 2022 is the new club's 10th (TENTH) birthday?                          

2 hours ago, Squonk said:

I know what it's described as.

That's the whole crux of the matter. TRFC, like RFC(IL) is a company. RIFC is its holding company.

The idea that TRFC, like RFC(IL) allegedly did, own and operate the club, rather than being the club, is the whole nonsense they wish us to believe!

23 minutes ago, Squonk said:

Aw diddums. Do you feel insecure, uncomfortable, raging, when someone discusses the facts surrounding the death of your club? Splendid.

That's a familiar style of posting.

10 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

Rangers must have been a frozen liquid. Can’t figure out how else they could be liquidated, and then reformed in to the same thing.

No man ever steps in the same river twice. For it’s not the same river and he’s not the same man.” Heraclitus (approximately 550 BCE)

3 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

No man ever steps in the same river twice. For it’s not the same river and he’s not the same man.” Heraclitus (approximately 550 BCE)

Whilst this is certainly true, the river itself is part of the water table and the water table is part of the upper saturation zone. All water on the planet is part of the same cycle. The man himself who steps in the river is not the same man that steps in the next river, as his cells will have cycled and regenerated. 
(Kyle Reese 09:18)

At a bit of a loose end so I followed up on someone's tweet about TRangers' finances.  Can anyone with accounting experience explain what all these share issues are about?  Is this just loans being turned into worthless shares (value 1p, paid 25p)?

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC437060/filing-history

image.thumb.png.c1e54e81e1b0295cd44990c3dfedbee9.png

Edited by The DA

4 minutes ago, The DA said:

At a bit of a loose end so I followed up on someone's tweet about TRangers' finances.  Can anyone with accounting experience explain what all these share issues are about?  Is this just loans being turned into worthless shares (value 1p, paid 25p)?

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC437060/filing-history

image.thumb.png.c1e54e81e1b0295cd44990c3dfedbee9.png

You’d need more info than what’s on companies house to draw any real conclusions to be honest. 

Share issues are generally used as a method of fundraising though.