10 years since old rangers admin

On 14/02/2022 at 10:19, mizfit said:

I remember the day well actually.
I was working in a house in Perth, I was at the time serving an apprenticeship in joinery and was tasked with insulating a loft extension with another apprentice.

The 2 of us nipped into the loft with a radio and we’re discussing the impending financial crisis at Rangers in the way you’d expect 2 19 year olds with no brains too. However the radio was on Radio 1, and we missed the announcement. My boss put his head up to tell us it was break time and asked if we’d heard the news about Rangers.

I almost fell through the loft howling with laughter, came straight on here to a sight of absolute fucking chaos, made only better by the one Rangers fan on sight bursting into tears screaming that “it’s no fair”.

I went home that night in absolute fits of laughter at all the Perth glory hunters in blue having a meltdown.

I guess for Scottish football fans it was their JFK moment. 

I remember going into a shop in Menorca and laughing out loud at a Rangers fan who was literally in tears holding a copy of the Daily Record. 

53 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I feel no great need to proclaim that old Rangers is dead and gone forever, but the need to insist its diametric opposite, is utterly childish and ludicrous.

I know, but I'm not stopping now.

The play offs started well before Rangers croacked.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

34 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

might just be a coincidence but did the play offs not come about when those c***s were starting off in the butlins league

we want to punish you

but we'll also give you every help we can in order for you to get back up ASAP.

SPINLESS c***s incharge of most clubs.

Play-offs had existed between the fourth and third, and the third and second tiers since 2005.

They were introduced between the top two tiers as a result of the SFL and SPL merging in the wake of Rangers' demise. 

It could be argued that Rangers benefited from it in 2015 by getting a crack at promotion despite finishing 3rd, but it really does require a leap to see that as designed for their profit.  The long road for Champioship clubs probably helped Motherwell see them off in hilariously emphatic fashion.

1 hour ago, Meeniedee said:

might just be a coincidence but did the play offs not come about when those c***s were starting off in the butlins league

we want to punish you

but we'll also give you every help we can in order for you to get back up ASAP.

SPINLESS c***s incharge of most clubs.

The spl wanted the SFLs tv rights and merged, play offs to the top tier was part of the deal.

Nothing to do with Sevco. 

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

The spl wanted the SFLs tv rights and merged, play offs to the top tier was part of the deal.

Nothing to do with Sevco. 

🤣sure it wasnt🤣for years the top league teams rejected any proposals at playoffs yet the minute the dead club fucked off they were suddenly interested in bring them back 

like i say it was a case of "look lads we've punished them"but lets get them back asap.

[emoji1787]sure it wasnt[emoji1787]for years the top league teams rejected any proposals at playoffs yet the minute the dead club fucked off they were suddenly interested in bring them back 

like i say it was a case of "look lads we've punished them"but lets get them back asap.

There was a long-term interest from many top flight clubs in introducing some sort of safety net which lessened the financial impact of relegation to the SFL, with its paltry prize money. That was the motivation behind the SPL2 proposals which had existed on and off for years.

The SPFL merger and the subsequent introduction of play-offs were part of that. There was absolutely no reason to expect that Rangers would require those play-offs at any point, you're talking about a team with 50,000 fans playing in the lower leagues, only a very weird turn of events was ever going to see them not win 3 titles in a row. That very weird turn of events did happen, of course, but I don't think anyone could have foreseen it when the plans were drawn up.

Folk are ridiculously biased to the extent they believe play off's were introduced solely to benefit one club 😂

The non-Rangers fans that give differing views are just ignored because it doesn't suit a particular narrative.

Edited by AJF

10 minutes ago, AJF said:

Folk are ridiculously biased to the extent they believe play off's were introduced solely to benefit one club 😂

The non-Rangers fans that give differing views are just ignored because it doesn't suit a particular narrative.

You're absolutely right, tbf.

Rangers in the play-offs was absolutely brilliant viewing, fwiw.

2 hours ago, Empty It said:

Another one of those coincidences that help one of the bigot twins, amazing how often that happens.

Rangers didn't benefit from playoffs though. 

The only time they needed playoffs resulted in what was for many a defining moment of their banter years.

So yes it was a coincidence. No it didn't help Rangers. As Craigkillie says, it doesn't make sense that a club with 50 odd thousand supporters would need it, especially in the seaside leagues.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Folk being one person in this case, and everyone who replied to them disagreed.

You're the one lying here and trying to create a narrative that doesn't exist. No surprise though since it's what your c**t scum club do.

35 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Folk being one person in this case, and everyone who replied to them disagreed.

You're the one lying here and trying to create a narrative that doesn't exist. No surprise though since it's what your c**t scum club do.

One person outright said the play offs were introduced to help Rangers, another questioned how much of a coincidence it was. Maybe not get offended at my comments and take it as it was intended, which was to ridicule those that thought that way rather than an attempt to set a narrative, as you say.

15 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Hearts had Bryan Jackson in charge of the administration. Thank God he didn't do Rangers, they might've survived.

If they hadn't insisted on Duff and Phelps there might have been a better chance. 

14 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

I guess for Scottish football fans it was their JFK moment. 

I remember going into a shop in Menorca and laughing out loud at a Rangers fan who was literally in tears holding a copy of the Daily Record. 

Going abroad and seeing an Old Firm fan holding a copy of the Daily Record is to me the very definition of 'holiday from hell.'

5 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Going abroad and seeing an Old Firm fan holding a copy of the Daily Record is to me the very definition of 'holiday from hell.'

Honestly, I get irrationally annoyed by it. We went to Gran Canaria a few years ago, and as we were making our way to the villa, there was a (I'm guessing) holiday home where some fucking trumpet had erected a flagpole and flown a big Celtic flag. As if any other c**t on the island gives a flying f**k that he's a Celtic fan. Usual 'faimly taps' at the airport as well. 

13 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Honestly, I get irrationally annoyed by it. We went to Gran Canaria a few years ago, and as we were making our way to the villa, there was a (I'm guessing) holiday home where some fucking trumpet had erected a flagpole and flown a big Celtic flag. As if any other c**t on the island gives a flying f**k that he's a Celtic fan. Usual 'faimly taps' at the airport as well. 

You'd imagine 99% of the locals didn't even know what team the flag was representing, let alone care that is was Celtic.