10 years since old rangers admin

4 hours ago, Squonk said:

Just to clear up a factual inaccuracy, the 14th of Feb 2012 wasn't the date of Rangers' death, just the beginning of the insolvency process that is still ongoing ten years later. Rangers didn't go into liquidation until October 2012, so we'll have to wait eight months to celebrate the 10th anniversary of their death.

Aye, and we'll get another day of celebration on 12th June, when HMRC, and others decided the club would be going into liquidation.

1956646960_TheHeraldRIP.jpg.b2990eb6f0caf47fcb77688c5201f34e.jpg

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

If the members didn't want Rangers to be in Division 3 they could have voted against it. 

Aye, that's what I wrote: "didn't give an option to any new club other than Green's Sevco to enter the league".

But that doesn't matter now, it's done.

On 14/02/2022 at 12:08, AJF said:

Hearts' main creditors were, I believe, the Lithuanian Banks which, if I remember correctly, agreed to write off large portions of the debt and eventually did not oppose the CVA proposal. Therefore the level of finance required to bring Hearts out of administration was in no way comparable to Rangers. It's simply futile to suggest that the average fan can be held any way responsible for what happened.

The problem in Hearts case was that the Lithuanian bank itself went into administration as did UBIG the group that owned both the bank and the football club. This meant that there were three sets of administrators in two different jurisdictions. It was certainly a different position but arguably an even more complicated position than Rangers found themselves in.

Because we know that they eventually succeeded, it's tempting to assume that our efforts to save HMFC couldn't have failed but that's deceptive. It could easily have gone wrong.

Similarly if Rangers fans had made a similar efforts to extricate their club from their predicament it might well have come to nothing .But we'll never know because they didn't really try.

And that's kind of the point. 

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

On 14/02/2022 at 15:28, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

That's Sports News Journalist of the Year, Keith Jackson. Christ, if ever an award could sum up an entire industry. His 'Motherwell born billionaire' article should have been a career ender. 

Been a while since I actually watched the Shooders video. He looks so proud of himself. 
Always enjoy mentioning that Shooders did in fact walk away, the following season, as he surrendered (lol) his season ticket when Sevco were in the 3rd division.

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The problem in Hearts case was that the Lithuanian bank itself went into administration as did UBIG the group that owned both the bank and the football club. This meant that there were three sets of administrators in two different jurisdictions. It was certainly a different position but arguably an even more complicated position than Rangers found themselves in.

Because we know that they eventually succeeded, it's tempting to assume that our efforts to save HMFC couldn't have failed but that's deceptive. It could easily have gone wrong.

Similarly if Rangers fans had made a similar efforts to extricate their club from their predicament it might well have come to nothing .But we'll never know because they didn't really try.

But, forgive me if I am wrong, the main reason the FOH succeeded was due to the commitment of the wealthy businessmen/fans that agreed to provide the upfront capital required that allowed Hearts to exit administration in the first place? It’s a bit like a chicken and egg scenario, without them, it would ultimately have failed. Similarly without the FOH, it would’ve failed as well.

As I said, forgive me because I’m going from memory. My main point was that the scenarios were vastly different and due to the differing levels of debt and I don’t think any blame can be placed on the Rangers fans. I get why people would choose to do so, though.

Edited by AJF

But, forgive me if I am wrong, the main reason the FOH succeeded was due to the commitment of the wealthy businessmen/fans that agreed to provide the upfront capital required that allowed Hearts to enter administration in the first place? It’s a bit like a chicken and egg scenario, without them, it would ultimately have failed. Similarly without the FOH, it would’ve failed as well.
As I said, forgive me because I’m going from memory. My main point was that the scenarios were vastly different and due to the differing levels of debt and I don’t think any blame can be placed on the Rangers fans. I get why people would choose to do so, though.
You're one of the few decent Sevco fans on here M9 but lets be serious here, you and your fellow fans let your club die.

3 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Hearts had Bryan Jackson in charge of the administration. Thank God he didn't do Rangers, they might've survived.

7 hours ago, craigkillie said:

If the members didn't want Rangers to be in Division 3 they could have voted against it. Stranraer were the only club who did.

Is that an established fact about Stranraer?

I'd love to think so, but I didn't think it was ever confirmed.

As a town, Stranraer is even worse for Rangers fans than Dumfries.  I've always hoped the club put the boot in, if only to restore some D&G pride after our behaviour.

Is that an established fact about Stranraer?
I'd love to think so, but I didn't think it was ever confirmed.
As a town, Stranraer is even worse for Rangers fans than Dumfries.  I've always hoped the club put the boot in, if only to restore some D&G pride after our behaviour.

I don't think it was ever confirmed formally, but that's who were always associated with it.

11 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Aside from everything else, the obvious answer to the Gretna question is that their fans explicitly chose to distance themselves from the original club.

That really is the entire point.

I'm not actually too hung up on the idea of continuity  with Rangers.  I get far more animated about title stripping, which I see as the greatest injustice attached to it all.

The insistence, despite the red card display, despite the words of Smith or Traynor, that the club was absolutely, unequivocally, the same thing as that which preceded it, relied less on logic or precedent, than it did on the need of thousands of people to be attached to historic and ongoing success.

I feel no great need to proclaim that old Rangers is dead and gone forever, but the need to insist its diametric opposite, is utterly childish and ludicrous.

might just be a coincidence but did the play offs not come about when those c***s were starting off in the butlins league

we want to punish you

but we'll also give you every help we can in order for you to get back up ASAP.

SPINLESS c***s incharge of most clubs.

23 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

As rangers died, they haven't come "back" anywhere. They never played in the lower divisions either - that was a "journey" undertaken by a Tribute Act who have given the vast majority of Scottish fans more enjoyment in their short life than their predecessors did over many decades before their sad (no sniggering at the back, now!) demise.

The Bjorn Again of the SPFL 

11 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

might just be a coincidence but did the play offs not come about when those c***s were starting off in the butlins league

we want to punish you

but we'll also give you every help we can in order for you to get back up ASAP.

SPINLESS c***s incharge of most clubs.

Coincidence. Pretty sure Sevco had played in the old Division 3, so the playoffs came about one year after they did.