Killie v Raith Rovers

A lot depends on the fitness of Berra for me. McGlynn has him as 50/50 at the moment. However, if there is any risk whatsoever he shouldn’t play, we can’t afford to make the injury worse and lose him for a significant period of time.

Without him, our starting centre half’s will be our 4th choice centre back alongside a left back on loan from Hibs who hasn’t started a game since November 2020. Musonda has been better the last couple of games so hopefully that can continue now he’s getting regular game time, he’ll have his hands full against the experience and quality of Lafferty.

If Berra is fit, we might sneak a 1-1 draw but without him I’d predict 3-1 Killie. Given our recent form it seems bizarre that a win could put us right back in the mix, just 2 points behind Killie but because of that recent form, it seems highly unlikely and I doubt you’ll find many Rovers fans confident of a win.

3 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

A lot depends on the fitness of Berra for me. McGlynn has him as 50/50 at the moment. However, if there is any risk whatsoever he shouldn’t play, we can’t afford to make the injury worse and lose him for a significant period of time.

Without him, our starting centre half’s will be our 4th choice centre back alongside a left back on loan from Hibs who hasn’t started a game since November 2020. Musonda has been better the last couple of games so hopefully that can continue now he’s getting regular game time, he’ll have his hands full against the experience and quality of Lafferty.

If Berra is fit, we might sneak a 1-1 draw but without him I’d predict 3-1 Killie. Given our recent form it seems bizarre that a win could put us right back in the mix, just 2 points behind Killie but because of that recent form, it seems highly unlikely and I doubt you’ll find many Rovers fans confident of a win.

That central defensive pairing up against big Lafferty sounds like a calamity waiting to happen.

21 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Celtic aside, This has got the potential to be our heaviest defeat in a while , hopefully we can get out of it with a draw........ but

We don’t dish out hammerings. If we win, it will be by the odd goal. 

I get the feeling it’s got to the point where this result is now more important to Killie than Raith.

Rovers may want to get this season over asap and if ends in a 3rd or 4th place finish it would be a big bonus. Killie need to stop tripping over their own feet, in the league that no one seems determined to go out & win! Lafferty with the bit between his teeth now, has the quality to see us to 3pts. 

To put it simply, we cannot afford to lose a single game between now and the end of the season given the amount of points that we've dropped - and this will be a crucial game. As a Killie fan, the amount of supposed false dawns we've had has been very tiring and it would be very pleasing if we could actually start to put together a run in the league from now until the end of the season. At the minute it's out of our hands given the gap between us and Arbroath, all we can do is try to win and hope that the Lichties somehow drop points twice which doesn't seem like it's going to happen this weekend. It really does depend on which Killie team turns up this weekend, and it's been a few games since the team who had a right good go against Dundee United in the cup turned up. Against Inverness we were reasonable at best, which was probably more down to them not being brilliant. If Rovers are at their best this is going to be a very tough task for us - we'll have to wait until Saturday to see.

As someone else mentioned, if we get Berra fit we’ll have a chance, if he isn’t fit we’ll get beat. For those who think it isn’t as cut and dry as that, our record with him this season is played 29, won 16, drawn 10, lost 3. Our record without him is played 8, won 0, drawn 4, lost 4. 

Forecast for Kilmarnock is to be pissing rain and 1°C. Cannae wait. 

There will be some not going because of recent events, others because they went to Parkhead last week instead, and then there is the fact that we've not won in eight in the league.

And the fact there’s supposed to be a lot of snow between now and kickoff as well is probably a factor putting people off tbh

5 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

And the fact there’s supposed to be a lot of snow between now and kickoff as well is probably a factor putting people off tbh

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Aye I’m holding off to see what the weather is like before making a decision. Don’t fancy driving 140 miles in blizzard conditions. 

Mind Killie have an all weather pitch.