Queen of the South's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be QotS's next permanent manager?  

130 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I for one am relatively happy to let Willie Gibson have time to see if he can rescue us from relegation. If he can pull that off give him a contract, he's certainly got experience of coaching methods in a number of clubs over the years. Interesting this morning with the news that Jim Goodwin leaves St Mirren for Aberdeen. Many names listed as a possible replacement for him but nowhere is AJ mentioned, which is hardly a surprise.

I for one am relatively happy to let Willie Gibson have time to see if he can rescue us from relegation. If he can pull that off give him a contract, he's certainly got experience of coaching methods in a number of clubs over the years. Interesting this morning with the news that Jim Goodwin leaves St Mirren for Aberdeen. Many names listed as a possible replacement for him but nowhere is AJ mentioned, which is hardly a surprise.

Think AJ can now expect a career in the lower leagues unless he can call in a favour and get a coaching gig at a bigger club. Championship appears to be a step too far for him tbh but he'll get a job at League 1 easily enough I'd imagine.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Think AJ can now expect a career in the lower leagues unless he can call in a favour and get a coaching gig at a bigger club. Championship appears to be a step too far for him tbh but he'll get a job at League 1 easily enough I'd imagine.

AJ will probably get the Alloa job...

27 minutes ago, Kunter said:

That would be pretty impressive getting sacked from Queens then in the running for the Aberdeen job 

Think the poster was referring to the St Mirren vacancy, not the Aberdeen one.

As has been mentioned by others, AJ's CV is damaged now, so he'll only be considered for L1 or L2. He's finished at this level or above.

57 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Think the poster was referring to the St Mirren vacancy, not the Aberdeen one.

As has been mentioned by others, AJ's CV is damaged now, so he'll only be considered for L1 or L2. He's finished at this level or above.

Fair point. 

I wonder if he'd would benefit from severing ties with Sandy Clark and joining up with someone else, if anyone wants him of course. 

53 minutes ago, TERREGLES1919 said:

Isn't he the assistant to Naysmith at Edinburgh City who were at Annan today?

Was at Edinburgh City last season then Queens Park  left early Jan.

Wonder if the connection is Gary Naysmith he played with Murray for years at Hearts he would recommend Murray to Willie