Queen of the South's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be QotS's next permanent manager?  

130 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, JessieField said:

I see the usual anti "anything to do with Rangers" brigade are getting their oars in early...... probably one of the reasons we missed out on Kirk Broadfoot, have no defensive experienced players and are now sitting bottom of the League as a result.

Thats one take i suppose.

Guessing you only support QotS cause its got the queen in the name?

Amazingly, being ex-EBT FC is the least of Ferguson's undesirable traits. Firmly behind being an all round shite manager and a full fledged arsehole.

32 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Firstly he wasn’t from the usual merry go round of managers that clubs at our level usually pick from. Secondly the fact that he comes across quite well is used as a measure by fans. You hope that they can at least communicate their ideas coherently to the players and Bartley comes across as someone who can do that. Whether or not those ideas are any good is another matter.

He wouldn’t have been any more or less of a risk than Imrie for example.

Yes, I had intended to make reference to Imrie in my OP so I'm with you on that point.

I reckon communication and motivation is a big part of football management, something I never saw from AJ, he just whinged and moaned.

Stuart Kettlewell, won the Championship before, I reckon deserves another chance in management. I'd bet you would avoid relegation with him in charge.

What's Jim McIntyre doing these days? Would you have him back?

Stuart Kettlewell, won the Championship before, I reckon deserves another chance in management. I'd bet you would avoid relegation with him in charge.
Pass. Wasn't impressed with his County side given the budget he had. I doubt he'd be able to be effective with us.

12 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
13 hours ago, Sonam said:

Pass. Wasn't impressed with his County side given the budget he had. I doubt he'd be able to be effective with us.

I was just coming on to post that. Half their team was Premiership quality players on Premiership wages. Your dead nan would’ve won it more convincingly than he did.

13 hours ago, Sonam said:

Thats two managers RC sacked as being not good enough for you.

2 hours ago, Lowrie83 said:

Derek Adams is available now as well having just left Bradford. Proven track record of promotion from League 1 n Championship plus keeping teams in Championship too

Naw .... just naw ...

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

I was just coming on to post that. Half their team was Premiership quality players on Premiership wages. Your dead nan would’ve won it more convincingly than he did.

We had a strong Dundee United team, bigger budget than us and won league comfortably, was glorious :)

ICT this season fairly messing it up, probably best chance of promotion this year in a long while. Against a very poor Killie side, but looks like it's not happening. Mackay decent striker still I reckon. Gardyne would have got ICT promoted, surprised he got kicked out of club. Season ruining by the sounds of it. 

19 minutes ago, Sonam said:

Jim Mcintyre, any Queens fans keen on him for manager?

Not many, I shouldn't think. He's like a number of others mentioned on this thread, uninspiring, just part of the lower leagues' manager merry-go-round.

Edited by Riviera711

28 minutes ago, Sonam said:

We had a strong Dundee United team, bigger budget than us and won league comfortably, was glorious :)

ICT this season fairly messing it up, probably best chance of promotion this year in a long while. Against a very poor Killie side, but looks like it's not happening. Mackay decent striker still I reckon. Gardyne would have got ICT promoted, surprised he got kicked out of club. Season ruining by the sounds of it. 

Enjoy it while it lasts brother. When McGregor is gone you’ll be yo-yo’ing between The Championship and League One. County’s natural level. 

Pretty unispired by all the names banded about. To be honest the one that interests me most is Kevin Thomson. Young ambitious coach who talks very well is believed to be very good on the training field. I would just not go for anyone let's appoint someone with something to prove who wants to go higher. I am all for Wullie with say an experienced assistant to get the best of Wullie as a player as we really need him on the pitch. I

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Enjoy it while it lasts brother. When McGregor is gone you’ll be yo-yo’ing between The Championship and League One. County’s natural level. 

In yer dreams, hehe. ICT going for promotion, still a good chance and crowds pathetic really. Where is the enthusiasm, many fans staying away. Also hear the football on show been some of the worst ever. It's ICT that are sinking I'm afraid, League 1 next season I reckon.

2 hours ago, Sonam said:

He got kicked out of the club for things outwith the football club which every man and his dog seem to be aware of.

If it is anyone other than Gibson I will be very surprised.  The club have a long history of promoting from within.  Interestingly, he would be taking over in almost identical circumstances to when Johnston was appointed first time round something I'm sure the board have considered.  It worked out well in the end despite relegation but I'm not sure lightning will strike twice.  He doesn't have the same pool of young talent coming through that Johnston had and escaping L1 is a far greater task than it was back then.  He is probably worth a punt though, certainly if his interim spell shows promise.

The biggest challenge to appointing Gibson is that he will also need help. I'm not sure it is viable to expect him to be manager, captain, key player and reserve manager.

8 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

If it is anyone other than Gibson I will be very surprised.  The club have a long history of promoting from within.  Interestingly, he would be taking over in almost identical circumstances to when Johnston was appointed first time round something I'm sure the board have considered.  It worked out well in the end despite relegation but I'm not sure lightning will strike twice.  He doesn't have the same pool of young talent coming through that Johnston had and escaping L1 is a far greater task than it was back then.  He is probably worth a punt though, certainly if his interim spell shows promise.

The biggest challenge to appointing Gibson is that he will also need help. I'm not sure it is viable to expect him to be manager, captain, key player and reserve manager.

He’s probably the best player in just about every outfield position, which speaks volumes. Wouldn’t surprise me if he was the best goalkeeper in the squad as well.