Queen of the South's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be QotS's next permanent manager?  

130 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I see the usual anti "anything to do with Rangers" brigade are getting their oars in early...... probably one of the reasons we missed out on Kirk Broadfoot, have no defensive experienced players and are now sitting bottom of the League as a result.

Aye you missed out on Kirk Broadfoot because some of your fans took an anti Rangers stance and it was absolutely nothing to do with the fact that ICT was a far better option. Weird comment.

21 hours ago, TERREGLES1919 said:

I don't reckon Queens would entertain either Duffy or Hopkin after their recent stints at Ayr. Wouldn't reckon McIntyre would be looked at either.

Perhaps Brian Rice would be worth gambling on.

I don't want Hopkin to be the next QOTS manager and I don't really care much about QOTS. 

Thats how much I hate David Hopkin. 

If the board don't immediately toss their CV's in the bin, should they apply then they have not been paying attention. 

Hopkin - made me hate going to the football and that was after an 18 month Covid lockout. 

Duffy - has given up, like a jaded cop in a film trying to get to retirement, avoiding any work. 

2 hours ago, Slipmat said:

He could be an outside bet if the board are serious about promoting more of a local identity.

If that is indeed the case I wonder if Paddy Flannery is worth a shout?  He did a cracking job albeit at a much lower level with Mid Annandale and as far as I am aware still lives in the area.  I think he has a good job outside the game though which he'd probably be reluctant to jack in to go full-time.

Appoint Paddy and about 70 percent of Sons fans would suddenly be spending their afternoon at Palmerston. @Bring Back Paddy Flannery organising a fleet of coaches from G82.

1 hour ago, JessieField said:

I see the usual anti "anything to do with Rangers" brigade are getting their oars in early...... probably one of the reasons we missed out on Kirk Broadfoot, have no defensive experienced players and are now sitting bottom of the League as a result.

What absolute rubbish.

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

We poached Gordon Chisholm from QotS, he had a disaster before we ultimately made him redundant and then he seems to have disappeared from management ever since.

It's time for his glorious return.

Lots of Queens fans were delighted to see Chisholm go.  That we got compensation for it was hilarious.

1 hour ago, JessieField said:

QOS your wee team aye.

Eh? Barry Ferguson is a fanny and a failure of a manager. Those are the reasons I wouldn't want him anywhere near the place.

5 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm not sure an experienced man will necessarily get a bounce anyway. It'll take him weeks to assess the players which will be too late. At least Gibson knows the players and can hopefully find round pegs for round holes.

I'm sure many unemployed managers have been watching situation at Palmerston for a few weeks and will no the players inside out. Were any present at Morton on satrday?

6 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

We poached Gordon Chisholm from QotS, he had a disaster before we ultimately made him redundant and then he seems to have disappeared from management ever since.

It's time for his glorious return.

You still struggling with that hangover, aye?

7 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d be really interested to see how Bartley does as a manger as I was all for him getting the Ayr job. Dunno if his best bet is QOS though.

Seriously, why was Bartley so favoured for the Ayr job? I watched the debate with interest. He doesn't have much in the way of coaching/management experience does he? Is it because he's something of a media favourite, talks well etc etc. Just curious.

Seriously, why was Bartley so favoured for the Ayr job? I watched the debate with interest. He doesn't have much in the way of coaching/management experience does he? Is it because he's something of a media favourite, talks well etc etc. Just curious.

Firstly he wasn’t from the usual merry go round of managers that clubs at our level usually pick from. Secondly the fact that he comes across quite well is used as a measure by fans. You hope that they can at least communicate their ideas coherently to the players and Bartley comes across as someone who can do that. Whether or not those ideas are any good is another matter.

He wouldn’t have been any more or less of a risk than Imrie for example.

40 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm not sure onlooking managers could possibly get to know our players based on recent performances when you factor in that almost all have them have been played out of position for large periods.

Managers and coaches know what is going on at every club and will have details on every players in Scotland. If they are interested in a new job, like you and I, they will do their research on any new employer business, staff, current issues, etc