Queen of the South's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be QotS's next permanent manager?  

130 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

But not employed and available. Rice is Hughes best mate. Collins must have good connections. 
Both good coaches and that is what we need

Good coach doesn’t make a good manger. I don’t even think there’s any evidence of Collins being that good a coach tbh. Players hate him most of the places he’s been.

15 minutes ago, Manwithnoball said:

Why no Brian Rice or John Collins on the list. 

Because I have a horrific hangover and just put the first names that came to mind in the list rather than any great thought.

Please don’t appoint anyone before Saturday. We don’t want a new manager bounce.

It'll be a new manager regardless. Not sure there will be much bounce mind you. I'm just hoping Gibson moves Johnston's square pegs from the round holes and we might at least make a game of it.

4 hours ago, stan3600 said:

Please don’t appoint anyone before Saturday. We don’t want a new manager bounce.

Why not, half the bloody Championship have already had their new manager bounce against us. What goes around comes around, eh?

48 minutes ago, TERREGLES1919 said:

I don't reckon Queens would entertain either Duffy or Hopkin after their recent stints at Ayr. Wouldn't reckon McIntyre would be looked at either.

Perhaps Brian Rice would be worth gambling on.

This would be the dream.

19 hours ago, Manwithnoball said:

But not employed and available. Rice is Hughes best mate. Collins must have good connections. 

Both good coaches and that is what we need

On what evidence is Collins a good coach and a good fit as a manager?

His last managerial gig in this country was 15 years ago and resulted in mass mutiny because he's an arsehole.

The guy is an egotistical clown doesnt have the temperament to manage a successful side, never mind a team fighting relegation.

That said, kind of want it to happen just for a laugh.

Sadly, the Board had to make that decision and I fully support them in it.

Felt like nothing was going to change if we stuck with AJ.

So the whole reason/purpose for doing it should be to bring in a fresh face in the hope of igniting a spark that might save us.

Anyone that thinks Willie Gibson should be appointed until the end of the season just doesn't get it.

In a relegation battle you need an experienced team at the helm - and on the pitch, which we have lacked all season, so WG better off there.

Jim McIntyre or Brian Rice I guess.

Gibson should only get it if no-one else wants it in which case there was no point in making the change.

Allan Johnston is a decent guy who has served us well and respects QOS as a Club - see his words on the OS -  and he should certainly have that reciprocated.

46 minutes ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

Sadly, the Board had to make that decision and I fully support them in it.

Felt like nothing was going to change if we stuck with AJ.

So the whole reason/purpose for doing it should be to bring in a fresh face in the hope of igniting a spark that might save us.

Anyone that thinks Willie Gibson should be appointed until the end of the season just doesn't get it.

In a relegation battle you need an experienced team at the helm - and on the pitch, which we have lacked all season, so WG better off there.

Jim McIntyre or Brian Rice I guess.

Gibson should only get it if no-one else wants it in which case there was no point in making the change.

Allan Johnston is a decent guy who has served us well and respects QOS as a Club - see his words on the OS -  and he should certainly have that reciprocated.

Aye Dougie Imrie had vast managerial experience before taking over bottom of the table Morton..