Doonhamers vs. Red Lichties

Pretty sure the main reason linn doesn’t get much game time at this level is because of the lack defensive cover he gives. If u play him u would need to drop a striker and have someone like henderson in the midfield to cover the left side when bobby bombs it forward.

Pretty sure the main reason linn doesn’t get much game time at this level is because of the lack defensive cover he gives. If u play him u would need to drop a striker and have someone like henderson in the midfield to cover the left side when bobby bombs it forward.

I agree. It’s a real shame because Bobby still has a lot to offer but we’re not strong enough to play a winger who has no defensive side - at least not for 90 minutes.

58 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

But if you’re going out to win football games it’s what you need to do sometimes. Give the opposition something to think about and let them decide what to do about having him out there. Against the teams lower down it’s maybe a decision that could be made more often especially in some of the home games where we are up against teams sitting in. Either way Nicky out left doesn’t really provide any kind of benefit going forward or defensively. It’s a waste  

I’m not sure what Gibson can do to improve the defending with the squad he has inherited.
For comparison, Arbroath have conceded 18 goals this season. Queens have conceded just one short of that total in the last 8 games. 
All credit to him if he can improve some poor defenders and get some workshy midfielders to actually do their job this season. I don’t envy the task he’s been left with.

Thing is Gibson is by far your best player going off last couple games we’ve played you I wonder if that’ll have an effect on his performances on the pitch when he’s got the overall picture to think of instead of just his own job 

Was outstanding at Gayfield in the 1-1 game 

Queens fans!
Where is best to go pre match for a few refreshments? Is the social club now open and will it allow under 18s in? 

Thanks in advance 

Plenty of pubs within walking distance of the ground so you can't go wrong tbh. We don't have any particularly rough pubs either so you'd be welcomed in to any of them - just avoid The World's End down the Sands. Though The New Bazaar is down by it and is regarded as a QoS pub so you'd be made more than welcome there.

If you have an Under 18 the only other place to avoid (because you wouldn't get in) is the Cavens Arms. There is a Weatherspoons (*spit*) just along the road from it though.

As far as I'm aware the social club is open and does welcome U18's. The arena also serves some bottles as well and of course has the cafe.

6 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Plenty of pubs within walking distance of the ground so you can't go wrong tbh. We don't have any particularly rough pubs either so you'd be welcomed in to any of them - just avoid The World's End down the Sands. Though The New Bazaar is down by it and is regarded as a QoS pub so you'd be made more than welcome there.

If you have an Under 18 the only other place to avoid (because you wouldn't get in) is the Cavens Arms. There is a Weatherspoons (*spit*) just along the road from it though.

As far as I'm aware the social club is open and does welcome U18's. The arena also serves some bottles as well and of course has the cafe.

No cafe at the arena now. 

1 hour ago, Brother Grimm said:

No cafe at the arena now. 

Also do they still do a bottle bar in the Arena now the bar in the Stand is open?  On the subject of the Arena cafe, does anyone know if any interest has been shown in someone taking it over? 

9 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

When you say to avoid The Worlds End down the Sands it reallyyyy makes me want to go to The Worlds End down the Sands. 

19 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

When you say to avoid The Worlds End down the Sands it reallyyyy makes me want to go to The Worlds End down the Sands. 

You should go. The punters are quite rough and may be a bit mental and only have a couple of teeth between them but guaranteed you have a good time and a great laugh. Some folk are just snobby. 

You should go. The punters are quite rough and may be a bit mental and only have a couple of teeth between them but guaranteed you have a good time and a great laugh. Some folk are just snobby. 

See above for a fair description of the clientele. If like me you're a snob by wanting to avoid an establishment where you're concerned you may get stabbed or robbed I wouldn't bother. Otherwise, give it a stab...

45 minutes ago, FrankReynolds said:

Home from home then  !!

What are the chances of the match going ahead ??

1 hour ago, FrankReynolds said:

Best places, best away day for this very reason is Dundee or Dundee United. Hulltooon pub crawl and every single one is as above 

Really looking forward to this tomorrow 

16 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

The social club at the ground is open and will welcome U18's.  No cafe or bottle bar in the arena.

6 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

See above for a fair description of the clientele. If like me you're a snob by wanting to avoid an establishment where you're concerned you may get stabbed or robbed I wouldn't bother. Otherwise, give it a stab...

That reminds me, is the White Hart still open? World's End, The Victoria and the White Hart would be a tasty three to visit in that area. 

That reminds me, is the White Hart still open? World's End, The Victoria and the White Hart would be a tasty three to visit in that area. 
As far as I'm aware. I used to go to The White Hart when I first started drinking (mainly because it was open until 3am and the nightclubs are shite). Never had a bit of bother in there tbh. It was a heavy metal/goth clientele when I was last in but I really couldn't tell you what it's like now.

8 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Being teetotal and middle-aged, I'm not a great pub-goer, but I always thought the World's End looked strangely appealing, in a rubbish sort of way. I never went in though, so you should probably ignore me and listen to those who know what they're talking about.

Edited by Bad Wolf