Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?   

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

I said I believed he would still be in charge at end of season, just my feeling rather than based on any knowledge but always caveated that with being OK with it if he wasn't.

As it stands, it seemingly is a done deal so we'll move on. No gnashing of teeth or wailing here, I'll save that incase whoever we replace him with is a diddy.

I actually wasn't referring to you DJ, but hat off to you for your honesty 👏

Surprised that Aberdeen have gone for Goodwin tbh - what has he actually achieved at St Mirren ? Couldn’t get us into the top 6 last year and this year prior to recent good run of half a dozen games had us on a winless run of 11 games .
Will make Aberdeen tougher and hard to beat but if it is free flowing attacking football you are after then forget it. Probably more concerned about who he will poach in summer. Alnwick, Gogic and Greive will be on his radar I’m sure. 

Would be hilarious if he signed Gogic.

1 minute ago, Ric said:

I actually do, far more than people would expect. I worked in the legal industry on and off for about 7 years.

However, the meme is moot, there is no debating on the matter, contracts exist specifically to stop managers talking to other clubs.

Lol what

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Lol what

Fairly obvious me ol' mucker. Someone posts a meme as if I am somehow clueless on something without them realising I worked in the industry for years.

Seems only fair to point out their error, don't you think? ;)

Just now, Sheep62 said:

That hole just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Got your apology ready yet or still denying it 

:lol:

Apologise for what? Indulging in your nonsense? In which case I am beginning to regret it.

3 minutes ago, Ric said:

I actually do, far more than people would expect. I worked in the legal industry on and off for about 7 years.

However, the meme is moot, there is no debating on the matter, contracts exist specifically to stop managers talking to other clubs.

Never heard of this before. Citation needed. 

1 minute ago, Ric said:

Fairly obvious me ol' mucker. Someone posts a meme as if I am somehow clueless on something without them realising I worked in the industry for years.

Seems only fair to point out their error, don't you think? ;)

It was more your assertion of the primary aim of a contract. 

A contract provides financial protection to all parties, in an industry where sacking/head hunting/turnover of managers etc is very prevalent. It’s not designed to prevent managers talking to other clubs. 

6 minutes ago, Ric said:

:lol:

Apologise for what? Indulging in your nonsense? In which case I am beginning to regret it.

Don't worry I'll leave you alone now

You have demonstrated that you're more than capable of making an arse of yourself without any help from anyone.

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

A contract provides financial protection to all parties, in an industry where sacking/head hunting/turnover of managers etc is very prevalent. It’s not designed to prevent managers talking to other clubs. 

That sentence is a contradiction, you are claiming they are to stop "head hunting" then go on to say the contract is not designed to prevent "head hunting".

If you are bothered with my absoluteness, then sure, contracts cover many things, but they, as you point out, there also to stop managers talking directly to the competition.

1 minute ago, Ric said:

That sentence is a contradiction, you are claiming they are to stop "head hunting" then go on to say the contract is not designed to prevent "head hunting".

If you are bothered with my absoluteness, then sure, contracts cover many things, but they, as you point out, there also to stop managers talking directly to the competition.

Nope. I didn’t say it was to prevent headhunting. 

I said it provides financial protection to parties in an industry where headhunting and sacking are very common. I’m sure a man of a legal disposition such as yourself will know the difference. 

1 hour ago, Ric said:

I believe the answer to that is "thin skinned" .. ;)

Denial is a tough gig.

I love that you living in Aberdeen for a while at some point in the distant past and knowing "loads of Aberdeen fans who were stuck in the 80s" is meant to be some conclusive fact and final word on the matter 😆

Lazy pish relating to Aberdeen fans being stuck in the 80s.

What part of their teams past are Hearts fans stuck in for example? Living in Edinburgh id say a vast majority of Hearts fans think they are a huge club who undoubtedly are the "3rd force" who should be challenging the old firm.

In the past decade they havent finished above Aberdeen in the league (this season is the year of course) and weve won a trophy more recently.

Bar the crowd wanking from hearts where does this entitlement come from? What decade are they stuck in?

Im sure you have met "loads of hearts fans" in the past and can therefore give a definitive answer on this ...

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I said it provides financial protection to parties in an industry where headhunting and sacking are very common. I’m sure a man of a legal disposition such as yourself will know the difference. 

So no contract contain stipulations not to contact other clubs? Come now, you know both of our opinions meet in the middle.