Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?   

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Yorick said:

Appears very little experience to me, suprised the Don's can't get a bigger name, someone who has achieved something. How far the Aberdeen have sunk really!

Thankfully not as far as Dundee Hibernian who’s Manager’s previous 

gig was 

*checks notes*

Kelty Hearts in 2018

34 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Alnwick out of contract in the summer?  I'd be hoping Goodwin would be in for him if he arrives at Pittodrie.

Yeah. If Goody goes and takes JL as GK coach I think that would be highly likely.

45 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Fucking hell 👀

I mean, there's guys saying Goodwin would be off to bad start because of his Celtic links, but at least he's not also a fascist.

Who’s saying that Jim Goodwin would be off to a bad start because of his “Celtic links”? The depths some people go.

8 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

I had an argument with someone last night about this. They suggested he'd have to stop taking his kid to CP if he was the Dons manager.

Mental stuff. 

It's Celtic park, not ibrox. 

Same fucking thing. Never understand anyone who thinks differently.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I know that football is a game of opinions, but you’re stretching it a tad.

The only stretching going on Joey is you, in an attempt to make Lewis anything more than a standard jobber who had a good 6 months a season or so back.

5 minutes ago, Ric said:

The only stretching going on Joey is you, in an attempt to make Lewis anything more than a standard jobber who had a good 6 months a season or so back.

Some of your posts are excellent and some are simply wind ups. I’m torn as to which side your post here falls on. 

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

Some of your posts are excellent and some are simply wind ups. I’m torn as to which side your post here falls on. 

Clearly an excellent one.. ;)

Even the poster above admits he's been howfing over the last season or two. Being an outstanding keeper doesn't mean you disappear for a couple of seasons.

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

Clearly an excellent one.. ;)

Even the poster above admits he's been howfing over the last season or two. Being an outstanding keeper doesn't mean you disappear for a couple of seasons.

On a serious side, he’s had a minimal number of poor matches, usually against Motherwell, since he came to Pittodrie. Outstanding goalkeeper in his Aberdeen tenure, anything else is fictional.

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

On a serious side, he’s had a minimal number of poor matches, usually against Motherwell, since he came to Pittodrie. Outstanding goalkeeper in his Aberdeen tenure, anything else is fictional.

When he was on form he was very decent but you have to be consistent, and he's not been, and it's not just one game here and there.

While I'm not necessarily saying Alnwick and/or Hladky were the best keepers in the league, neither of them had consistently long bad spells.

Obviously, when you have Woods as backup then anyone is going to look good in comparison which clearly works in Lewis' favour. I was a bit stunned the other day when I heard he was in goal for you. Woods has been a fucking awful keeper throughout his career and you not only loaned him in, you gave him a permanent contract. I was sort of on the fence regarding McInnes' tenure but now I see that bit of business I fully understand why he was punted.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

When he was on form he was very decent but you have to be consistent, and he's not been, and it's not just one game here and there.

That, honestly, is simply made up pish. It has been one game here and there in his six years with us. Apart from Alan McGregor and Craig Gordon, I wouldn’t have wanted anyone else near our number one position in his time with us, including now.