Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?   

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, Sonam said:

Woildnt be suprised if Aberdeen get Goodwin, St. Mirren get Ross. Reckon St. Mirren fans would be happy with that, probably better manager as time will tell.

Surely though there are better, more experienced options out there for Dons. Derek Adams would be great for 2 years only IMO. Worth it tho for those 2 years

Just can't see Ross coming to us, or him being welcome if he did. He couldn't get outta there fast enough when his stock was high in 2018. I don't specifically blame him for that - if teams like Sunderland are offering you mad money, then fucking take it. But he has been one a one-man trolling mission ever since and it hasn't gone down well.

If this had happened a month ago Goodwin wouldn't even be getting a mention. It's utterly bizarre that one good month of results can raise your stock to such an extent and it's exactly why he would be mad not to go if he gets the offer and a package can be reached.

It really is a funny old game right enough.

33 minutes ago, Durnford said:

See the hacks are dragging out Paul Lambert as a potential - wonder how long before someone suggests John Hughes?

Kenny McIntyre, or whoever was on Sportsound last night, read out a text from an apparent Dons fan suggesting Stuart Kettlewell.

I know he's not a 'usual suspect', but qu'est-ce que c'est?

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Just can't see Ross coming to us, or him being welcome if he did. He couldn't get outta there fast enough when his stock was high in 2018. I don't specifically blame him for that - if teams like Sunderland are offering you mad money, then fucking take it. But he has been one a one-man trolling mission ever since and it hasn't gone down well.

I can't agree CS, Ross did a brilliant job for us first time around, and I think he did a pretty good job at Sunderland too. The Sunderland team he inherited / worked with were utter basket-cases. He almost had then promoted but for an unfortunate play-off at Wembley. 

Ross would be a good appointment for St Mirren and St Mirren would be good opportunity for him to re-establish his credibility as a top-notch manager.

Hopefully we don't lose Goody, but if we did it needn't be a disaster for us !!

Just my opinion of course. 

18 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I can't agree CS, Ross did a brilliant job for us first time around, and I think he did a pretty good job at Sunderland too. The Sunderland team he inherited / worked with were utter basket-cases. He almost had then promoted but for an unfortunate play-off at Wembley. 

Ross would be a good appointment for St Mirren and St Mirren would be good opportunity for him to re-establish his credibility as a top-notch manager.

Hopefully we don't lose Goody, but if we did it needn't be a disaster for us !!

Just my opinion of course. 

Agree with you I would take Ross back if Goody left. 

16 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

is there any chance of David Robertson applying for this? No idea if he is still managing in Kashmir?

Those of us who supported the dandies in the early 90’s will not entertain this for a fucking second 

Edited by Frank Grimes

18 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

@Munoz is almost in #headsgone territory and we've not even announced him.

He really isn't. I wasn't a fan of Goodwin getting our job when he did. Last season was decent enough, but we fell at the final few hurdles on 3 occasions. The first half of this season was not anything to get too excited about. 

Headsgone, nah.